Studio 6 Phoenix - Tempe
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Motel 6 Tempe ASU(Tempe)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$53
  • Pool
US$80
US$78
Best Western Inn Of Tempe(Tempe)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$147
US$133
Hotels.com
All reviewscrock potan extended staysmall poolstove toproom was cleanhome away from homeplace to stayspring trainingstudio6refrigeratorbaselinephoenixfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I booked a room thinking that Studio 6 would be a step above the average Motel 6. Wow! Was I ever wrong. The carpet was filthy, the property dirty, toys and trash on the stairs. The clerk at the desk seemed to be clueless to the issues at the property and clearly, there was no one around to walk the property or insure cleanliness.

I made the decision to pay cash rather than charge the room to my card. The staff required that I put up a deposit, however, failed to mention that they don't open their office until 12 noon on Sunday. I had to leave before noon, called the after hours line and was told that I would need to wait until noon or have the deposit mailed to me.

I left a message for the manager at check out and two more messages after that. No return call. I later talked to another manager of some kind who promised that my deposit would be sent to me immediately. It has been more than three weeks and I have yet to recieve my deposit.

My advise to you is avoid the Studio 6 and go straight to Motel 6, save yourself the trouble.

Room Tip: Drive on by
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 15 October 2011

They try quite hard to do a good job here. I'm two weeks in to a one month stay and have stayed here before so I was prepared. Beds are comfortable but not the pillows and bed linens and cover. I brought my own pillows, comforter and sheets towels, T.P. and soap. Made a huge difference in comfort factor.
The place is adequately clean but not at all spotless. Marks on walls, refrigerator and dirt on top of refrigerator. Grounds are fenced and parking relatively secure and very convenient. Housekeeping is conscientious, although it's only once a week, unless requested.
Air conditioning works fine. T.V. cable coverage is only about 8 channels.
The absolute worst is the poor WIFI access. It's an additional 5 dollars a week but badly needs upgrading. This would be a deal breaker for me next time. The signal, though strong, is totally inadequate. Will not stream video AT ALL and will barely stream Internet radio. My 3G service is far faster when WIFI should be double the speed of 3G.
Small pool was closed off and dirty.

Facility needs some funds pumped in, to bring it up to snuff.
Other than that----- place is just what I needed. Room lighting is Good with 4 lamps and an overhead light.

Room Tip: Ask about larger room available with sofa and more space. An extra 50 dollars a week and they only have two. Otherwise rooms are small. Probably 300 square feet with kitchenette. Large refrigerator, pots and pans, basic dishes.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bosworth_10
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I was very happy with my 3 day stay there. The room was clean, good size and quiet. The ac unit worked beautiful, the bed very comfortable and the Pillows were fabulous. Wifi worked great, tv was big enough. I felt safe staying there, it was quiet and off the main road but easy access to freeway and baseline road. I will stay there again next time I go to Phoenix. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly. They have a nice bbq area with picnic tables in case you want to bbq. Nice trees and grassy area behind the motel. They allow pets so it may be a nice area for them. I would recommend this location to everyone. I am so glad for these trip reviews because it helped me make a great choice for my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We have stayed at this Studio 6 3 times while in The Phoenix area to attend Spring Training games. It is a good value with the rooms a little more than 40 bucks a night. Nothing in the area beats that value as far as I have been able to find out. I like the kitchenette lay out of the rooms. the size seems adequate for a short stay. Realize the housekeeping is weekly with the same for fresh linen. I have found the desk staff to be friendly, but not particulary responsive. The housekeeping staff was better this year. The Parking is easy, either right outside your door or one flight of stairs down from the room. The major complaint I have is the poor internet at this place, out of our 13 day stay this year, I would estimate we have internet connection about half the time. You pay extra for internet here, and we did get a refund (no questions asked) , but it was very frustrating and inconveinent.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redriders2
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Not a bad location, Right off a major street (baseline) and literally 2 minute drive to a great mall (Arizona Mills). The room was not super clean, but not filthy either. For the price I got $40/night, it was what I expected. We stayed 12 days/nights so the value was amazing. Only real complaint we had was that housekeeping was fairly inconsistent. We took a day and a half trip to the grand canyon, and after our arrival back, the room was not cleaned @ all. for the value, not a bad place for an extended stay (hence the name). would i stay there again? sure. would i rather try to get a nicer room for a bit more money? of course. 3/5 overall.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple