“Nice staff and nice rooms, but a bar / restaurant would have been nice.”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I can't compliment the staff highly enough. Everyone was friendly, pleasant and courteous. And the bonus of having the complimentary bus service run you into town was great.

The room was spacious, comfortable, excellent wifi and well air conditioned. A good place to work and relax. And the quality of housekeeping was very good also.

Only two points to be negative about:

(1) I was surprised that there was no bar / restaurant on site. And there was nothing within walking distance. So nothing to do in the evenings, unless you were prepared to take a ride into town.

(2) The breakfast service was poor. Polystyrene plates, plastic cutlery and processed / microwaved scrambled egg in a big plastic bag. Yuk.

Overall, fair value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My flight was delayed, but a quick phone call to the hotel assured me of a late arrival. Once my flight arrived in Phoenix, (and a phone call to the hotel), the hotel shuttle quickly arrived. The hotel itself is nice with an outdoor pool and a nicely equipped gym. My nightly sleep was fine, the hotel is really quiet and each unit has an a/c unit. Their morning breakfast menu was nice with eggs, waffles, oatmeal and coffee. All in all, it was a nice stay. I'll be back!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are the closest to the pool and breakfast food.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here before a flight. Nice, clean, modern, spacious, comfortable. This is quite honestly better than many 5* hotels I have stayed at.
The bed was incredibly comfortable. The room had all amenities one could ask for and ample plugs to charge electronics.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have stayed at many SpringHIll suites and typically like this brand. However, I can tell you that the mattresses in this hotel (at least in the two rooms we had) were nothing short of medieval torture devices!

The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was good; but wow, my back will not forget those mattresses any time soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms are wonderfully sized for our family of 5. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with the lock and the quickly moved us to a other room on the same floor. Also, they were wonderful and allowed us to check in early which was super helpful and the kids loved the po and hot tub. It is close to ASU, but not within walking distance, which we did not mind as traffic was light on the weekend. We will stay here again when we return to ASU. Breakfast was amazing as it was plenty beyond our expectations. Something for all of us. And coffee/hot cocoa/tea available 24/7.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We were stuck in PHX overnite recently and had to get a room very late and very last minute and stayed at this property as very close to the airport. While the airport lobby is a little tired and outdated we received the best service from the overnite hotel clerk! When i called he was so helpful and sent a shuttle immediately. When we arrived he was so very nice and professional and set up the shuttle for the next am to return to airport. I am so sorry I dont recall his name and meant to write as soon as home but failed to. He said he was fairly new there but was very knowledable and such a pleasure to deal with......

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Clean Rooms. Nice Front Desk Staff. Great location.

Platinum members are not upgraded to nice rooms here and that is always a downside for me. But, the horrible speed of the Internet is 1990's speed. The max is 1.5 and it is never that speed. During peak times, the speed crawled. I did speak to front desk about this 3 times and they had me to switch signals but they are all the same. They now have a provider that offers them sub par Internet speed and this is not what I need as a business traveler. Internet is crucial to my stay and here I could not wait to get out of the hotel and on to the next one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business