“Great Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Tempe, Arizona
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I just checked out today after a 10 day stay. I had a wonderful time staying here. My room was great and had no problems there.

I would like to single out the staff at property 265. Nora, who works there is fantastic. She really is helpful to guests and knows how to handle their needs. She goes above and beyond for us. She is a fine example of how to work a front desk and I hope Red Roof is able to keep her for a long time.

I feel the same way about Angelique, who like Nora is one of the friendliest front desk people I have ever encountered. She was so helpful in getting the things I needed or help with. And went out of her way to help me in regards to carrying my things so I could leave.

I do apologize for not remembering the other names of the staff I encountered. But they were great as well.

The only improvements this property would need is more internet towers. The internet slows down vastly at night. Which is I assume to more guests staying in at night. Otherwise, the internet does run fast than most Hotels internet a majority of the time. Just needs that extra tower for night time.

And maybe put a laundry room in. I had to take 2 buses to get to a laundry cycle place. It would be easier for me if I could stay where I am at and do the laundry.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic hotel, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Getting two beds is cheaper, but you wont get a refridgerator with it. So keep that in mind.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael N
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your words of praise about Nora & Angelique. It is truly rewarding when our guest recognizes the staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. As for the internet, it has been upgraded last week so there should not be any more issues. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We went to this hotel during October. We checked in smoothly. The front desk attendant was very nice. The elevator makes a terrifying noise when you go up or down. We got into our room. It was nice when compared to the price. We had a view of the pool. However the room we were in had a clogged up bathtub and we called the front to have it snaked or something. The maintenance people came in during the day but the tub was still draining slowly.

The location was close to all of the places we wanted to visit. It was slightly difficult to find the turn for the hotel. One thing that many reviewers didn't mention about the hotel is the breakfast. There is no breakfast. There is ONLY coffee. We stayed for three days and everything went smoothly. The checkout was easy. Clean room, clean bathroom, and comfy rooms for the price. I would still stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olive H
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I would like to personally thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price. I apologize for the problem with the slow drain and appreciate you letting us know. The entire staff enjoys feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Upon my arrival late at night, there was a large hair on the back of the toilet seat. It was still there 4 days later.
There were hairs in the bed sheets, probably from the washing machine. After they changed the sheets, there were other hairs in the sheets, even some eyelashes.
That made me scrutinize the towels which did not smell of bleach. Perhaps the bleach was completely rinsed out of them. I actually feel comfortable if I know the towels & sheets are bleached.
As others mentioned the wireless internet worked slow or actually stopped ("unable to find website Google.com")
These things made it feel sort of like Motel 6.
If the aforementioned things were clean, I would have liked my stay. I really really should have submitted the comment card which had the maid's name written on it. I stayed on the second floor, I think it was room 215.
I guess the room was quiet but I was distracted by the problems above.
I stayed in a Red Roof Inn in San Francisco and it was not like this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank phoenixdude1000
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience at our inn. Each guest puts their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding dependable service and we make it our priority to exceed guest expectations and provide a comfortable place to stay while you are our guest. Our reviews hopefully reflect our commitment to this philosophy. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I live in Tucson and had an early morning flight out of Phoenix Sky Harbor. I found this hotel for $44/night on hotels.com. For that price, I wasn't expecting much. However, the hotel was very clean, quiet, and was only a 5-minute drive from the airport. I will definitely stay here again when I fly out of Phoenix.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bobcat85705
Thank you for your words of praise. It’s truly rewarding when our guests recognizes the staff’s efforts, and takes the time to tell about them. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests on the clean & quiet room they had while visiting us and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 10 October 2013

nice furniture, clean room, and excellent services at a fair price. The room was big compared to other Inns I had stayed at. It is also very close to the airport. About less than 10 minutes drive to Arizona State University.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
On behalf of our, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your review on your recent stay with us. Great service and a clean room is our goal at a reasonable price. The staff is thrilled and looks forward to your next visit.

Thank you again!
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Room was decently clean, bed was comfortable, towels were nasty & left white pieces all over you when you used them. Pool area was nice, pool was great, everything there was clean. Needed internet & it was pretty much non-existant. Front desk said 4 hotels in the area share a connection which impressed me even less. Upon recommendation from the front desk clerk (thank you!!) we took our lap top over to the Sheraton where they have a bar & full restaurant & free great wi-fi. Overall the value was good for the price paid, but they need to invest in new towels & real internet!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jacqjanzen
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value our guest opinion. As for the problems with the internet service, I would like to apologize for the experience and we are currently in the process of upgrading that service.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience.
Azle, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed at this location the last two years, each visit I am there about a week and I will be there again this October. It is a nice place to stay, great value and the staff is great and very helpful. Make sure you stay here when in Tempe!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words of praise. Great service, helpful staff, and a great value are what brings our guests coming back, year after year. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognize the hard work of the entire staff and takes the time to let us know.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.