Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe/mesa/phoenix Area
Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Typical Average hotel. The front desk staff were not helpful. Even though we are Wyndham members, they refused to give us a room with two beds, "it's an upgrade". Yes, there is a room, but we will not give it to you. They said we purchased it through a 3rd party, so we are not eligible for upgrades? Since when is booking through Expedia a 3rd party? This was not a Priceline type blind booking, we specifically chose this hotel through Expedia. We prepaid hotel, but they tried to charge for first night anyway. I had to go to front desk and tell them. They tried, "that's a hold on your card for incidentals"? Why is the same price as the room? And what is this additional $50 on my card? Oh, hmmm. Not sure, but they than took it off.

Breakfast was not good. It could have been good, BUT food was cold, and the hour we were in there nobody even looked to see if it needed restocking(it did).

Make sure if you stay here, get a great price. It really would not take much to make this better, Getting staff that were service oriented would solve 95% of their problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe/mesa/phoenix Area, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services.
The Hawthorn is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.
We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you with the level of service you expect from the Hawthorn.

Ollie Smith
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I gave a positive review of this Hotel a year ago. I was prepared to give it another this time until I experienced a first for me. The toilet in our room got stopped up. I was able to prevent it from overflowing by turning off the water before it overflowed. On the way out for an event and dinner at 4 pm I'm stopped by the front desk and told them the toilet was backed up. My wife and I returned to the hotel at 8:30 pm. We went up to the room and found a toilet plunger in front of the door to our room. We were flabbergasted to find the toilet just as we left it. I took the hint and fixed the toilet and cleaned up the bathroom myself. I'm thinking of sending them a bill like I'm would get from a plumber. Amazing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple