Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 28 April 2013

very convenient, clean and comfortable, easy to find, quick to check in, good breakfast, and easy check out. Friendly staff. If you have to be in PHX or nearby, this is a nice place to stay for a few days.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Great staff, not so good restaurant, pass on that...I stayed on the 3rd floor past pool, in pool area, still a bit noisy, but very nice room...At night I heard noise, from pool area, and surrounding rooms..Quieter, stay in garden area, inner rooms..

1  Thank LyndaJP50
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Should it take 10 minutes for someone to check you in? My check out was fine but poor management of you staff at 9pm when a guest has to wait to stay at your hotel. I stay a Embassy Suites often . I enjoy the breakfast, but by far this was the worse experience I've every had at a ES

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This property provides escellent value for the cost. The rooms are spacious and include a refrigerator and microwave. The beds are comfortable and the towels of decent quality. The toiletries are nice, coffee and tea are provided. The complimentary breakfast is better than most, and they do made-to-order omelets and French Toast. The selection on the buffet is good and the quality of the food is good. The pool area is nice and well maintained, and the fitness center is a bit better than I would expect for this level property. Garcia's food that I had for lunch (took to go) was truly mediocre, but the food I ordered for room service one day was very tasty and was delivered quickly. I haven't yet experienced the complimentary beverages...my bad. I am staying five nights on this trip and will be happy to stay here again.

A note regarding the staff.... The people working at night when I checked in were friendly and helpful. The only comment would be that I was directed to park somewhere that was further than my room than necessary. I had to change rooms the second day as my requested configuration was unavailable when I first checked in (I updated my reservation several times, and what became my first night was a last minute add-on). The daytime staff was extremely accommodating. I had a midday conference call and they orchestrated my room move to take place early in the day so I could move prior to the call. The staff greeted me every time I went through the lobby. The housekeeping staff was also pretty top notch.

I will stay here again. I might find a property I prefer that is more luxurious, but for frequent stays where I'm trying to keep the costs contained, this will be my property of choice.

Room Tip: If possible you may want to stay away from the freeway....
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Embassy Suites markets itself as being an upscale brand. Most of their locations meet this expectation. This one did.. kind of.
I understand that it was recently remodeled. The suite had a nice appearance - granite, tile shower surround, new carpeting, new(ish) furniture, etc.
A closer inspection revealed a good amount of corners cut - white silicone along the edges of a tan shower and travertine surround, rusted fan covers for the vent system, a mini fridge that was poorly vented and constantly ran, thus was blazing hot inside the cabinet for the kitchenette, cheap furniture that was just not comfortable and too short to stretch out on really.
Also the toilet was completely loose, as in the bolts no longer secured it down and I could have picked it up had I wished. I didn't do anything about it because I didn't want to move rooms, it didn't leak or smell. That's on me for not dealing with it, but you'd think the cleaning staff would know enough by looking at the ripped up caulk job at the bottom of the toilet and realize something wasn't right.
The staff was great: friendly, responsive etc. Great location as well. Good workout room.

It's a decent place. It's not my first choice when traveling to Tempe but I'd stay here again over many other locations. However, when comparing to other ES locations, it really doesn't measure up to most others.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The hotel itself is a good location, we were in town to tour the college, it is also a nice enough place as far as rooms and restaurant and pool go, the complete downside was the attitudes of the employees and the too many to list situations where they were more then lacking......I would not stay here again......

1  Thank camillestorm
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Free breakfast, free happy hour, free airport shuttle, next to freeway for access, ....An older hotel but well maintained. We would definitely stay again. There is a Whole Foods down the block and a small frig in the room for convenience. Rural Rd leads N to Scottsdale and bus service in front of hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear RJB5001,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and location. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Janice