“Extremely Bad Service”
Review of Steakies - CLOSED

Steakies
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Worst service I have experienced in years of dining out. People working here don't even know their own menu even though it's posted on the wall. I tried to order an Italian Sausage sandwich, but the women at the counter were very confused and acted like they never heard of such a thing! I had to point it out on the menu, but that didn't work. When my sandwich was brought to the table, it didn't look like what I ordered, but I took a bite and found it to be a sliced pork sandwich. When I told the server that it was the wrong sandwich, she asked if I wanted to send it back, but never offered any apology even though she was the one that took my order.
I was so disgusted that I walked out. I will never go back, but I can't imagine they will be open very long with such poor service.
I was there at lunchtime and there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. Apparently word is getting out about how bad this place is. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid this "restaurant".

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The food was good for the price, limited beer selection but cheap. I would come here to order take out, but wouldn't eat in the restaurant. There are many restaurants in the area to compete with. Not sure if they will be able to stay in business.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Good Philly Type Subs, Counter Service, Nice Pub area,. Subs were o,k, but not quite Philly. Nice
place in a corner location of a strip mall. Toppings served on the side, by request Place is very clean.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Wanting something different for lunch, my wife and I tried Steakies. There are quite a few choices on the menu and some different options for each item, the order-taker patiently explained the different items.

I got the Philly w/ Cheese & fried onions on the Italian hoagie roll. My wife got the same but on the round roll. I wished I had gotten the round roll- that thing was HUGE! It is round loaf, cut in half and hollowed out like a pita pocket. The Italian hoagie roll was fresh and tasted great too. I would have really enjoyed a cup of 'au jus' for dipping.

Each sandwich came w/ 8 oz of meat (1/2 lb!). You can add fries and a drink for $3 extra. They had 2 lunch specials but neither seemed appealing to us. The manager was very helpful during ordering and came by to check on us a couple times while we ate.

We spent $25 for lunch for two (not including tip). I was very disappointed with that. I recommend more lunch specials and/or smaller lunch portions.