“Second stay here”

Aloft Tempe
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
“Second stay here”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Convenient to sky harbor airport and ASU. Starbucks and In-n-out burgers across the street. Basic layout but no surprises. Plenty of convenient free parking. Didn't try the pool. Good bedding. Comfortable climate control. It's not a luxury hotel but that's not why you stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to learn that our convenient location and ideal amenities made your stay very enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The immediate surroundings aren't exactly gorgeous--basically a parking lot by the river--but if you have a car this is a convenient base to stay at while visiting Phoenix and the surrounding areas.

A group of us stayed for a few days to catch some spring training games in Scottsdale and Mesa (and a hockey game in Glendale). Each place was accessible within 20-45-min. drives, and having the hotel be so close to Sky Harbor made coordinating everyone's arrivals and departures much easier. The clincher is that the rooms were about $100/night cheaper than even the Best Western-type chains in Scottsdale proper.

The guys who tended the lobby bar were fun to hang out with, the rest of the staff were helpful and efficient. Beds and baths are totally decent, as is the fitness room. The wifi crapped out a little for the folks who were staying in rooms further away from the center of the building.

If the little lobby store offerings aren't substantial enough, there's a clutch of fast food options within a short walking distance, and the Tempe bar/restaurant drag is a few-minute car ride across the river.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a very used Hotel, may look somewhat new from the outside but the inside is showing alot of wear and tear, carpets are filthy as are the elevators. I asked before leaving the Hotel at what time the bar closed for food and I was told Midnigh, came in at 11:40 only to find out that they decided to close early so i left to bed hungry. I requested foam pillows and I was told they have none, so if you are alergic to downpillows this is not the place for you. The room as are all the Aloft Hotels are very small and only have showers no bath. The ammenities are below par. The staff is friendly but cant make up the difference for the wear and tear the Hotel is starting to show.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the inconvenience the issues you described caused you during your recent stay. In the future, please call down to the front desk so that we can address these issues immediately for you and create the most positive experience possible for you.
San Carlos
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our family was in town for spring training and this hotel served us well. We really enjoyed the nice vibe of the hotel and the rooms, the W xyz bar, and the convenience of the refresh breakfast and snack station. The location gave us great accessibility to all the various spring training facilities. The only downside was that the pool area didn't seem to be kept up as nicely as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently experienced great customer service at Aloft Tempe. I landed early in the day to find that somehow my reservation had been canceled. Jamie Metzger, the GM of the property found a room for the day and indicated that completing the week would be a challenge given the place was filled. The issue was on my end and thankfully Jamie worked hard over the next 12 hours to find a spot for me so I didn't have to change hotels.

The way he handled it was very customer driven and he earned a customer for life with me based on his attention and support.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at aloft Tempe and it was exactly what I needed. In town for baseball spring training, I needed easy access to various places around town, and this location was what I needed.

I've stayed at aloft properties before, and really enjoy them. I didn't see the run-down references some have mentioned. My room was spotless, the lobby and patio area were nice (no time for the pool this trip), and the bed was really comfortable.

The only "bad" thing was the direct view of In-N-Out burger from my window (kidding -- "bad" meaning it made me want a burger). Considering the fact that you can clearly hear the In-N-Out loudspeaker from the aloft parking lot, I was pleasantly surprised that you couldn't hear it from my room.

I know I'll be back to the Phoenix area, and aloft Tempe will definitely be on my list of options.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've stayed before, and after this time would stay again. It is conveniently located right off 202 in Tempe, and has an In-N-Out in the outlot as well as Sbux etc. Very convenient and I would say fairly priced. The staff is always super friendly and easy checkin/checkout. My room was clean/fresh but I would also add that over time I have seen the property get a little more "tired" in general. But never the less, a great and convenenient spot for a stay in Phoenix.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the freeway are a bit louder than the plaza/pool side...