“customer service area needs some work”

Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This property looks like its getting a new facelift & could use some customer service skills at Front desk & GM. Also needs some deep cleaning down ion rest rooms, overflow drains were full of gunk/mold/order. Employee's entered my room 2 times with my DND on the door

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWT03144, Owner at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for visiting our hotel.
We will try harder to meet and/or exceed your expectations on your next visit.

The entire staff

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The room was satisfactory in appearance. Toilet did no flush well, sinks slow to drain. There were kids running down the hallway during the night and making a lot of noise. The interior as well as the exterior of the hotel was nice. The breakfast was good . Eggs with cheese in the center, coffee, juice, sausage and biscuits and gravy. There was fruit , yogurt and pastries. Arrival and departure went smoothly and the staff was pleasant for both. In the future I will try another hotel to compare price and value. Overall the hotel stay was average.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel
We appreciate all the positives you mentioned about hotel
and we will continue to try to improve in all areas that you pointed out as average.

The Entire Staff

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent a week in Tempe, AZ on business and stayed here. It was not the nearest hotel to the office, but significant less dough than many closer. Interior is nice and updated. They have dispensers in the showers, which I suspect is better for the environment than the small shampoo bottles and soaps typically provided (which was a plus for me!) And the shower pressure?? I got spoiled while I was there!

I absolutely LOVE the fact that their fitness center did not have any closed hours (which is fairly standard, but I was working on an EST schedule, so leaving to work before 5am!) Not being familiar with the area, I much preferred to get miles in on the treadmill than roaming strange streets at 3am! The breakfast (which I only got a couple days due to my schedule) was really good - one of the best from a Best Western that I can recall! Clean presentation and clean dining area.

This would have been 5 stars except that the air conditioning in my room did not cool as well as I would have liked. The week I was there, the highs were in the low-mid 90s (early May, not mid-summer!), but when I set the thermostat on "auto" and 68, it would run forever (and apparently get the room to around 70, as when I bumped it up to 70 - it would run on/off every few minutes). I never reported the issue, as it wasn't that uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Wow!!! What a great and thorough review off our Hotel. Thank you.
We appreciate all your positive comments and will look into fixing the thermostat
in the room you stayed in to work properly in the future.
Thanks again for taking the time for writing about us.

The Entire Staff

Reviewed 11 May 2014

we choose this hotel after reviewing a lot of over 100 reviews. I was looking for a 4 stars hotel and this one was to us a 5 stars hotel and BW was classified as a 4.5 starts hotel. We went there for our 30 years Anniversary. To go to this hotel we cancelled another reservation because of poor ratings as 2.5/3 starts hotel and I'm so happy I did. BW nearby the airport like 4 miles. the Arizona Mills mall across the hotel. Rooms very comfortable and you have everything you may need during your stay. Housekeeping very pleasant, most of them knows Spanish. Front desk available 24 hours. internet works very excellent BW would provided with wifi password. Breakfasts exceed your expectations. Your room equipped with all the goods from microwave, refrigerator, iron, coffee pod, shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, lotion, Wi-fi connection, wipes to clean your faces, even to shine your shoes, AC runs excellent, Swimming pool kind of cold but Jacuzzi warm. Hotel is equipped with a washer/dryer the cost $1.00 each load in which is reasonable for everything you need your key card. Very small exercise room but I didn't needed it good enough for two people but quiet a nice. I was so impressed with a lot of the front desk staff but I will always remembered Esmeralda helped us with any information we needed very pleasant and sweet and she speak fluent Spanish. Also Mike, Roy, Belinda and the manager Jarrold Williams all of them helped us with everything wether it was night staff or day staff we were very pleased. BW plus the best Hotel in Tempe, AZ. It's very closed to Phoenix, AZ like 10-15 minutes ride to downtown. A 5 stars hotel. One tiny complained I called on the afternoon of May the 2nd so they will go to my room to turned AC on High and no one did after I called and asked them too. They said yes but no one did when we got there our air was off I did it while I was in my room but leave air on before you leave all day. If you want your room with a nice view requested it when you do reservation our rooms was covered by a big tree by the window and I couldn't see our car. Other than that everything was better than all our expectation.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. And we greatly appreciate the recommendation to other travelers. Glad to know that our location and amenities met your needs while in town. We hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Chose this establishment because of the location and the reviews. Staffing is excellent, shuttle is available, rooms are being upgraded. Another plus is that off airport car rentals will service this location, this translates to big savings from airport rentals.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DOS_BWPT, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are happy that our hotel location met your needs while in the area. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers and sharing about our excellent staff, hotel shuttle and good location.

Please come back and stay with us again when traveling to our area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We often visit our son, who is attending college in Tempe, and will always stay at this hotel. It is close to the mall, very close to his school, and close to the freeways. It is ALWAYS clean, staff is friendly, and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are glad that we are your hotel of choice when visiting your son in the Tempe area.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers and mentioning our clean hotel, friendly staff and comfortable rooms.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Cannot rate this hotel highly enough pleasant helpful staff. Comfortable rooms excellent breakfast. Very well placed for the area we wished to visit only minutes from the freeway without being intrusive. Ideal for the ladies as name states it is opposite the mall again without being intrusive.

Room Tip: we booked a ground floor with entrance to the pool. no problem with noise as the pool closes at 10:0...