“LaQuinta - Sky Harbor”

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“LaQuinta - Sky Harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff efficient and very helpful. Rooms clean and well furnished. Breakfast was adequate, but could have had more healthy choices. We were upgraded because we are gold members which gave us extra room and amenities. The closest restaurant was Denny's; others required driving as this is an industrial area. The hotel sits off the main highway so you have to look closely when you exit the freeway. Free shuttle to the airport, but it doesn't operate 24-7 so hours of operation need to be checked to use it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Flatly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Needing an airport hotel in Phoenix, we chose La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor. The rate was decent, and the room was more than adequate. They must have renovated recently, because the carpet, linens and furnishings, including flat screen TV were all new . The room was spotless.
The girl at the desk was very sweet, and had a google map to the airport at her fingertips. The rate includes a self serve breakfast of waffles, hard boiled eggs, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc.
This is not a hotel to spend a lot of time at, but for one night before a flight- it's pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa B
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We reserved a room for one night's stay at this particular La Quinta about 10 days beforehand. One day before our planned arrival, we confirmed the room with La Quinta by phone and advised that we would be a late check-in because our flight was due to land late. The reservation agent promised that she would note our late arrival in their system so that the room would not be given away.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were told by the front desk that they were oversold. There were no rooms left in the hotel. The hotel had made arrangements for us to stay at a nearby Quality Inn instead. La Quinta picked up the tab at Quality Inn (or however that works between hotels) but it was a disappointing experience all around.

I don't understand why were allowed to make a reservation in the first place or why we were not advised about the oversold situation until we arrived at the hotel. There were opportunities to tell us about the overselling of the hotel when we spoke to them the week before our trip and the day before our arrival.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SNGraham
New Park, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The staff was not surprised when I wanted to see the room before checking in, nor when I returned to the desk and said I was cancelling. The room had been cleaned, but was frayed. The premises are dirty, there are broken down parts in the elevator and all around as I made my way to the room. I generally like La Quinta, and it's the first La Quinta I've seen that's in such bad shape.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a pretty good value; a touch pricey but it's a friendly and accommodating place. The neighborhood has little to offer but there is a Denny's close by and very easy access to all destiinations, once you know what you are doing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Moorestown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Although I had a reservation, somehow the only available room was a smoking room, and boy oh boy had there been a lot of smoking. It really smelled like a stinky bar. They sprayed it but then it just smelled like bad perfume on top of smoke. They also offered to "ozone" it but said I would have to leave the room for 30 mins. Not sure what kind of chemicals I wasn't allowed to breath for 30 mins, but at that point I just opened the door (opened to outdoors) and window and hoped nobody would come in and rob me. Breakfast was fine and ap shuttle convenient, but nothing makes up for a nite of filling your lungs up with stale smoke, UGH! Oh and when I complained in the morning, I got a tired "Oh, Sorry." Well La Quinta you're OFF my hotel list, and I travel a lot. Where do you get off assuming anyone will be ok with a smoking room? What if someone had asthma, you could really hurt someone with that level of smokiness.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sue T
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Couldn't be happier with my stay from the clean comfortable rooms to the helpfull profesional staff I have and will continue to stay here.If your in the area for spring training this is your ideal location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 175 in Phoenix
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,302 reviews
South Mountain
GreenTree Inn & Suites
GreenTree Inn & Suites
#22 of 175 in Phoenix

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!