“Consistantly good”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is the third Red Roof I have stayed in in the Phoenix area and once again I have to say they did exactly what they advertised. The rooms are clean the shower is hot, the coffee is there 24 hours a day and the wireless is free and good. I am able to get both work done and good rest even on a ground floor. The folks at the desk are wonderful and make you feel as if it is your home base.They even remember your name ! Although there are no restaurants within walking distance, there is another hotel less than a block away with an excellent bar and restaurant so if you don't feel like driving somewhere there is that option. I am sold on Red Roofs( at least the corporate versions). Excellent value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bjw1953
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I would like to personally thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide dependable service, a clean room, at a reasonable price. We truly appreciate your feedback and the staff is thrilled that you took the time to recognize their efforts in making your staff perfect.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Why would Red Roof spend so much to refurbish their "100% non smoking" hotel and then not enforce the no smoking rule? I called to the desk when the smoke started to build and after checking and not responding again to me, said he couldn't smell anything when I called a second time. Do tell. The smoke was really bad and got much worse. And the wifi was spotty at best, after two calls to the help line. Kept cutting out.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

I would like to apologize for the experience at our inn with other guests not following the non- smoking rule. We do our very best to enforce the rules when we find this occurrence and those guests are evicted from the hotel. Each and every guest put their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding dependable service and we make it our priority to exceed guest expectations and provide a safe and comfortable place to stay. We will look into the problem with the Wi-Fi service with our internet provider and have them look into this. I understand your frustrations as your experience did not meet your expectations and I truly hope that you will give us another try.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Friendly front desk. The room was mostly clean. I did find 2 small hairs in the bathtub. The bed was a bit hard but I slept on it ok. The A/C's need to be upgraded. It was 108 degrees outside and the A/C was having a hard time cooling down the room. The fan was on low the whole time. It would not go on high. I complained to the front desk and he came upstairs and tried to get high fan but could not. He checked 4 other rooms but they were all the same. We left and went to dinner and when we got back it was cooler. But taking several hours to cool down a room is ridiculous. They need to upgrade. We usually don't stay in 2 star hotels but we had my mother-in-law with us and could afford 2 rooms here. There are no restaurants around this hotel. We had to drive a ways to find one. The front desk gave us a list of restaurants with directions which was helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the outstanding dependable service and the reasonable price of the room. I apologize that the location of restaurants in the area were not within walking distance but glad that the listing we provided was most helpful. As for the A/C, we will look into the possibility setting the degrees lower in vacant rooms prior to the arrival of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was hesitant to book a room at the Red Roof Inn based off of past experiences. I was shocked to find such a beautiful hotel under this chain. Located right by the airport in Tempe, the location is ideal. The grounds were beautifully kept, and the parking lot felt secure. It was not on a main road, so it was a quiet stay.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by Nora, who is FABULOUS! She was so kind and welcoming, and reassured us that the location was safe. I had seen her name mentioned on reviews before, and she exceeded expectations. The lobby and rooms were very clean and looked as though they had been updated.

On the room key they offered a 1/2 coupon for Dominos, which after a long day of travel it was awesome to have the food delivered right to our room. In addition, I believe they offer some form of room service, which is also a nice asset.

The hotel is pet friendly, but there were no signs that any pets had been in our rooms before.

This hotel is worth every penny. If you have had bad experiences at Red Roof Inn in the past, put those aside and give this hotel a shot. The customer service alone will have you coming back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex N
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your words of praise. When our guests recognize the employee’s outstanding service (Nora), it makes their day. Our #1 goal is to provide dependable service, a clean place to stay, at a reasonable price.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The front desk staff here would be right at home in any high-end hotel because of their genuine interest in making your stay as enjoyable as can be. Nora inquired about my restaurant preferences as I checked in, then suggested a location that was new to me. It turned out to be just perfect, and her directions were flawless. Being out on the road away from home can be a lot of hassle, but people like Nora and Amanda make a big difference with their warm and personable treatment. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, well worth the modest rates, but it's the personal touch of the staff that earn this hotel its excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

On behalf of our staff, I am delighted to hear your kind words of praise about our property. Nora, Amanda and our entire staff is dedicated to providing friendly and genuine service at a reasonable price. We feel that some of the benefits of our property include our prime location, proximity to the airport and our local restaurants.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I think almost everything has been said here. close to the airport (5 miles) quiet and clean. Helpful and friendly staff.
I they think the only thing I can add to the comments previously mentioned is the following tip. Adjacent to the hotel is the Sheraton hotel which has a full bar and restaurant service. It is in a three minute walking distance.
The menu is" "refined"and on average around $15.00-$20.00.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient to the airport and quiet. Great service depends on the efforts of the staff from housekeeping to the front desk. It is rewarding when our guests recognize their outstanding service and take the time to tell about it.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have just stayed at Red Roof Inn, Phoenix Airport for 3 months. It is a very good hotel for its price. A good value for the money. The most impressive feature is its front desk staff. They provide very good customer service.
Amanda is the standout among all of them. She has a great attitude and knows what customer service really means. Regardless of the situations, she always maintains a nice, helpful and friendly composure. I really appreciate her fantastic service during my long stay there. She is a great asset to Red Roof Inn. In light of how inexpensive the room in this hotel is, her excellent customer service is totally unexpected and should be commended. It even surpasses some of the more expensive 3 or 4-starred hotels that I had stayed before.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your stay. I am glad that Amanda and the other staff members were able to take care of your needs. Our reviews hopefully reflect our commitment to exceed guest expectations and provide a comfortable place to stay while you are our guest.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit with us.