“5 STAR”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 25 March 2014

great place to stay with great prices. Will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for the fantastic service! Very clean and great customer service!! We had a great time while visiting from Florida!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time in Tempe. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room with great service and are happy to hear when we have done so. Hope to have you stay again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a kitchenette from March 18-25 to catch some Spring training baseball games. I have been here previously when it was a Hampton Inn and I loved it. Nothing has really changes as far as I can tell but here is a rundown:
Rooms- large, clean, well furnished with modern appliances and televisions but surprisingly, no utensils??? In a Kitchenette???
Property- clean, well manicured grounds. Did not check out the pools but from what I remember, they are good.
Amenities- complimentary breakfast buffet with good coffee, juices, fruits, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, assorted pastries and otherwise a great way to start your day.
The hotel shuttle bus can take you anywhere within a five mile radius. Thankfully, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is within the five miles, as are many of the Spring Training Facilities in the Cactus League
Staff- one word... AWESOME. From the front desk clerk on admission to the shuttle bus driver they were all very professional and courteous.

All in all, I would have absolutely no reservations about coming back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NakasBronx_NY
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your Spring training trip. Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay with us. Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

On our last night staying at the red lion we were locked out of our room! We came back from getting food and our key card did not work. After telling the man at the front desk he "fixed" our key. We went back to our room and the door still would not open! We then went back to the front desk where he preceded to tell us how to use the key card (as if we had not been using them all weekend!) and made us two new keys. We went back to our room where surprise neither of the keys worked. The security guard came to help us and very rudely accused us of either having someone in the room or having something hanging on the back of the door, we of course had neither. He then told us he was going to the airport and would figure something out when he got back! It was cold outside and we were told to just wait for an hour while he "figured something out??!!" Finally the guy at the front desk just gave us a new room and said we had to wait for the maintenance guy to get there at 7 in the morning. So now we have a new room with none of our things! I didn't have my contact solution, glasses, or medication.... Then the next morning the maintenance guy had to take the whole keypad off the door as it was completely broken! Not to mention we had a bill in our room for the whole time we stayed. No mention of trying to rectify the whole mess of the night before! I am super super upset with the whole situation as we really enjoyed the room and were planing on staying at the Red Lion when we go to Disneyland later this year. Doubt that now!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hello Alisha, I am so sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. It is not a usual guest experience. I am happy that I was able to compensated you for the troubles you experienced. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to extend our usual hospitality. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 12 days and loved every minute of it! We rented a suite which was perfect for the length of time we were there. The free breakfast was wonderful. The property and room was nice and very clean. The location was perfect, close to Scottsdale. We did not use the van service, but that is a great asset. The pool was nice and we used it daily. Thank you so much to all the employees, who were friendly and helpful. We would stay at this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here. We hope to have you stay with us again when visiting the Tempe area.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place is amazing. Everyone is kind and helpful. They are situated pretty much in the middle of Mill st in Tempe and Old Town in Scottsdale. The FREE shuttle bus makes the entire stay worth it. The breakfast is AMAZING! There are all sorts of areas to hang out outside and just relax. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for the great review! We are always happy to hear from guests, especially when they have enjoyed their stay with us. Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Came with a friend to see Spring Training baseball. Free shuttle took us everywhere - games, airport...Complimentary bkfst very nice, extremely
comfortable beds and very nice folks at the desk. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I am happy we were able to contirbute to your Spring Training trip. It is such a great time of year in the Phoenix area. We love shuttling guests around town to games, dinners and other activities. Hope you return to Tempe for Spring Training next year. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Good location - perhaps a little more than a mile from downtown Tempe and Arizona State. Short trip to the airport also.

Red Lion has a free shuttle to the airport. Don't take an airport shuttle and pay $15 to get to the hotel like I did - call the front desk and have them send their complimentary van over to pick you up. Give the driver $5 tip and call it a win/win across the board.

Most important thing - no issues with cleanliness or noise at all (I was there for five days). Give me that at a reasonable price and I'm happy. Done and done.

Since they had unsold suites, I was upgraded into one of those for free.

Free breakfast from 6 to 10 - a couple of days I ate early and then went back just before 10 and grabbed a couple of muffins to eat a little later on - didn't think of that until near the end of my stay!

To top it off, I had mailed a large (48" by 15" by 15") package to the hotel and it did not arrive before I left town. No problem, Red Lion said they would take it to the Post Office themselves and mail it to me (while charging my credit card). As it turned out, about a week later I had them bring the package to the airport in their van, where I was waiting to fly out of town (after returning from elsewhere in Arizona).

I don't have to wonder where I'll be staying if I find myself in the area again.

Good stuff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our shuttle service and free breakfast. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe
Ramada Tempe/At Arizona Mills Mall
Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport
Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Radisson Hotel Phoenix North
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe? Share your experiences!