“WIFI is crummy”

Apache Palms RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tempe
Apache Palms RV Park
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We come to the Phoenix area every March to watch Spring training baseball. We decided to try this RV because it is closer to the many baseball stadiums in the area than the RV park we have been using for years. Our visit started off badly when, upon arrival, I entered the office, gave my name and said we had a reservation. The owner/manager looked at me dead pan and said: "Are you SURE?". It was a lame joke, but after a hard day's drive, I was in no mood for bad jokes. After being assigned a space, I found that I could not access the WIFI due to low signal strength from their modem. I asked the same owner/manager to relocate us to a space closer to their modem because my wife's business requires frequent emailing. She refused to relocate us even though there were at least two empty spaces within about 100 feet of the office. I ended up carrying our laptop, every day, to a picnic table at one of the aforementioned empty spaces to access our emails.
Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Tom G

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a pleasant park in a great location. True, nearby is a not very nice-looking area, but the park is not in the crummy area. It is close to any number of good places to visit. Tempe Marketplace is quite close and if you want to attend a Phoenix Suns game, this is a great location. I made reservations for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend and found the manager very pleasant to deal with; when I called a week later to change the reservation to 4 nights, she was very helpful. I would not call this a resort, but if you want to be in the Phoenix area and close-in, this is an excellent choice. Understand this is in the city, so you will hear city sounds, like sirens and some traffic. I am very sensitive to traffic noise and did not find this annoying; I think you have to expect sirens when you are in the city. RV spaces are fairly close together, but our neighbors were very nice. We will definitely stay here again when we are in Phoenix to visit family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family