“Toilet Problems”

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Los Angeles, United States
“Toilet Problems”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The toilet in Room 338 did not work properly. The maintenance guy left me the plunger to help with the toilet problem. I thought that instead of giving me a plunger, the hotel should have given me another room. With the exception of the toilet problem, my stay was satisfactory. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

We are glad to see that your stay was satisfactory and our beds were very comfortable and met your needs during your time with us. We sincerely apologize about the incident with your toliet in your room. I will make sure this is addressed with in our maintenance department. Please know that you stayed with us during a sold out weekend and if we had another room available to offer we would of definitely moved you into another room so we were able to address the toliet problems.

If you have any additional comments or questions I am happy to discuss with you directly. Please do not hesitate to call me directly at the hotel.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tempe, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Good for business. Good location. Clean rooms. Bit pricey. But it gets the job done. Breakfast is part of the package, which is nice. Rates seems to change a lot depending on the season. Easy access to free ways - 60, i10, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We appreciate the recommendation and glad that our hotel met your needs while in the area.
We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Corona, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Room was nice size. Hotel needs updating. Breakfast was good, dining room was nice size and well kept during Breakfast rush. Pool area was clean. Room ventilation was not good, couldn't get it to one temp for comfort. Either too cold or too warn. Popcorn machine was nice for a late afternoon snack.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Glad that our hotel met your needs while in the area for your Spring vacation stay. We have some updates and upgrades scheduled for this month and I know you will be pleased when you come back to stay with us again.

New Park, PA
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We came here after running from the run-down and shabby La Quinta, and breathed a sigh of relief at the cleanliness and good working order. Airport shuttle runs only once an hour, and the a.c. is pretty noisy, otherwise a comfortable stay. This will be our new spot in Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate the recommendation to other travelers and mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel. We are looking forward to having you back and and are glad that we are your "new spot" in Phoenix.

Pleasant Hill, CA, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stayed several times at this BW when visiting the area for baseball spring training. For me, the location is good, with relatively easy access to the places I visit. There is a nice cooked breakfast set-up, staff are always helpful and professional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your long term business and that annually you decide to return to our hotel for your spring training visit to the Valley. The recommendation about our good location and easy access to places is valued. We look forward to next year when you come and stay with us again.

West Seattle WA
Reviewed 28 March 2014

In the fall of 2013 in Nov. I was home hunting in Tempe/ Chandler/Mesa area and stayed in this BW for 6 nights, When I chacked in I asked for the best rate using AAA and ARRP discount and was told I received the best rate. OK. Then I went to Tucson for a week to look and then back to BW inTempe. Stayed 2 more nights and when I checked out I noticed the rate was $20.00 a night less then when I stayed for 6 nights. I anked them for a refund for the $120.00 and was told that was water over the dam. I asked to see the person in charge and was informed that person was out and he could not do anything. I had a plane to get to so I wrote it of as I will never stay at another BW anyplace in the world again. @0 yeas ago I was a Gold Key menber at the Dobson Ranch BW and I still travel a lot, Lots of choices in the world to saty but BW is not on that list.The date below is wrong but I had to submit a date to post this review.

Room Tip: Stay accross the street!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear that our hotel rates didn't meet your needs while house hunting in the area.
Please know that our hotel rates increase or decrease on any given day or week basd on demand and our business levels. I can assure you that we weren't in any way trying to take advantage with our rates.

I am happy to discuss in greater detail. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Payson, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is normally excellent but on this visit it stunk. The staff got the reservation wrong and would not correct it nor did they seem to care. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it. I have nothing more to say and I have to use 200 characters for this stupid site so I will keep repeating my self to post it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. My sincerest apologies that our service levels didn't meet your needs and there was a mix up regarding your reservation.

I am happy to discuss in greater detail and find a resolution. Please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for me. I hope to hear from you soon.