“basic airport hotel”

Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Montreal, Canada
“basic airport hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

If you book with Hotwire expect to be given a first floor room facing on the parking lot. This will happen even thought the hotel is not full. Ask for a 2nd floor or higher room unless you enjoy watching cars pull up to your window .
The hotel is remote from restaurants and for some reason difficult to get to from Phoenix as it is not off an exit. It is however easy to get to the airport as the shuttle uses back roads.
The hotel restaurant is of average quality and to my mind poor value

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you so much for your comments and I apologize that the location of your guestroom was not ideal and that the hotel restaurant, Fire + Spice, did not exceed your expectations as I know our restaurant staff strives to do. I am happy to hear that our convenient airport shuttle was of use to you though. In order to stand out and not be a basic airport hotel, we are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on all of our guest rooms and hallways which will be completed in the fall. We are also planning a full renovation on our meeting space and lobby area next summer which we are all looking forward to. I do hope that you return to the Sheraton Phoenix Airport to see our new product!

Katie.provot@sheratontempe.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Booked last minute after changes in meetings forced me to take next morning flight. Informstion desk assisted me calling hotel for free shuttle which arrived within 10 minutes. Check in was efficient and friendly. My room was located on basement near meeting rooms and with a view on parking lot. Didn't used the air con (which seemed dated). Room was OK. High speed wifi was great. Not best hotel ever but convenient. Didn t find the breakfast room but saw small grocery room near reception. Anyway had to leave for shuttle ( every 00 and 30).

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Nicolas N,

Thank you so much for your review and I'm happy to hear that your check in was both efficient and friendly and that the wifi worked great for you. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms, hallways, as well as the air conditioners, which we would love the opportunity to share once it is complete in the Fall. We do hope to see you again!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very tired hotel that needs some serious attention. It needs a refresh--the lobby, hallways, guest rooms, etc…all are very tired. I might be a little more forgiving if they would just job cleaning. The attention to detail just isn't there. The "pick a green choice" is an interesting option--help me understand how not cleaning my room is being "green"? To me it is just a way for the hotel to save money but not having to pay as many cleaning staff--and BTW--YOU need the cleaning staff to clean up. The fitness room was especially dirty--clean the machines better--clean out the cup holders, wipe down the handles--attention to detail, please! Redeeming qualities--the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper doesn't disappoint and is very comfortable. The front desk staff was very attentive--but they all seem to be standing around there -- maybe they should be out cleaning this place instead. The downside is the crazy air conditioner that is so loud--when the compressor switches on it wakes me up. t have stayed here often because it's close to work and is our "company-sanctioned" hotel--but I will be looking for somewhere new in the future.

Room Tip: If you have stay here know that they are going through a refresh over the summer--ask for a room tha...
Dear theworldismyoyster67,

Thank you so much for your review as it always serves a great purpose for us to improve in within every department. I am happy to share with you that we are currently undergoing a highly anticipated $3.5 Million renovation on all of our guestrooms and hallways and this will include the air conditioners which will be completed this Fall. The lobby refresh will be completed next summer. I'm happy to hear that you did enjoy the beds, but I will absolutely pass on your comments to our Housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you return in the future as we will strive to earn back your business. Please feel free to contact me directly if you do decide to try us out again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stay here a lot because I am SPG gold. As a business traveler I need wifi, and there should be a connectivity rating in the option above, because if there were it would get a negative 2. I have to type this on my phone in my room because they can't fix my connection. The "engineer" they sent up knew less than I did, granted I work in the IT networking space. Regardless if you're going to send someone to resolve an issue please make sure they have the necessary skill set. The service here is solid, but I can't tell my boss and teammates that as an excuse as to why my communication has slowed down. I could hotspot my phone but then again I'm paying for the wifi. If connectivity is a must consider another hotel. I have this hotel multiple chances and it has not failed me yet, the connection is old and outdated. Single password/single password key, good thing I have vpns and firewalls on my device.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Johtseng
Dear Johtseng,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience with our wifi while staying at our hotel. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments so we can take action. This is one of our focuses of the hotel in order to make it an overall great experience for travelers. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways. We do look forward to this being complete in the Fall, 2014 and we do hope that you will return and allow us the opportunity to earn back your business. The next time that you are in town, please feel free to contact me directly.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The location is excellent, very close to the airport, but I was otherwise not very impressed.
It appears old outside of the entrance area, seems to be lacking in updates, carpet did not seem as clean as I would like, painting seemed old and sometimes peeling. Noisy area.
Nothing awful, but I would not stay more than one night to catch a flight as I did.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Familytraveler69
Dear Familytraveler69,

Thank you so much for your review and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways which we would love the opportunity to show you once it is complete in the Fall. We are definitely aware of the much needed updates as well, and as a team, we are all looking forward to seeing the final product once it is all completed.

Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This Sheraton is an old property renovated fairly recently. Nice lounge/bar restaurant area and a very nice Club Lounge for members with status.

The staff at this property are quite friendly and professional.

While the room itself is comfortable and nicely appointed, the bathroom is small and the shower a bit difficult to navigate. But terrific water pressure and great hot water, so kudos here!

However, I did not get a restful night’s sleep as the hotel has old style (outdoor) AC units that are quite loud, I was woken up several times throughout the night as the AC came on periodically. I don’t come to Phoenix often - about once or twice a year - and I always seem to forget about this aspect of the property. I am a light sleeper so perhaps you may not be impacted by this noise. But you can always bring earplugs and you should be fine!

1 Thank Bob F
Dear Bob F,

Thank you so much for your review. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments so we can take action regarding the AC units. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways and will also include the air conditioning units. We look forward to this being complete in the Fall, 2014, so we look forward to your return to see all of the improvements. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the lounge/restaurant area of Fire + Spice as well as the Club Lounge.

Denver
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Rented two rooms on the club floor before a flight home the next day and wished I had stayed anywhere else. Had that nagging terrible feeling after I stayed here, you know the one where you feel ripped off. People were smoking in the rooms, yelling in the halls, slamming doors, running the ice machine til 2 am. Very dirty, dingy, old, run-down Sheraton. Will not stay at Starwood again unless it is a newer Westin, Four Points, or Aloft.

Room Tip: Try another room at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Travelguy69
Dear Travelguy69,

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry to hear about your overall experience while staying at our hotel. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways. We do look forward to this being complete in the Fall, 2014 and we do hope that you will return and allow us the opportunity to earn back your business. The next time that you are in town, please feel free to contact me directly.