“Great value-priced hotel”

Ranked #38 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great value-priced hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I spent four nights here in May. Although the hotel is a bit dated, it was very clean and a great value for a budget-priced hotel. The suites are spacious with fridge and microwave. The hot breakfast that was included was really good, though monotonous with the same menu daily. The pool was small but well maintained and never very busy. The Manager's Reception was a nice touch although we only got there once.
The location was great. We had dinner at some really good restaurants just across the street, the Rainforest Cafe and the Claim Jumper in the huge outlet mall. Everything just steps away.
Staff and service were very good. We appreciated the free airport shuttle as well.

Room Tip: Both the complimentary breakfast and Manager's reception are held poolside so rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
My staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our Free InnSuites Extras like the Hot & Healthy Buffet Breakfast, Evening Social Hour are some of the things that set us apart from our competition. As you saw, our hotel is perfectly located for people wanting convenient access to shopping and restaurants. We will see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 5 July 2013

stayed 2 days at this great hotel as always staff is great and very accomodating. Hotel is nicely located off a major highway and across from Arizona Mills Mall. Room was great could use an update but you cannot
beat the price. They provide free parking for people flying out of Phoenix as long as you get a room their.They
also provide a shuttle if you need a ride to the airport. Great price,location & staff !!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill G
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. With our location so near Phoenix Sky Harbor we frequently get people the night before flying out, or staying with us the night they return home. See you on your next visit!
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We used hotel to park & fly out of PHX airport. Nice, updated rooms. Not much space but nice amenities w/fridge, mirowave, desk. Room was a bit warm when checked in but A/C worked fine. Outside entrance rooms mean more noise outside room. If a/c not on you would have had a fair amount of noise..perhaps ask for room near back of property. Directly acrosss from AZ Mills Mall. Shuttle to airport quick and efficient..hopefully that will be true on our return. Staff at night quite nice. Front desk gal this morning quite distracted and a bit unprofessional but got the job done. I would stay here again. Breakfast was standard for included breakfast..eggs were pretty decent!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mhansencmc
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed our clean comfortably appointed rooms, and that you enjoyed our InnSuites Extras such as our free hot buffet breakfast and our complimentary shuttle service. We will see you on the next leg of your trip, and hopefully for many future trips!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had a great time visiting with friends at this hotel, great pool, convenient spot, across from the mall with many types of restaurants. The social hour and free breakfast are a huge plus to save money when traveling with kids!!

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early, the space is limited but you can always eat outdoors on the patio.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
I am glad you had such pleasure with your recent stay. Our location, as you have mentioned, is one of our biggest attractions; as we are so easily accessible to the entire Phoenix area. Our pool courtyard is one of our guests favorite of our properties amenities, and I am glad to see we have yet another guest compliment for it. Our social hour and breakfast are ample, and set us apart from other hotels in the area who aren't willing to provide as much as we do, even though they frequently charge more. The value we offer is one of the reasons we have had guests returning to the Hotel Tempe year after year for over 30 years.
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 26 May 2013

If you read any of my other hotel reviews, you will see I am a bit of a "softie." I tend to let little things go, respect the staff wherever I am, and generally just point out the little things that may be a bit off. This review is your warning. Expect as little as possible so you will not be disappointed.

It all started at check-in. I had won a VIP certificate at a charity silent auction, and booked two nights for a relaxing, in-town getaway with the family. However, I was told by Carlos, in a somewhat stern way that because they were more than 80% booked, they could only honor one night of my VIP award. WTF!?! Apparently, since I called the 800 number to book the reservation, the Tempe location had no record of the reservation. Fortunately, I had printed out a copy of the email which clearly showed I had booked the nights as a VIP, so Carlos begrudgingly said they would honor my coupon. (So much for starting a relaxing weekend.)

The rooms are fine. We had an executive suite with a spacious living area. But whoever designed this place needs to explain how you can have the fan from the air conditioner blowing DIRECTLY on one of the two beds.

In this newly remodeled and "under new management" property, the ice machine next to the pool was "out of order." No telling how long that sign was posted. Great service in the 97 degree Arizona sun.

It took two tries (at 9:30 am) to get fresh towels by the pool. Shouldn't that be part of normal maintenance?

The pool is small and certainly undersized for the number of rooms. It was crowded, and some guests had obviously figured that out. We watched two people throw their stuff on one of the two tabels poolside, and then leave for the next several hours. of course, with no one monitoring the pool, for things like, say fresh towels, this sort of behavior is likely commonplace.

Oh, did I mention that when we went to sit by the pool we had to remove a few empty beer cans from where we were sitting?

There is a sitting area upstairs from the pool area. I happened to stroll by it once. It was apparently a cigarette smokers refuge, judging by all the butts on the ground.

The exercise room consists of three machines and a few free weights. There were towels, but no water. Am I being too "fussy" asking for a drinking fountain? Yes, a water cooler would be even nicer, but remember what I wrote earlier about lowering your expectations!

Finally, and this is the icing on the proverbial cake. None of my family members felt particularly safe here. At 3:00 am there were a bunch of drunks (likely hotel guests) running up and down the floor outside our door. It would be nice, just as a deterrent, to send someone in a uniform around in the evening hours just to make sure there was no vandalism and that your other guests were not disturbed while trying to sleep.

I expect Adam, the GM who has responded to earlier Trip Advisor posts to weigh in here. Adam, I accept your apology in advance for the poor service, and realize there is nothing you can do about the hotel's design flaws. They are not your fault. But here is some free advice: Drain the swamp. Start over and get your staff to recognize that at 100 bucks/night your guests deserve better. Actually, they deserve better at $20/night! Get maintenance folks who are proud of their work, and hire some security. Until then, you will not see us set foot here again...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JTL61
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay did not exceed your expectations. On behalf of my staff and myself, I apologize that you had the issues you encountered. I will use your comments here in my meetings with staff and management to show how we need to have our housekeeping and grounds crew focus more efforts on our central courtyard, patios and pool area so that other guests do not encounter similar situations during their stay. We will work to implement backup strategies so that on our busiest days our grounds stocking and rounds can still be maintained to our high service standards. We pride ourselves on our guests having a quiet comfortable stay, and I am sorry that you had issues related to other guests being noisy near your room during your stay. I will work with my daytime front desk staff member that checked you in, and will also work with my overnight crew about adjusting our approaches and service levels in light of your comments. Thank you for pointing out areas where we can focus more efforts to improve our guest's stay.
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Having over-nighted here several times when traveling out of the country(we live in Sedona) we found this place much to our liking. It is close to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and shuttle service is provided. We have always found the staff friendly and courteous, and enjoyed the "Happy Hour" in P.J's cafe. The price was right and so was the room. We stayed in several over the past three or four years and never wanted for anything or found it lacking in any way. I would most assuredly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Due to our location, our complimentary parking, and our complimentary airport shuttle, we frequently have many guests from around Arizona whom stay a night before, or after, a flight to take advantage of our Park and Fly specials. Couple that with our FREE breakfast & social hour, Wi-Fi, business center, well appointed comfortable rooms, and stellar customer service, the value of our hotel for out of town travelers is hard to beat. We look forward to seeing you, and hopefully your family and friends, the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I do a lot of traveling and am paralyzed from the waist down. Going to new hotels can be a real crap shoot as you never know what you are going to get when a place posts "wheelchair accessible". When I registered I was met by people who were extremely kind and were doing all they could to make sure my registration was as easy as possible and then held the door for me as I left to go to my room.

When I got to my room it was extremely spacious and very easy for me to get around in and also clean and looked as though it had recently been painted and upgraded. I had my own kitchen and fridge that was cold and had complimentary bottled water in. The bed was literally brand new and high end and had a massive pillow top and fit me perfectly, the pillows were super fluffy and comfortable and seemed to brand new as well.

This coupled with the location I could not be more happier about and I can say every time I am back in Phoenix I will be staying in this exact same room!

Two thumbs WAY up!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel, and staff, fit your needs perfectly. Our accessible Studio & Executive Suites have been meticulously designed to exceed your needs. All of our Studios & Suites have our signature Cloud9 bed, we receive many compliments for our comfortable mattresses. The staff pride themselves on their customer service and going the extra mile, and I am glad to see that their efforts helped you have such a satisfying stay. We look forward to your return to our hotel the next time you are in town!