“Red Lion is Amazing”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I chose to stay at the Red Lion for Wet Electric and I am very glad about my decision. The hotel is in a great location for a very great price. The rooms were spacious and very clean, huge flat screen tv, free refrigerator, and free wifi. Christian had to come up to ask us to turn the music down and he did so in a very professional manner without making me feel like I was being spoken down to. He made our stay very pleasant by always answering our questions, providing us with great service, and always being very attentive to our needs. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the Tempe and Scottsdale areas for its spacious rooms, free parking, free wifi, free shuttle service, free breakfast, and wonderful staff. Thanks again Red Lion :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for the great review Jan! I am so happy you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. Christian is one of our best and we are lucky to have him on our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this small hotel chain. The room was a small suite with microwave, sink and refrigerator and a separate sleeping area. Everything was super clean. The location was close to airport making our stay a breeze with access in and out. The hotel has its own shuttle that will take you back and forth from the airport and anywhere within a 5 mile radius 24 hours a day. Breakfast is good also. The front desk staff recommended several restaurants with in walking distance that were good and open late with outdoor seating, Phil's in particular was quite good. We were lucky enough to get Diamond tickets and the shuttle took us downtown where we hopped on a train that took us to Chase Field. We rented a really nice car from Rick across the street at Rent-a-vette. He actually suggested we stay there even though we had business in Chandler. We loved it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! Our team works hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us and we are happy to hear when we have succeeded. I hope you stay with us again when visiting the Tempe area.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I just came here for the day, from San Diego, to see the Hamadryas Baboons they have at the zoo here. But I shoulda checked first as baboons exhibit was closed...and I saw this motel, and it seemed like what I was looking for...yeah, there's cheaper, I know that, but this is a really nice place for me, real quiet, and peaceful and not so cheap that parking lot has excess of junkies and lowlifes...

Real nice staff, and parking was right next to my room, tho upstairs I guess is a bit more of a pain...construction next door but I can't hear a thing thru my room, and it's just daytime hours. Anyway, I've been here 3 days, as I'm so comfortable here I've not wanted to leave :)

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs, by parking if being close to your car matters.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always work to ensure guests have a clean and comfortable stay. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I pulled up to check-in and was not liking what I saw...construction barriers and workers to the south and no place to park. I walked into the lobby and told staff I wasn't happy with what I was seeing. They gave me a key to check out a room and if I still wasn't happy, they would cancel my reservation. BTW, I had three rooms reserved. After checking out the room, which required a walk through the property, I was liking the cozy feel of Red Lion. I told them I wanted to check some other places but soon returned as this location was good for our purposes, close to the 202 and Scottsdale Road.

We spent three nights at Red Lion and could not have been more pleased. There was a turf area where my granddaughters could practice with their volleyball. They enjoyed the pool. Two of our rooms were suites. The living area was very adequate but the bedroom was a little tight. Supposed to be two queen beds but seemed more like expanded full size to me. Breakfast was typical hotel fare.

The staff all three days was very courteous, helpful and accomodating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on second floor, near Scottsdale Road, but didn't hear road or construction noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AZ2FL
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We try to minimize the construction noise as much as possible so our guests can have an enjoyable stay. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the common areas of the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

One of the least expensive hotels in the area, but don't let that scare you away! Clean room with crisp sheets on a comfortable bed, lots of great options for breakfast. Front desk person wasn't always around to answer questions during normal business hours, but that was the only negative thing we experienced during our stay. Would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jasper M, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review: I was glad to hear your stay was pleasant. I have spoken to the front desk about their attention to detail when it comes to our guest. We would love to see you in the future.

Jasper

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I used the 30% promotion , so the room rate great! The only thing that turned me off was the bathtub, it was gray on the bottom , not sure if it could be cleaned unless they resurface the tub. Otherwise the room was clean

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Hello gigspa51 first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was glad to see you take advantage of one of our promotions. I was a little remised to here you had problems with our tub. Since your stay I have addressed the "tub problem" with our maintenance director. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. It was a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very convenient to PHX airport, 10 minute drive or use their complimentary van. Many nearby restaurants. Room was clean, well designed and well maintained. Comfortable bed. We stayed in a suite and had a microwave, refrigerator and extra room. Good complimentary breakfast. Reception Staff is helpful. Great value in a pricey city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us again! We are happy to hear you found our hotel clean and convenient. We hope you visit us again soon.