“Old and needs ac repairs”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I am a HH Diamond member that has been on business travel for the last 6 months, mostly staying in Hilton's. I normally love embassy suites, but this one really let me down.

I'm in Phoenix to fly to the east coast tomorrow with my two little girls. We went out to dinner and returned to the room right around the time they were to go to bed. The air conditioning needs service, I'm sure it's the filthy filter I noticed that is blocking the airflow, it's hot and sticky. Unfortunately I can't move rooms because I need my girls to get their sleep (2 & 4 year olds ) because we have to get up at 0530 for our early morning flight. I just checked out (today) of the embassy suites Palmdale where I was on business travel for the last 3 months. If all their rooms are like this even for diamond members, definitely look elsewhere, this room is too hot to not have serviced ac!

I will give credit to the airport shuttle, right on time and the driver was very personable, but still not enough to justify the poorly serviced rooms.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

In town on business. I was supposed to receive a special welcome package from the group I was meeting with upon check in but I did not receive it. Even worse, I didn't even know that I was supposed to receive it (should've been a surprise) but it had valuable info on where my meeting was to be held the next day and cost me delays getting there. When I used the sink, water came pouring out all over the floor because of a loose pipe underneath. Next day, got my package, pipe was fixed and it's been ok since. On the plus side the on site restaurant had some of best Marconi & cheese I've had in awhile. I'll probably stay elsewhere next time in town.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family had not been together in some time and this hotel put all of our rooms together which made a great weekend. We primarily used the pool which was very nice, breakfast was exceptional All in all a very good experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Easy to find, quiet and great staff. Look forward to a future stay. Staff was helpful with directions and turn down service. Very conscientious about healthy home and my environment as a guest. The 200 minimum characters for Trip advisor is not cool but Embassy Suites was

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

overall condition nice, very friendly/competent staff and acceptable accommodations; breakfast area limited as compared to some ES... standard happy hour reception, hotel had many loud guests with noisy and disturbing next room guests, had to call front desk. Room was next to Rte 60, was able to hear road noise in bedroom area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Overall we had a good stay. Breakfast was delicious and the free drink at night was nice. But there seems to be a problem with the maid service. I saw a room service tray left outside a door, 24 hours later it was still there and covered in ants. The next day still there and had been rained on. No one could come pick it up? Also the carpet in our room turned our feet black! Definitely needed a good cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room we had contained 2 beds and a living area with wet bar. The room was big and the bathroom was nice. It was clean overall, with very minor imperfections. Nice shampoo/soap/lotion. There weren't a lot of elevators/stairways that we could find. The elevators weren't air conditioned, which isn't a huge deal, just noticeable since it was 115 degrees outside.
I checked in while waiting on someone's flight to come into Sky Harbor. I was in the room about an hour before housekeeping barged in. How do they not know the room is already occupied or had been cleaned already? About another hour passed when the front desk called telling me I "needed" to come back down because the person that checked me in didn't take a credit card to "have on file". That should have been a red flag for me since my reservation was pre-paid.
The pool area is nice and the pool was clean with warm water. One morning there were only about 4 towels available and I didn't see them replacing them by the time we left. The breakfast (included with our room) was very nice, not crowded. There were cold items, a hot buffet, and a grill for made-to-order items (French toast, eggs, omelets). We were very pleased with the breakfast.
Internet is not included with the room. At login, it said you could put in a HHonors number and receive free internet, which did not work for me, so I just paid the 9.95 since it was only for 1 day.
Upon returning home, I checked my credit card and it was billed for the internet plus another $20. Keep in mind this wasn't included on my statement when I checked out. Then I got the pleasure of having to call the hotel and was told this hold was placed and "should" be returned to my account in 7-10 business days. A hold for what? Why wasn't I told this at check-in or check-out? Shady business practice. Beware.
Nice enough hotel, just doesn't seem too trustworthy now that I look back.