See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The police visited almost every day due to the shady characters. The staff was EXTREMELY rude, insulting, and threatening to me when there was a mistake about my reservation. Even after discovering their mistake, I didn't get an apology for the hostility and threats to call the police and have me put on the street. It was beyond horrible.

Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank nosdollgic
Reviewed 14 June 2011

First time ever I have had what I would call a below average room. Drapes had burn holes as well as the bedspread. Bathroom flooring was missing in one place and the molding sure needed an upgrade. The ac had no vent on it and it blew directly onto my head no matter how I lay. The first room I was sent to was wide open with towels on the floor and no sheets.
HOWEVER, the front desk lady was so embarrassed and walked me through several choices, door to door, in order to make sure I had a clean room. Unfortunately, the room was not very good.
As always, super staff and this is a wonderful location. Drive down Mill Ave to the lite rail stop and enjoy the whole city for $3.50 all day. All around the motel are fast foods, a great bar and grill across the street, and the Tailgater Bar and Grill a couple blocks down. Gas station right next door, too.

Nice area out front for walking the dog and sitting in the grass. Will return to give it another try.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 29 March 2011

First and foremost, front desk staff and housekeeping staff were very kind and courteous. We checked in and were assigned room 122 which had holes in curtains, marks on walls, water damage/patches in the bathroom, didn't smell clean, A/C unit was a little beat up, and HUGE gaps around the door which let in sunlight, cigarette smoke, and the music blaring from the gigantic gas station next door, 24 hours a day. Plus, those gaps plus the holes in the curtains and noise made us feel quite insecure there. Also no WIFI in Room 122 (Only certain rooms are wifi-accessible). We were sold wifi cards even though the room they gave us didn't have wifi. We were eventually moved to another room after one horrible night of our three-night stay, to a 2nd floor room which had few if any problems. Basic and clean, WiFi worked in the second room. Beds are old and not too comfy. Not bad if you just need a bed at night, but not too great for hanging out/lounging around on the in-between times. Probably a great value during spring training or fiesta bowl when the whole town's sold out. They take pets, which can be a plus. Just make sure you ask for and get there early enough to get a 2nd floor room, facing the Arby's (not the gas station) and give yourself enough time to inspect the room and move if it's not up to your standards. Late night parking was a hassle, the lot filled up and we had to park next door in the Arby's lot.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank RosieBOkc
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I stayed here in 1996 and again in 2009. It was nice and tidy in '96, and in '09 there were lots of upgrades. The laminated flooring is a real plus and they improved on the shower. The original water flow restrictor was very stingy, but in '09 it was much better. Very quite motel for a "party" college town. Not too large, with parking directly in front of the room. Staff was very congenial. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Absolutely one of the top places I have ever stayed. Clean, renovated, and a friendly staff down to a call to the room five minutes after checkout seeing that all was well. Plus a good internet signal work the addicted user. Not a single drawback.

Date of stay: September 2010