“Red Lion in Tempe”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were delayed by a day by Frontier Airlines, because they wanted to refuel in Cancun rather than Costa Rica and made us 3 hours late for our connecting flight from Denver to Phoenix. The young lady onthe front desk when we arrived was super great at getting us into our room and made us feel that the problems we had with the airline would not cost us extra at their hotel. This is the best experience we have had at any hotel we have stayed at. I only wish I could remember this ladies name and let everyone know how great she treated us. My next trip to the Phoenix area will include a stay at the Red Lion Inn in Tempe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hi John,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our front desk agent did such a great job. I will be sure to pass your comments on to her as well as the rest of our staff. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I found this hotel while looking for an inexpensive hotel for a short stay in Tempe. We originally had reserved at a different hotel and then found the Red Lion. Loved the location and shuttle. Room was a lot bigger than a normal hotel room. Property had several spots to lounge with patio furniture and enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy you ended up staying with us and enjoyed your time. I hope you choose to stay with us again when visiting the Tempe area.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very centrally located for access to highways and shopping. Full breakfast is included in very comfortable surroundings. Reception was pleasant and very helpful. We requested a quiet room and were not disappointed in the location. Grounds are kept very clean as well as the room. It is pet friendly for a nominal charge. The room was laid out well with vanity separate from toilet and bath. Fridge and coffee maker was included but no microwave in the room or in the breakfast area. However, when asked to heat up our food, the receptionist allowed us to use their private microwave. They have a small confectionery that sells microwaveable popcorn. There is covered outside seating off the breakfast area and sitting areas around the property. Fresh coffee is available 24/7. This is certainly a return hotel for us.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi Conscom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you had a great stay with us and will share your comments with my staff. We will be getting a microwave in the lobby soon for guests to use. We look forward to seeing you again!

-Andrew

Reviewed 25 February 2014

No problems at all. Great service, the staff, answered all my questions. Free breakfast from 6am to 10am. Free Wi-fi. The swimming pool was right in front of our room so my daughter enjoyed it. And great location close to airport, freeways and shopping centers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi Juan,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

-Andrew

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it, especially for the price. It's really close to the airport, and they have a free shuttle. The shuttle will also take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The rate also includes a complimentary breakfast and free internet.
There's a lovely patio with tv's and ceiling fans, and a small pool area with plenty of tables and chairs and grills. The rooms are clean and freshly painted, but there are outdoor corridors, which did make me nervous coming in at night and alone.
The front desk staff were efficient and kind. My flight had been cancelled due to weather, but they were able to pick me up from the airport promplty, check me in fast, and even give me a complimentary bottle of water. It was a very nice greeting after dealing with the stress of the cancelled flight.
Only downside is there is construction going on next door--when I woke at 7:22 am, it had already started. This may be an issue if you want to sit by the pool. Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We love rescuing distressed passengers! I am happy that we brought a little relaxation to an otherwise stressful day.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Wonderful Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near the Phoenix Airport. here is a free shuttle to the airport. They also offer a free breakfast. The rooms were very clean. We would stay there again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for choosing stay with us! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean with friendly service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed at many Red Lions and this is by far the nicest I have experienced. The room was very nicely appointed with a beautiful yellow accent wall (not your average bland white or tan).
We found the beds to be very comfortable, and with a choice of a soft or firm pillow!
I really liked that there are many soft chairs arranged in groups outside to sit around and visit in the fine weather there.
I'll definitely be returning.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We recently upgraded our rooms, which included the accent wall, and it's nice to hear when it has positively impacted our guests. Our property has lots of great outdoor gathering spots and I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe
Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall
Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport
Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Radisson Hotel Phoenix North
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe? Share your experiences!