“Definitely off the beaten track...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn at ASU-Airport

Quality Inn at ASU-Airport
Ranked #38 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Lihue, Hawaii
“Definitely off the beaten track...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

This was my worst nightmare of a hotel stay. I arrived just after midnight, called for the "24 hour" "free" shuttle and was told I should have called ahead. I did. In fact, I called ahead TWICE to be sure I could, indeed, get a shuttle at midnight. The desk clerk told me I should have asked the person I spoke with to "write it down." Who knew Arizona was such an inhospitable place?! I had two options: wait on hour for a possible shuttle or go get a rental car. I got the rental car.
The area is not inviting. There were drunks in the parking lot. The desk clerk was on break when I arrived. The room was small. The view was ... well, there is a power plant of some sort across the street. I have allergies and the a/c was so dusty the room was not pleasant for me. The coffeemaker was dirty so when I brewed some tea there were chunks of unknown matter in it.
There is a small pool and the breakfast includes eggs and sausage. I would not suggest this location. There's a La Quinta near the airport that's far more friendly. I cancelled a second reservation, but stayed at a different QI property.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank WanderingRosie
Quality-Inn-ASU, Owner at Quality Inn at ASU-Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Ms. Rosie,
I am concerned that your recent stay with us was not satisfactory.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured, your concerns are looked into and all remedies are being made. I take pride in my hotel,and do my best to prevent problems from recurring.Therefor, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us during your next visit to this area.
Your reviews help us better ourselves. Call me on 480-774-2500 to reserve your next stay with us at HALF price, we really value your opinion.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.
I look forward to your next stay with us.
Thanking You
Manager
Quality Inn at ASU

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

My queen bed room was a bit small, but adequate for a solo traveler. The window seat was a nice touch. I was on the second floor facing the street, but there wasn't much street noise. The free breakfast was nice, with enough choices. True, there isn't a large breakfast area in the lobby, but I preferred to eat in my room anyway. The staff is friendly enough, and my room was sufficiently cleaned daily. The free shuttle to/from PHX airport was appreciated.
I was in town for Spring Training, and while I was able to get around okay to Scottsdale, Mesa and Tempe Diablo Stadium on public transportation, it wasn't the most efficient way to get places. If I choose to stay here next year, I will definitely have to rent a car. The neighborhood is mostly quiet, with many apt complexes for students of nearby ASU. Without a car, there are few restaurant choices within a 10 minute walk, and no stores or conveniences. As a solo female traveler, I did walk half a mile from a bus stop at night with no worries or problems, several times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank elladizzle
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

This was a very nice hotel for the price, location was close to everything. Windows open so you can let the beautiful March Arizona weather in and sunsets from the third floor windows were spectacular! I would defintetly stay again. Breakfast was also outstanding, with lots of choices.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosey6676
los angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

I liked a few things about this hotel. It seemed clean and fresh like it hadn't been there a while. The rooms were a little on the small side. I liked the pool it was cute and got good sunlight. The breakfast area is a minus. The food is kept in a room the size of a large closet and you only have until 9 am to eat which means that tiny room is packed with people from 8:30 to 9. If there's any place that should extend the breakfast hours it's this place. A lot of quality inns and comfort inns have breakfast hours up to 9:30 and 10:00. I've seen them all over the country. Oh also there are very few tables to eat at right there in front of the lobby front desk, kinda awkward. The front desk was very nice though.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank HandsumMuscle
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

We came in town for a wedding and this was booked for us. At first, we were really unsure about it, but it turned out to be a nice clean motel. The staff was polite and courteous, and we appreciated the airport shuttle. The bed and linens were nice and clean, there was plenty of hot water, and the room was very quiet. We ended up staying for 5 nights, and the breakfast was sufficient each day. There is a great area of restaurants and shops called Mill Ave which is about 2 miles away.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrs_wright07
Hillsdale, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here for only one night, arriving late in the afternoon from Organ Pipes Natl Monument, and headed for Sedona. It is close to ASU, but in an area about 3/4 mile to the east, and there did not seem to be much in the way of stores or businesses in the immediate vicinity. The street it is on is a main East-West thoroughfare, but we heard very little noise in our room which looked out on it. The building was well maintained, and the desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was on the small side, but the king size bed was comfortable, and the quarters were clean. Breakfast was in the lobby in a small kitchen nook, and consisted of the usual cereals, toast, pastries, juices, coffee, and waffles.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quality-Inn-ASU, Owner at Quality Inn at ASU-Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
All of us at Quality Inn ASU are delighed to recieve your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit to Tempe.
Danville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

I'm not quite sure how to review this hotel to be honest with you so I'll just state the facts and leave my opinion out as much as I can. The gentleman, who I am assuming was the owner, greeted us at the front desk and was very friendly and welcoming. He asked if we were ok with a ground floor room and when I asked for something higher he happily obliged. The room was clean and comfortable but it was more like a well maintained Motel 6. I guess I was expecting more but really shouldn't complain since it was clean and comfortable. There was a modest but free breakfast in the lobby which you really can't beat. My only true complaint was the internet. They offer it but don't plan on it be usable, it's like dial-up when, and if, it works. The same gentleman at the front desk told me that's just the way it is on that side of town, saying something about many blocks of residences sharing the same bandwidth. I also chose this hotel because of it's perceived proximity to ASU's Student Services building (my fault not theirs). It was too far to walk so we ended up driving and looking for visitor parking. If I was planning to drive I would have included a lot more hotels in my search.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Morris S
I am sincerely sorry for the slow Internet speed during your stay here, please be assured that the situation is remedied by installing a new T1 line and we have much better service from our Internet providers.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.
Please contact me for your future trips to Tempe.