“Expected Better”

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Citrus Heights, California, Usa
“Expected Better”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed four nights. Overall it wasn't bad but there were a few things I complained about. Door to the bathroom would not close. Apparently there was at one time a leak on the floor above and the bathroom ceiling over the shower was very unappealing as it looked like it was about to fall. Wi-Fi system is very low grade. It was extremely slow but a majority of the time I could not connect to the internet since there was no wi-fi signal in the room. Staff said hotel was sold out and a lot of people are using it and when that happens it's very slow. If it was an up to date system it would be capable of serving all guests. Even between 2 and 3 a.m. I could not get a signal or connect. I've stayed at Red Roof in the past and never encountered a problem so I was surprised I did at this particular location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I would like to apologize for the condition of the bathroom door and can assure you that we have already taken actions to correct the problem. As for the internet service, I am working with our internet provider on the speed of the service. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value your opinion.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Nashville, TN USA
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is really not bad, but it would be easy to be better.
The hotel location is great, but the area is somewhat commercial and you need a car to get to most food options.
The staff was friendly during check in, but indifferent to the guests comments on several topics.
Elevator is almost the slowest thing in the hotel....except for the internet. They were very aware of this but we saw several guests complain about internet with no reaction from staff.
The place was packed and the crowd was mildly rowdy. The hints of the rowdiness were the numerous cases of empty beer bottles by the back door cleared by housekeeping.
Air conditioning worked well.
The bathroom seemed updated.
The TV was new and fine.
A taxi to airport costs $16- It seems this the only area hotel to NOT offer airport shuttle service.
Slow elevator,terrible Internet & no airport shuttle are my memories.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
On behalf of the staff, I am writing to let you know that we appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. A friendly staff and a good location is something that we take pride in. I am very sorry that the elevator seemed to be slow and I will be looking into that with our service contractor.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel was easy to find and in a secure location with a well lit parking lot. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are perhaps a little dated but spotless. We arrived late and just needed a place to crash near the airport until we continued our journey in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Great service depends on the staff members willing to give their very best at all times. I am glad to hear that the location of the inn, well lit parking lot, friendly & helpful staff, and a clean room is just what you were looking for. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to you next visit with us!
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was on a business trip. The internet speed is so slow, I couldn't work at all from my room. Made many phone calls to the support desk without any success. The room itself is fine, clean and quiet. But not being able to do I was there to do drives me crazy.

Room Tip: If you require good internet speed bring your own data card.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I would like to apologize for the experience of internet service during your recent stay. Each and every guest put their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding service and I can assure you that I will be contacting our internet provider to do the same. I understand your frustrations as your experience did not meet your expectations and I truly hope that you will give us another chance.

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed one night in march 2014... Had a deluxe king with micro and fridge... Room was clean, and everything was in working order...Tv, although a recently new hd, only received standard def... Otherwise no problems to speak of....Common areas were in good shape, although lots of air freshener on my floor... Usually a sign of people smoking in non-smoking rooms.... For what it is, I would stay there again assuming I got a reasonable rate...

Room Tip: For a little extra, get the micro and fridge, its worth it....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was in town for a golf tournament in Mesa and chose this location, because they are pet friendly! The rooms were very clean and we had a microwave & fridge for our week stay. The weekly rate is very good for the area. Check in was a bit frustrating. Tried to raise rate on me during the weekend, but that is not what I was quoted. I got the rate they had promised. Also, my room did not have the fridge & microwave as requested. I had to sit and wait for so.eone to bring it. The area is excellent to walk your dogs and for once people pick up after thrir dogs. No dog poo on this property, and that was nice to see. Do wish they had garbage cans on side entries!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and clean rooms at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value our guest’s opinion. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The location is very convenient to the airport, with easy access to rental car return for catching early flights. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. HOWEVER...the bathroom was not cleaned with several used washcloths and towels still in it. Also it was a bit noisy (adjacent rooms, ice machine, washing machine). We might give it another chance next time we need to be close to PHX.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport. It is rewarding to hear that the staff was very helpful and the location is what you were looking for. I do apologize for the experience with the bathroom cleanliness. Each and every guest put their trust in us to deliver 100% service and we hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another try.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.