“Slowest internet speed”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was on a business trip. The internet speed is so slow, I couldn't work at all from my room. Made many phone calls to the support desk without any success. The room itself is fine, clean and quiet. But not being able to do I was there to do drives me crazy.

Room Tip: If you require good internet speed bring your own data card.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I would like to apologize for the experience of internet service during your recent stay. Each and every guest put their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding service and I can assure you that I will be contacting our internet provider to do the same. I understand your frustrations as your experience did not meet your expectations and I truly hope that you will give us another chance.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed one night in march 2014... Had a deluxe king with micro and fridge... Room was clean, and everything was in working order...Tv, although a recently new hd, only received standard def... Otherwise no problems to speak of....Common areas were in good shape, although lots of air freshener on my floor... Usually a sign of people smoking in non-smoking rooms.... For what it is, I would stay there again assuming I got a reasonable rate...

Room Tip: For a little extra, get the micro and fridge, its worth it....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was in town for a golf tournament in Mesa and chose this location, because they are pet friendly! The rooms were very clean and we had a microwave & fridge for our week stay. The weekly rate is very good for the area. Check in was a bit frustrating. Tried to raise rate on me during the weekend, but that is not what I was quoted. I got the rate they had promised. Also, my room did not have the fridge & microwave as requested. I had to sit and wait for so.eone to bring it. The area is excellent to walk your dogs and for once people pick up after thrir dogs. No dog poo on this property, and that was nice to see. Do wish they had garbage cans on side entries!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and clean rooms at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value our guest’s opinion. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The location is very convenient to the airport, with easy access to rental car return for catching early flights. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. HOWEVER...the bathroom was not cleaned with several used washcloths and towels still in it. Also it was a bit noisy (adjacent rooms, ice machine, washing machine). We might give it another chance next time we need to be close to PHX.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport. It is rewarding to hear that the staff was very helpful and the location is what you were looking for. I do apologize for the experience with the bathroom cleanliness. Each and every guest put their trust in us to deliver 100% service and we hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another try.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

In town for a convention and found this location convenient and room price/value much better than others. It is close to the airport and a short drive to the Light Rail stations. Did not require any frill so the hotel was perfect for my needs and budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your words of praise. It is rewarding when our guests take the time to let us know that we were able to provide the perfect location for your traveling plans. Providing outstanding service at a reasonable price is our goal and it is reviews like this that make our day.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Only needed a room for one night. I was very pleasantly surprised at some things here:

- The air conditioner / heater was one of the quietest I've ever experienced (for one of those in-the-window-wall units). These things are usually noisy as all get-out, but this one was very quiet. This is a big plus for me!
- Very much liked the night-light built into the light switch in the bathroom area - that is a great idea that more hotels need to add - who wants to be blasted by a bright light in the middle of the night when going to the bathroom?
- The desk area is quite large (big corner unit), and this is handy when spreading out all your paperwork (like me!).

Other reviewers had mentioned the pillows are very firm. They are, so maybe the hotel staff should think about including both firm and soft pillows. (I thought the pillows were fine.)
First time at a Red Roof Inn, and I was nicely surprised!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qaxalot
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

On behalf of Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I would like to thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide great service, location, and amenities that fit what you are looking for. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I checked in at 3 am and out at 9. The sleep was good and hotel staff friendly. They provide free parking but the nightly rate was a bit on the higher side. The property is near the Sky Harbor airport and check in was very quick.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VinayakKejriwal
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your words of praise. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it’s like yours that makes our day.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit with us.