“Perfect location friendly staff”

Quality Inn at ASU-Airport
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Anaheim, CA
“Perfect location friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had 3 rooms booked for Spring Training. Good location for all that we wanted to do on a 4 day weekend. Friendly staff, quick check-in and very accomodating. Clean and quiet. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ladybeeg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The staff was so nice. They picked me up from the airport at 11pm. They made me feel at home. The rooms were OK. Mine kind of smelled like it used to be a smoking room but the bed linens were clean and it was nice to have a little kitchen with fridge, microwave and sink. About 15 to 20 minute walk to campus. Right next to Phoenix Rock Gym. Breakfast included eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, etc. but no fruit or bagels.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank caw8585
Helena, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed here with my wife during the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Tempe. It is very close to Arizona State University and not far from the airport. This is a good hotel if you need bare-bones, inexpensive accommodations near ASU.

The problem is that my room was stuffy and smelled as if someone had been smoking in it, although it was a non-smoking room. Also, the walls are paper thin and my wife and I were awaken at 2:30 a.m. by a couple in the room upstairs from ours, who were moaning, groaning and squealing as their bed sounded like it was going to come crashing through the ceiling and land in our room. Also, because our room was near the exit to the hotel, we heard people coming in and out of the hotel all night. And, it was not that we heard voices, but it was that the pressure from the exterior door openning seemed to vibrate the door to our room causing quite a bit of sound.

There were also small things that were a little tough to take such as the toilet paper feeling like sand paper and the towels feeling extremely scratchy. In other words, this is just a low budget hotel. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, you just need to know what you are getting if you stay there.

I will say that the staff was very nice and helpful. When we reported that the room smelled like smoke, the manager came down and sprayed an air freshener to help with the smell. Also, although there is not a business center or public computer room, the staff allowed me to use the office computer to print out my boarding pass.

Room Tip: Stay in a room upstairs so you will not have to hear someone upstairs having sex and will not have t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JollyHenceforth
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2011

By far the best customer service of any Hotel I have ever been to. The rooms were clean and comfortable the Free breakfast was fresh and hot everyday. Shuttle to and from the airport and rental car company, Had several conversations with the owner Vijay, his brother Bob and his son R.J. Outstanding people with a genuine customer service attitude. I will never stay anywhere except here when in the Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa areas. I have never felt more comfortable or welcome at any Hotel including those that are 3 and 4 times the price.

Room Tip: Definitely speak to Bob or Vijay about local things to see or do or the best places to eat or order...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill V
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This was my worst nightmare of a hotel stay. I arrived just after midnight, called for the "24 hour" "free" shuttle and was told I should have called ahead. I did. In fact, I called ahead TWICE to be sure I could, indeed, get a shuttle at midnight. The desk clerk told me I should have asked the person I spoke with to "write it down." Who knew Arizona was such an inhospitable place?! I had two options: wait on hour for a possible shuttle or go get a rental car. I got the rental car.
The area is not inviting. There were drunks in the parking lot. The desk clerk was on break when I arrived. The room was small. The view was ... well, there is a power plant of some sort across the street. I have allergies and the a/c was so dusty the room was not pleasant for me. The coffeemaker was dirty so when I brewed some tea there were chunks of unknown matter in it.
There is a small pool and the breakfast includes eggs and sausage. I would not suggest this location. There's a La Quinta near the airport that's far more friendly. I cancelled a second reservation, but stayed at a different QI property.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank WanderingRosie
Quality-Inn-ASU, Owner at Quality Inn at ASU-Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Ms. Rosie,
I am concerned that your recent stay with us was not satisfactory.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Please be assured, your concerns are looked into and all remedies are being made. I take pride in my hotel,and do my best to prevent problems from recurring.Therefor, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us during your next visit to this area.
Your reviews help us better ourselves. Call me on 480-774-2500 to reserve your next stay with us at HALF price, we really value your opinion.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.
I look forward to your next stay with us.
Thanking You
Vijay Patel
Manager
Quality Inn at ASU
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My queen bed room was a bit small, but adequate for a solo traveler. The window seat was a nice touch. I was on the second floor facing the street, but there wasn't much street noise. The free breakfast was nice, with enough choices. True, there isn't a large breakfast area in the lobby, but I preferred to eat in my room anyway. The staff is friendly enough, and my room was sufficiently cleaned daily. The free shuttle to/from PHX airport was appreciated.
I was in town for Spring Training, and while I was able to get around okay to Scottsdale, Mesa and Tempe Diablo Stadium on public transportation, it wasn't the most efficient way to get places. If I choose to stay here next year, I will definitely have to rent a car. The neighborhood is mostly quiet, with many apt complexes for students of nearby ASU. Without a car, there are few restaurant choices within a 10 minute walk, and no stores or conveniences. As a solo female traveler, I did walk half a mile from a bus stop at night with no worries or problems, several times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank elladizzle
Ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This was a very nice hotel for the price, location was close to everything. Windows open so you can let the beautiful March Arizona weather in and sunsets from the third floor windows were spectacular! I would defintetly stay again. Breakfast was also outstanding, with lots of choices.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple