“Dennys”

Denny's
Ranked #257 of 787 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Good value for the money. Close to the hotel and was open on Christmas holiday when nothing else was open.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stopped here and had friendly service but it was quite slow and I had to request a check then stand in line to wait for someone to come to the counter to take my payment. The food was predictable but average. The coffee was also average but the waitress was happy to keep my cup full.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Knowing Denny's service isn't anything to hype over, we went there anyways. We didn't have much for breakfast options besides the Buttes restaurant at the Marriott we were staying in. They seem to run heat when it's over 100 out. Even the servers were complaining. The food was ok. Like I said, it's a Denny's and you shouldn't expect much at all.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We liked the Southwest variations that they offered.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Denny's in the US is a lot like Little Chef in the UK. Standards have declined but you know what you're going to get and it is cooked to order. I always feel a little sorry for the (probably) minimum wage staff but they make a great effort as far as customer service. As in most places in the US portion sizes are ridiculously large and wastage or doggy bagging seems to be mandatory. You are unlikely to need to add sugar or salt to anything. We enjoyed our breakfasts especially as an alternative to the overpriced hotel.