“Worst restaurant I have ever been too!”
Review of 5 & Diner - CLOSED

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We made the mistake of visiting 5 & Diner yesterday and have to say it was the worst place we have ever experienced. The waitress (who, surprisingly, ended up being the manager) was very incompetent. She took 25 minutes to come take our order, took several attempts to get the 5 waters we ordered, and she didn't bring all of the food orders out at the same time (15 minutes between). When she did bring the food it was wrong. She served my daughter a hamburger (she ordered medium well) that was dripping blood and blamed my daughter for it!!?? She filled a water and when she served it she knocked it out of my other daughter's hand and didn't say sorry and even denied that she had done that. Water went all over the food, a phone, and all over me and my purse. The waitress ran away! Didn't help clean it up! She then started clearing plates before we were done eating! Probably a good thing because the food was not good. Not once did she apologize for anything. The other waiter came over to apologize for her incompetence. Very bizarre experience and I want to let everyone know not to waste one cent in there or waste one second of their time at that awful establishment!

There are newer reviews for 5 & Diner

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We had two meals at this diner as it was just down the street from our hotel. Dinner was average, but breakfast was outstanding. The diner is decorate in a 1950's theme. The staff at the diner was very friendly.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I were staying in the area and asked the front desk at the hotel if this restaurant was any good. The lady said it was her favorite restaurant. The restaurant is modeled after a diner from the 1950's. Service was good and the portions were large. If you go to this restaurant, I recommend the hamburgers. They are delicious and quite huge.

Reviewed 17 November 2010

Been to lots of diners on the east coast, but this was very nice, the food was good, served hot, clean, a bit pricy but worth it if the food is good.

Reviewed 5 November 2006

We stayed at the Residence Inn Tempe several times. 5 & diner is across priest drive from the hotel. When we spend our days at the pool we get lunch take outs from there. We have also eaten there breakfast (very hearty) and lunch. The food is always hot and good. it is a 50's style diner. Service is friendly and efficient. Price is good less than $7 for lunch (a hearty lunch). portions are good. going to tempe next march staying at a different hotel but will eat here again. Very family friendly.