Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Lonsdale, United States
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

100 percent worth the very reasonable price we paid. The service was outstanding along with the complimentary bar/breakfast. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. The pool was quaint, and the suites were quiet, wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Sara D,

Thank you for your high praise. We appreciate your comments and it is our pleasure to have you as our guest on your return trip to Tempe.

Janice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here three nights while in Phoenix on business. I'll admit that at first, I was a little turned around when trying to find my way around the property. However, once I did, I enjoyed the "spread-out" feel. Kinda reminded me of one of Disney's resorts (without the magic of course haha). Check in was super-smooth. My room was on the back side of the property, so it was extremely quite (no road noise). I enjoyed my strolls up to the front every evening for the evening drinks and reception. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did eat at the bar one night and the food was very good. In the mornings, I would drive to the front for an excellent breakfast. I never had trouble finding a spot to park.
The courtyard area was nice and peaceful and the pool area was clean and well kept. The grounds were well manicured.
The suite was very clean, and the service was good. I had a great place to sit and work with plenty of light. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious (good water pressure as well). Check out was smooth as well.
I only have one small gripe in that somehow I have never received my HHonors points for my stay (4 weeks ago). I have contacted Hilton twice and even faxed a copy of the receipt but no luck yet. I'm sure they will straighten it out eventually, but this is not normal for Hilton brands. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear jhg155,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you as a return guest. If you still have not received your hhonors points, please contact me directly.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night last month while attending the new student orientation at ASU. Like all Embassy Suites, the room is large and comfortable. Its always a good value since it includes cocktail hour and breakfast. My only disappointment was that I couldn't access the fitness room--the lock was broken and they were waiting for someone to arrive to fix it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had a great time at the Embassy suites tempe. This is our third time staying at this location. Love the remodeled lobby and breakfast area. Breakfast is always delicious with a large variety. Will definitely be back to visit Tempe.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have been an Hilton Honors member. I have been with Hilton for twenty years. I use to stay at Embassy Suites on 24th & Thomas/PHX but once L.Pittman went to Tempe, she persuaded me to stay there. Services were good, I got to know staff on a personal basis in establishing a long term customer relationship; however, once LPittman left and staff I knew began to leave. The new staff don't make an effort to represent and stand behind quality customer services. Today, my room was not made properly. The staff who is obviously new did not dump one of our trash cans, didn't make one of our beds completely and forgot to hang up the shower curtain. Then went to the bar, and bartender wasn't smiling and greeting people. I am totally disappointed. The General Manager needs to ensure they stand behind the Hilton Honors brand and provide quality customer services. Instead, after many years of staying at this hotel property I may not be staying here much sooner. Ben the night shift manager took charged and made every attempt to resolve the issue which is a start; and Shoko morning person has always been awesome.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. Based upon your review, I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

sanbernardino, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Overall I do like the hotel and will stay again. could not find the elevators. maps with directions should be giving out on where they are located. I had two small grandkids with me and four bags to carry up to the 3rd floor. and I have a left bad knee. when I come to Az myself I will stay at the Hilton, but when I come with family it will be with embassy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2013

It is not the typical Embassy suites, but the price is a lot lower than normal.

When we first arrived, we had to circle a few times to find a parking space. The restaurant located on the property is quite popular on Friday evenings. Though during the day, there seems to be enough parking. The have a couple of shuttle vans on site as well. From the look of the building, it seemed it had balconies, but they are actually decorative. I was surprised that the rooms were not actually in the hotel, you are actually walking outside the whole time. Only the hotel services are in the building.

Every floor has several ashtrays, so regardless if you have a smoking room or not, you will probably be walking through smoke on occasion.

Depending on where your room is, you should expect a bit of walking. One elevator on one side of the hotel, though there are stairs on both ends.

The rooms are a little outdated, but fairly clean. There is a dark feel to the rooms, which may help in keeping them cool in the Phoenix heat.

Cooked to order hot breakfast in the restaurant area is complementary. It is very crowded though, and finding seating is quite the task. The line can also be a little long. The first time we took advantage of the breakfast, it was a little wait. The pancakes on the hot bar were hard, but everything else seemed fine. The next time, a Sunday, it was even more packed. The hot bar was completely out of food even though the breakfast still ran for another hour. At the order station, they were out of sausage and tomatoes for omelets. The omelets are really good though, even for the few minutes you will have to stand and wait after placing the order. The wait for the french toast is only the wait you had in line, and is very good. Within 20 minutes, they started restocking it, and thirty minutes before the end, the bar was overflowing with bacon, sausage and pancakes.

There are complimentary drinks for two hours in the evening, in the bar area. We did not take advantage of this any of the nights we were there since it is a bar and minors are not allowed. We heard they were nice, depending on what you order. Some of the more elaborate drinks seem watered down, we were told. They are free though, so I would expect as much.

The staff seemed friendly and accommodating, though management is inconsistent. The first night we were there, the pool was filled with people who were partying two hours past the posted close time. You can hear the pool clearly from the rooms, but turn up the television, and it is alright. It was Memorial Day weekend, and even though the noise kept our child awake and curious, we knew it would probably be like this at any hotel we stayed at. The next night, after a day out we came back and decided to try the pool. While they said towels are poolside, there were none. People called to have some brought down. Someone came with a cart full of towels within 10 minutes. Then a second load a few minutes later. Security followed. We were in the crowded pool area 15 minutes before security came down and closed the pool an hour and a half early. Management at first said that the times for the pool hours posted everywhere were incorrect, and they were in the processes of updating the books and signs. Then they stated that the previous night there were loud guests and they decided to close the pool early. They gave no apologies, and it was still as loud that evening, though now there were drunk, loud, angry guests roaming about.

The pool, while it looks small, is actually a decent size. There is a lot of seating and the area is pretty well kept.

Housekeeping runs in a huge fleet, and is seemingly done before 10 A.M. People who complain that they did not get service might have been in the room later. While they keep the rooms quite tidy, it is hit and miss on getting new towels, restocked on coffee or toiletries. One of the days we did get towels and coffee, though none of the other days even though housekeeping did enter and clean other than taking out the garbage.

Overall, there were a few issues here and there, but it is not a terrible place. It is a good hotel for the price range. Even for the minor problems we experienced, I would say it was a good stay.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk as much, get a ground level room. There is only one elevator.