“One Extreme to the Other”

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Des Moines, Iowa
“One Extreme to the Other”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The positive first; My wife and I loved the bed, the room, the pool, PJ's, the little cafe within the hotel property where continental breakfast and social hour are served.
A generous rewards program also.
The negative; I know hotels charge a fee for "amenities" and this fee is different from one hotel to another. However, when your a regular customer and plan to continue visiting, and have developed a record of not "using" the amenities, it is my opinion the fee should be waived. Also, I checked my bank this morning and discovered a charge for a stay when I was not there. Upon contacting the hotel, I was told it was for a reservation from over a week previous that we cancelled. The gentleman I spoke with said I had to provide a cancellation confirmation number before they would refund the money, and it could take up to 30 day's. If I can't trust my financial information with them, there is nothing they can do to get me to come back. It's too bad as we had planned on visiting at least once a month. If the staff had integrity they would have made it right with a single phone call.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
I apologize for the billing error with your reservation. I know that my front office manager did speak with you personally and that you have been refunded for the additional reservation which was not officially cancelled. We do require any and all guests staying at our hotel to provide a credit or debit card which is authorized for room, tax, and an additional incidental hold. By design, this is not something that our front desk staff can change, as I have it programmed into the reservation system to automatically authorize the card for this. I assure you that this is a relatively standard procedure here in the Phoenix area, I have never worked at a hotel that didn't have an incidental hold on a guest's card. Rental car companies also have this as a standard, this is very common. The authorized amount gets released back by the card holder's bank after the stay as long as no additional charges for room service, etc have been incurred to the reservation. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Nice place, decent room. Good location, nice breakfast. The gym, though, looked like a big closet, and I could not run since the incline button on treadmill broken. Also, remote control on my room looks like it has bite marks on it. Overall, seems like there were more families here, and probably a good place to go for cost conscious folks. The suite did have two room, and that was nie, and bed was fine. Nice kitchenette for those who want to use it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I always meet my kids and grandkids in this area sometime during the month of March so we can attend some baseball Spring Training games so we ended up staying here. The check-in process was very good. The young lady was very efficient an friendly. The room was on the small side but it was very clean. I found out that the walls are paper thin and every word of the conversation in the room next door could be heard. Their breakfast was great offering several choices and their social hour where they offered two free beers or soda's along with chips, popcorn, etc. was nice also. They had a nice pool and it along with the pool area was nicely kept. One of my kids and her family had a bad experience though. They had arrived late in the evening and the next morning they were awakened by the noise of someone running in the room above them. A few minutes later they heard water dripping in the bathroom and when they looked lots of water was coming down from the ceiling. They called the front desk right away and tried to catch the water with their ice bucket and trash can. Then they realized that the water was dirty, it was waste. Apparently the toilet above them had overflowed and now it was leaking into their room. When they went to the front desk and told them there was no way they were going to stay in that room the clerk told them they could change rooms but not until 3:00 PM. That sure seemed strange but since we were going to a game it would work out OK. We got back to the hotel at 3:45 and when they went to get the key for their new room they were told it wasn't ready yet and they had to wait another 30 minutes. I can't believe that a priority wasn't put on getting their new room clean. And after all of this there was NEVER any kind of an apology given, not even in the least way. No, next year we'll be looking for a different place to stay based on the very high prices here and the lack of service.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be disturbed by the noise from all of the folks in the pool ask for a way o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale K
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I would like to start by saying the staff here is wonderful. They were super friendly, and got through the waiting crowd and had everyone situated.
But the walls are paper thin. Every boom, sneeze, shower, we heard it all. The constant noise (even at night) was just awful.
The breakfast, on the days we ate there, were not very good at all. There was no variety, just a very few items to choose from.

Room Tip: Try to be more in the building and not towards the parking lot. The pillows are really flat, so brin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SelenaandNick
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here with my Father and two brothers. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We used the shuttle to get back to the airport to save us taxi fees. The hotel had a kind of mini-resort feel with a pool and hot tub in the center court yard. Every afternoon is happy hour when you can get two free beers by the pool area, nice touch. Rooms were not fancy, but very adequate. My only complaint is noise from the outside sounds as if the window is open, there were some others talking outside late into the night that kept me up for a while, so it might not be the best place for families. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tofield
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great time here. Great Buffett breakfast and free cocktail hour. The location was perfect with the mall right across the street and restaurants within walking distance. As for a room away from the pool if you want quiet

• Stayed February 2014
Kapaa, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This place is a nice experience an one of the better Temep properties. Ive had bad luck with other tempe properties. This one is modest however very adequet.It was a pleasant time with the rest I needed for travel. The sunning is good.

Room Tip: A good deal