“Such a pleasant staff”

Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Del Mar, California
“Such a pleasant staff”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is very convenient to many venues in the Tempe area plus easy drive to the Phoenix International Airport. The room we stayed in was very clean, very well appointed and quiet.

You can't believe how wonderful the staff was. The breakfast lady even baked some fresh cookies for my grandson (who kept bugging her everyday for extra cookies :-). We will be back.

Room Tip: High floor has views of Papago Park.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Shirley,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank your for telling us about the staff member that baked extra cookies for your grandson. We are so happy to help. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport at Tempe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The bed was comfortable, the room had a small microwave and fridge (both useful), and breakfast was adequate; the two computers in the lobby for guests' use are also convenient. Be advised that this hotel is in the flight path for Phoenix Sky Harbor, but the flights do stop overnight (roughly 10 or 10:30 pm to 6 or 6:30 am). If you have small children, note that the so-called "gentlemen's club" across the way has a sign advertising that their hostesses/dancers are nude. If you're looking for a restaurant within walking distance, I don't think there is one, except for a Jack-in-the-Box.

When I checked in the night of 2/4, I noticed that neither the television nor telephone in the living area worked. OK, that happens. I went down to the front desk and asked the clerk to have maintenance look at it the next day. On 2/5, I happened to be in the room at about noon. I didn't expect maintenance to have checked this situation yet, but I went down to the front desk to make sure my room was on the maintenance list for the day. It was. Unfortunately, maintenance never checked out anything. I have to commend Ike; when I went down to the desk yet again at about 6:30 pm on 2/5, he took a look at maintenance records for the day, found out that maintenance had not been in my room, and came up himself to see what he could do (he fixed the phone but not the television).

I was not impressed with the service here, though the staffers were always polite. Next time I'm in the Shy Harbor area, I'll look for another place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VoixDuChocolat
ManagementTeamGMCIS, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed the situation with our maintenance department to make sure we are providing a quality product and meeting our guests expectations. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2014

After reading the reviews we decided to stay here and leave our car while we flew to Hawaii. I agree with the other reviews that the rooms are nice for the price but was surprised at how much noise there was. Between the busy Scottsdale Blvd and the planes coming into the airport we had to turn on the AC to be able to sleep. Also there is a "gentleman's club" directly across the street that did not make my wife feel comfortable with people on the street waving "nude women" signs.

We stayed so we could leave our car and use their shuttle to the airport. When we arrived we were told that the shuttle ran every 30 minutes and signed up for the 6:30 AM shuttle. When we arrived at the front desk for breakfast (which was very good by the way) we were told that the shuttle didn't run until 7 AM. After complaining that the lady who checked us in has assured us we could get the 6:30 AM shuttle, and our names were in their shuttle book, they finally called us taxi cabs and picked up the fare. At the time I asked how late the shuttle ran and was told until 11 PM - "just call when you get in". We arrived at the airport at 10 PM, called, and were told that the shuttle wasn't running - but again they paid for the taxi fare back to the hotel. It was just uncomfortable that what we were told wasn't what happened.

Room Tip: Stay away from the top floor and as far away from Scottsdale Blvd as possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for all of your comments and concerns. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the shuttle service. We are very sorry if you were inconvenienced at all by this. We will look into this issue. We use guests feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A little back story and the nightmare first. Back in September, I booked a room at the nearby Rodeway Inn for my daughter's graduation from ASU. I was satisfied with the price and was looking forward to this exciting celebration. We arrived on December 15th, found the hotel, paid, got our key and was looking forward to a good night sleep. My son, my daughter and I were staying at the hotel. When I opened the door, I immediately knew something was wrong. The carpet was dirty and there was a bad smell. We put our bags down and I went to sit on the bed and there was a disgusting, white crusty stain on the comforter. I opened the bed to see the same type of stains. I looked in the bathroom and there in all of his six-legged glory, was a cockroach scurrying around the tub. We took pictures of everything and I went to talk to the manager to get my money back. She told me that I was wrong, and that the room was clean. She told me that she had even inspected it herself. I showed her the pictures and she angrily and reluctantly refunded my money. In the meantime my daughter called COUNTRY INN and SUITES and talked to a wonderful young man named Reggie. We were so concerned because of the holidays and the graduation that there would be no rooms available. Reggie was so kind, helpful, and understanding on the phone. He said that he had a room for us and we were thrilled. The minute we walked in the lobby, it felt like home. All of the frustration and worry melted away and Reggie's big smile and warm greeting made everything better. He told me the cost per night and believe it or not, it was less than the other place and it had a breakfast every morning, which was wonderful, by the way. He said if we needed anything to just let them know. I just can't say enough about him. He turned a horrible situation into a blessing. Then when we got to the room, we were thrilled! It was spotless, smelled nice, and was cozy. It was a beautiful room, the beds were comfy, and it was clean, clean, clean. Everyone was so friendly and nice. We saw Reggie a few more times and every time he would say hi and ask how everything was. As we were leaving we said that this would now be the place we would always stay in Tempe. I just want to thank the whole staff at the Country Inn and Suites for turning our nightmare into a dream and for being part of making this very special time for my family a wonderful experience. We will be back. It looks like my son will be going to ASU next! Thank so much, from the bottom of my heart. Tell Reggie hi for us!!! He is a valuable employee and a definite asset to your company!

1 Thank Tracy L
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your review about the hotel. We are so very thankful that you stayed with us. We are so glad that we turned your experience in Tempe to a good one. We are always here for your hotel accommodations. We will pass your great words about Reggie on to him. Thank you so much for your time. We look forward to your future visits to the hotel.

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here in early December as we awaited the adoption of our daughter. While all the staff were nice, I'd especially like to call out MaryAnn. What an asset to this hotel. She is the lady in charge of the breakfast area and supervises the housekeeping staff as well. She engaged us in conversation during breakfast and left the nicest note in our room as she observed all the baby gear as we waited for our birthmother. MaryAnn is a model that others should copy! In addition to MaryAnn, we also had good tips from the staff on nearby restaurants as well as advice to avoid crowds during the ASU games. In addition to the staff, this hotel is minutes from the airport, so very convenient! The only negatives would be the road noise and airport noise--not much one can do if you want convenience!! I would definitely recommend staying here!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear mrmikemtr,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during this very special time in your life. We will pass this great feedback on to MaryAnn. She will be pleased to hear such great comments about her service. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you and your family will stay with us again in the future.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here because we had a very early flight out of the Phoenix airport. We were very pleased with the accommodation although, having never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, we were a little concern with the accommodations when booking. Staff was very pleasant and helpful, room clean, comfortable, and quite. Because we had to leave before 6 AM, we did not experience their breakfast. The inn offers a free shuttle to the airport about a 5 minute ride. Location, as mentioned is close to the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and also Arizona State University in Tempe. All of this at a great value

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank photoworld
Dear photoworld,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive to provide a great place to stay for everyone. We are very sorry that you did not get to enjoy our breakfast option but hope that if you visit again that you will be able to. We will pass your great feedback on to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

El Segundo, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have been staying at this Country Inn and Suites for many years when we go to the Tempe area. We love it here! We are recognized by the staff when we arrive and treated like family! The rooms are recently remodeled and are very nice. We always look forward to the breakfast after our morning walk around Tempe Town Lake. We would never stay anywhere else! It is truly like our home away from home!

Dear Grandma21_12,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We look forward to your return visits. We are honored that you call us your Home Away From Home!!! We are so glad that you continue to stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. Thank you for your time. We can't wait to see you during your next visit!!

Country Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport at Tempe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe
Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore
Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!