“Good location.”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Orpington England
“Good location.”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Stayed here as part of a package to visit the NASCAR race. Good location and very helpful friendly staff. They offered a free transfer service from the airport, and you take advantage of this facility by using a phone in the terminal. Unfortunately this particular Embassy Suites was not listed. We contacted another that was listed, and they transferred the call. They did not have their own vehicle available for some reason, but said they would arrange for a car to collect us. The luxury car arrived as promised, and took us to the hotel. Our room was well equipped and very comfortable.
Public areas were well presented, and complimentary drinks and snacks were served in the bar early evening. Breakfast was excellent, the buffet offered everything that you would expect, and eggs, pancakes and omelets were cooked to order. The style of restaurant was Mexican and the evening dining experience was very poor after such an impressive breakfast.

We ordered room service one evening, and during my conversation to order our food, my wife changed her order and we both chose the same meal. When the food arrived we were presented with three meals as my wife's cancelled selection was also delivered. The food was not that hot and we both left most of it. They did amend our bill to deduct the unwanted dish.

The only nearby restaurant was a Denny's opposite, and we dined in the on site restaurant on our second night. When we presented ourselves at the desk to be seated, we were ignored along with other guests that were also waiting. The person at the desk just disappeared and did not come back! When I found a waitress, who was passing she took us to one of the empty tables. Not impressed, and our order took a long time to come, and was not that appetising. Shame really, as the rest of the hotel staff and levels of service were very good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank highperformance
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear highperformance,

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We appreciate the review of our restaurant and room service. We have shared your comments with our food and beverage team so they may use these to improve the service and quality. We are glad you enjoyed the overall hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Janice Keller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Have stayed at several Embassy suites and this one is good even though a little on the pricey side given it is Tempe AZ. Drinks and food as part of the rate are a great value. We had a third floor room and it was quiet, clean, and mostly up to date and modern. The rooms were quiet and the property is clean and conveniently located. Definitely would consider coming back. The breakfast set up could certainly use more help and better organization.

Room Tip: Ask for inside buildings for quiet and keep noise from freeway to a minimum.
1 Thank Zoomer2You
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Zoomer2You,

Thank you for your kind comments. Good suggestion on the breakfast set-up.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Our room had badly soiled carpet and the entire hotel has a pecuiliar oder and they are constanly sprying scented stuff to cover it up. If you have allergies to scents, dont stay here! I was eating breakfast and they were spraying a cleaning/polish on all the tables around me as I was trying to eat my breakfast. THey also asked me to move to another table so they could vaccumm the area where I was sitting. I had to leave early and did not enjoy my breakfast as I had a serious allergic reaction to the spray cleaner and the vacuuming in the dinning area.

Heads-up! If you need to leave for an early flight on the weekend days, don't count on your free cooked to order breakfast. They offfer nothing not even room service or coffee service before 7:30 AM. My in room coffee maker did not work, I found out later it was because the electrical outlet it was pluged into was dead. This is a very old property that smells old and really should not have the name Embassy Suites assoiciated with it. It is not an Embassy Suites! Not even close. Rooms should be a lot chaper than they are as they are not Embassy Suites quality and cleanliness and the service level is not up to a full service hotel. No bell service, I didn't even see any luggage carts either.

Our room backed up to a NW corner of the property with a large empty parking lot that seemed to have a lot of noisy activity next door, not on the site but close enough to provide enough noice to keep one from drifting off the slumberland. I think they were racing cars or trucks. Only one clerk on duty and no other staff were on duty on late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Oh, no local newspapers for sale on site!

I ordered a cheese and fruit platter for 1:30 PM delivery on Saturday to my room and they offer it up at 4:30 P.M. as I was leaving for the evening, saying they forgot it. No one pays attention to the details of customer service here. The rooms are large but old, the beds were average and not the best for this hotel name plate. I did get my extra foam pillows and towels however.

The property is large and sprawling and directional signage is not good, so be sure youi get directions before wandering off to find your rooom. They are not easy to find in this maze hotel. Just try to find a way to get to the second floor once out doors. All room doors are exterior. I will not choose to stay here again with many other options in the area.

The only thing good about this property is the Garcia's (franchise Mexican Restaurant) in the hotel. The food and service there was very good! The breakfast buffet food was not on parr with Embassy Suites I stay at all around the country. Much of if was not warm and not properly cooked. I stay at Embassy Suites becasue there are no surprises. Boy was I surprised with this one!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is easy to find so you don't don't have to slep your bags all over the g...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear JR Ford,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We apprecicate your feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have taken the time to review your experience with our team so we may implement improvements in each of these areas.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This Embassy Suites is in a very good, easy to find location. Although it is adjacent to the highway, our room was quiet and peaceful. Although it is not a fancy hotel, the room was spacious and comfortable and the common areas (lobby, restaurant, bar area) were equally as comfortable and well-maintained. The hotel grounds were attractive with the bright green grass and orange and lemon trees (I picked one of each and they were actually good pieces of fruit too - I guess it was okay for guests to help themselves to the fruit, lol). The happy hour snacks were good and the bartender was very pleasant to all the guests. The breakfast was equally adequate - nothing fancy but nothing bad either (although the coffee was rather weak). The swimming pool, again nothing fancy but a decent sized pool, but had plenty of lounge chairs around it and was relaxing. If we return to the Tempe area, I would not hesitate to chose this hotel again.

Dear jogom,

Thank you for your kind comments. Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here w/ a bunch of other people for a wedding we were all attending and I definitly enjoyed it. I had a 1 bedroom suite and slept great both nights I was there. I was up against the freeway, but that didn't bother me. Also, the free breakfast in the mornings was a great way to start the day. Even though it is almost layed out like a motel, I like it because it shows off the beautiful landscaping throughout the property. Only thing was a little negative was that the front desk clerk when telling me where my room was, said just take the elevator up and go around the corner. Turned out around the corner was a considerable walk, would have been nice to know that it would have been easier to pull around the side and park there. Overall, I woudln't hesitate to book this property again if I need a room in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear hombresinnombre2......

I'd like to thank you for posting your comments here and for giving such high accolades. We really appreciate you taking the time to post these comments. We do think we have a beautiful property and that our landscaping and outdoor pool really make this hotel unique.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Safe travels!

Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We chose this hotel due to our conference being scheduled here. The shuttle driver, John, is absolutely a wonderful guy, so friendly and helpful! He said he had been working there for 19 years! He was willing to pick up menu's at local restaurants and bring them for us to look at! It's so nice to have someone who looks after their customers! He even brought towels to one of us at the pool one afternoon, now that's service! The complimentary breakfast is really nice at Garcia's! We were disappointed with the wait time at lunch & were told the next day that they weren't expecting so many people, so didn't have staffing....The following night we were told there was a 35 minute wait, so went across the street to Denny's and had great service! Whole foods is 2 blocks away, as is Starbucks, so the location is truly nice if you don't have a car. The room was nice for 3 of us, the pullout in 1 room and the bedroom for the other couple, though the beds weren't very comfortable. When I questioned the front desk about free internet service, they kindly gave it to us at no charge. I would definitely stay here again if our travels brought us to Tempe. The complimentary "happy hour" with 2 alcoholic beverages and snacks was great! Even with all the Nascar fans, there was plenty of room to sit, relax and enjoy! I looked forward to this each night!

Room Tip: We had a room away from the pool. It was quiet. Our bedroom window faced the side parking lot. We...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear rphnd.......

Thank you very much for your very positive review of our hotel. We always appreciate the time people take to post comments about their experiences with us. And thanks for recognizing John.....he is an amazing guy and a cultural icon at our hotel. He's loved by all! Thanks for your positive comments on our breakfast and manager's reception. It's just the Embassy way!

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again very soon.

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had pool side rooms and they were very clean and roomy. The people treated us so well. Breakfast at Garcia's had something for everyone. When we checked in the staff had all kinds of "sight seeing" tips. We will stay here again on our next trip to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Go pool side. We had a group (10) and were able to sit out by the pool all evening. Very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Paulamak..........

Thank you for your 5 star review of our fantastic hotel. I'm thrilled that you and your group enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Cheers and thanks again.