“Luxury at an affordable price”
Review of Aloft Tempe

Aloft Tempe
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
College Station, Texas
“Luxury at an affordable price”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

While traveling back to Texas from LA, we stopped here for the night. What a great hotel! From check-in to drinks served poolside to check-out, the service was terrific. Our room was spacious and trendy. The hotel has amenities not usually found in roadside travel. Highly recommended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam M
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to learn you had such an enjoyable stay with us and our accommodating associates and convenient hotel amenities made your stay memorable. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I can stay at pretty much any hotel when I travel for work and I love many of the big time resorts in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. But, resort fees and guard gates and parking fees can all be such a drag. I'd rather take my clients out for a killer dinner. I love the consistency of Starwood brands like Aloft. This hotel is centrally located, near the airport, close to the good Tempe area energy... I stayed there for two nights last week... it's just a winner. (next to a Starbucks and a Yogurtland and a Dennys... and right off the freeway) I'll still do the fancy Scottsdale hotels, but for many of my trips, this property and ones just like it are exactly what I want!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hudson, NH
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It is difficult to describe this hotel because it is different from all others I have visited. That isn't a bad thing. When you walk in, the reception desk is in the middle of the room. There is a pool table and tables and chairs and also a bar for your enjoyment. We visited three weeks ago and stayed two nights. We are from the east coast and we had friends come in from California the day after we arrived. The hotel was EXTREMELY accommodating by letting us put a cooler in their room with some surprises we bought them. The gentleman with the blonde hair in reception put it together. We thank him so much for letting us do this. There is a pool which is nice to swim in to cool off. It isn't anything special but I am sure it will get more use as it gets warmer out. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. Why did people make such negative comments about the rooms???? Give me a break. We had a room for two nights and also went to our friend's room for a night and both were very nice. The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms are great and everything is clean. We are in tough times so staff is limited at almost every place visited or our own jobs or any place except a resort. When I read the negative reviews before I left I was leery about the hotel but I can only assume the negative comments were left by extremely picky people. Read my other reviews...I normally receive fantastic service and am satisfied with almost every place I visit. I don't want others to be swayed by the negativity. This is located in the city area, close to the highway, and very close to University of Arizona. Cities aren't quiet. This hotel was very inexpensive and worth every penny!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuvStormyHudson_NH
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Aloft Tempe is well located off the 202, about 10 minutes east of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. The hotel south of Scottsdale, west of Mesa and on the northern edge of Tempe. For business travelers (and coffee lovers), there is a Starbucks that is walking distance (or via drive-thru) in the strip mall directly across from the hotel. Said strip mall has additional retail food places, like Jersey Mikes and In-and-Out Burger. A short drive away, you’ll find the Tempe Marketplace, which has a number of sit down and fast food locations (The Keg, Kabuki, Yogi’s Grill) as well as shopping and a movie theater. Heading into Tempe near the ASU campus (about 5 minutes away), you will find even more food choices on and around Mill Street. The Aloft, if you’ve not stayed at one before, is hotel with functionally-designed rooms -- two desk areas flank a bench that doubles as seating or as a place to lay out your luggage. Across from this space is your bed (or beds), with reading light directly above. The bath area is compact, but very functional. The toilet and shower are separated from the vanity area by a mirrored door. Across from the vanity, you’ll find a series of cubbyholes for hanging clothes and placing your belongings. This area also contains an in-room coffee maker and a small refrigerator. The décor is modern and color scheme is gray tones. The rooms with double beds have more than enough counter space for multiple people to share. There is a small retail store downstairs with meals and snacks open 24 hours. There is also a pool, outdoor seating, an exercise room, a pool table, and generous space for hanging out in the lobby, not to mention the xyz Bar. But what I like most about the hotel is its staff. People go out of their way to talk with you and make sure you have what you need. I have made six trips to the Phoenix area in the past year and a half, and I always go back to the Aloft for the comfort, convenience, location and staff; and last but not least, the General Manager Jamie is just the best.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool or back courtyard area. Also, there are a small bank of rooms on the first...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NeverLoseUrPlace
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Convenient to sky harbor airport and ASU. Starbucks and In-n-out burgers across the street. Basic layout but no surprises. Plenty of convenient free parking. Didn't try the pool. Good bedding. Comfortable climate control. It's not a luxury hotel but that's not why you stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to learn that our convenient location and ideal amenities made your stay very enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The immediate surroundings aren't exactly gorgeous--basically a parking lot by the river--but if you have a car this is a convenient base to stay at while visiting Phoenix and the surrounding areas.

A group of us stayed for a few days to catch some spring training games in Scottsdale and Mesa (and a hockey game in Glendale). Each place was accessible within 20-45-min. drives, and having the hotel be so close to Sky Harbor made coordinating everyone's arrivals and departures much easier. The clincher is that the rooms were about $100/night cheaper than even the Best Western-type chains in Scottsdale proper.

The guys who tended the lobby bar were fun to hang out with, the rest of the staff were helpful and efficient. Beds and baths are totally decent, as is the fitness room. The wifi crapped out a little for the folks who were staying in rooms further away from the center of the building.

If the little lobby store offerings aren't substantial enough, there's a clutch of fast food options within a short walking distance, and the Tempe bar/restaurant drag is a few-minute car ride across the river.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a very used Hotel, may look somewhat new from the outside but the inside is showing alot of wear and tear, carpets are filthy as are the elevators. I asked before leaving the Hotel at what time the bar closed for food and I was told Midnigh, came in at 11:40 only to find out that they decided to close early so i left to bed hungry. I requested foam pillows and I was told they have none, so if you are alergic to downpillows this is not the place for you. The room as are all the Aloft Hotels are very small and only have showers no bath. The ammenities are below par. The staff is friendly but cant make up the difference for the wear and tear the Hotel is starting to show.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Tempe, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the inconvenience the issues you described caused you during your recent stay. In the future, please call down to the front desk so that we can address these issues immediately for you and create the most positive experience possible for you.