See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2015

"You get what you pay" Thats the saying but Ipaid for 7 nights and got only one night... I even showed them my paper showing 7 nights. Booked though cheap tickets, then came back the next day only to find all my stuff was gone.... I even told house keeping that i didn't need my room clean. They still went in and cleaned it. Toke me 2 hr just to get my stuff back... very bad service, room was decent. very shady stuff going on here....

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Justword
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Let me say first that we have always stayed in Motel 6, when one was available. We don't want to pay for a coffeemaker, shampoo, "free" breakfast and all the other fluff that other hotels offer, and our two well-behaved dogs have always been welcome. Yes, the walls are thin and depending on your neighbors, the night can be noisy. That was not the case though and we felt very safe. We also liked the that the receptionist called us after about 1 hour to check whether we needed anything else. The beds were very soft but okay, I did not see bedbugs.

But... here are the negatives. Apparently the motel was renovated maybe a year or two back. It's got laminate flooring, the new design bedspreads, but still the old design bed frames. But despite the short time the remodeled room was in use, the laminate had swelled up in all the joints, which made the plastic come off and the joints stick up. The bathroom floor, also laminate, was so swelled up that the door stuck severely. There were cigarette burns and tears in the bedspreads. The sheets smelled of cigarette smoke. The headboard on one of the beds was missing/sitting behind the bed, the wall behind the bed looked accordingly. The tiny TV was snowy and cut out. Bathtub/shower had cigarette burns. The bathroom door had massive water damage, about 50% of the paint was peeled off. A spider ran across the floor (to entertain our dogs, I guess) and there was trash from a previous hotel guest in the bathroom. What turned me off most was the film on the floor, presumably from an inappropriate detergent and dirt, you could actually see it, so I never took my shoes off until going to bed. We did not have many towels but got by just fine. Got free Wifi (because we are AARP members) but the Wifi was extremely slow. I checked the bandwidth and it was 0.1 Gbps, even though we got the "fast" Wifi (which normally costs $4.99).

I am cheap and would probably continue to go to Motel 6, I have stayed/lived in worse places in my life. But this motel needs a major remodel (again?) and the maids need training in how to clean a laminate floor (sweep the dirt out first (!) and then use less water, and the right detergent) and need to be told how many towels to leave. My husband says that's it, he's not going to stay in a Motel 6 again, ever.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quieter - 1st floor you hear every step of the person above, with the loud laminate flooring.
Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guest_0403
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The staff is professional and courteous, helpful for finding locale locations needed to visit. Save your money to spend out on your dining, and shopping adventures all your basics are covered, bathroom and bed. Close driving to many restaurants off main street of Broadway, only ding so far cigarette smell upon arriving, but not overwhelming.

Room Tip: stayed on east side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roddy W
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I started by calling this "European Minimalist", but eventually the list of negatives grew so long, it would have been a slap in the face to all of Europe. 1. Full size blanket on queen bed; 2. Bed almost as hard as the floor; 3. Sun-rotted drapes and gaps around door allowed enough light for me to read with all lights off; 4. One washcloth in the room (2 adults, 3 nights); 5. Water pressure was PAINFUL. Maybe it beat the dirt off so I wouldn't need a washcloth? 6. Stained towel; 7. "sitting area" in the room required that we bring our own chairs; 8. Cigarette burns in the worn bedspread; 9. Room repairs were purely functional (who cares if it looked good?); 10. One call to the front desk--they never answered. If not for a Nascar event jacking up prices in Phoenix, we would have stayed someplace better. Hope to never return to this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beckyaz96
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is the motel that has made me decide to NEVER use Motel 6 again. Where do I begin...was it the police cars in the parking lot? Or maybe the roach crawling across the ceiling? OK, I could forgive that, it is Phoenix after all. But come on Motel 6, the cigarette burns all over the beds and curtains? Sick. The walls were sticky, I shudder just thinking about it. This place is just sketchy and gross...you can find better.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends