“My trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe

Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
“My trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was off of a main road but so worth it. The front desk staff very attentive and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and sparkling. It was a great hotel to unwind after 1100 miles of driving. The food and room service were good but need to have a few more non southwest offerings. The club staff was great took care of any needs I had great stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Todd D,

Thank you for your review! Our front desk, along with all of our Sheraton Phoenix Airport staff, really strive to do their best with each guest that walks through the doors, so it is great to hear that you felt welcomed and that our housekeeping and Club Room staff did a great job as well. I have passed on your comments regarding the "more non-southwest offerings" at the restaurant, Fire + Spice. Thank you again for your comments, it helps us improve and also spotlight and reward certain departments.

480.293.9079

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Tolleson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Motel is in need of some updating. Older and showing its age. Room had a musty smell. Lobby and pool area are very nice and made the stay worthwhile. Not what you would expect from a Sheraton brand hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deeann611
Dear Deeann611,

Thank you for your feedback and I have passed this on to the department heads and team members. I'm very happy to share that we are currently undergoing a much-needed and highly anticipated $3.5 Million renovation on our guestrooms and hallways. This renovation will be completed this Fall and then we will focus on the public areas next summer, 2015. I would like to invite you back in the fall so we can show you everything that has been updated. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the lobby and pool area and next time you stay with us, we do hope to exceed our expectations of the Sheraton brand.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have high expectations of Starwood properties and was disappointed with this one. Its obvious the hotel is an older property which is fine but some of the furniture shows it. I absolutely do expect a clean room and bathroom. NOT. The bathroom had plenty of hair in the tub/shower area and floor. GROSS. Some of the fixtures showed plenty of wear and tear so again not what I expect from Starwood. Staff is up to par, thank you. Sheraton near the convention center in Phoenix is MUCH better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Aaron H
ksp125, Director of Sales at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for your feedback and I have made sure that your concerns were passed on to the proper department heads. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on all of our guestrooms and are very excited for the future of the hotel which should be completed by Fall, 2014. Although this renovation does not excuse the Housekeeping issues you experienced, I wanted you to know that we have taken feedback about the condition of our rooms very seriously and are doing something about it. We would love the opportunity to earn back your business. Please feel free to contact me directly.

katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
Kreskin2207
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing special but everything you expect with a chain hotel. The check-in was quick and easy. I thought our room was a little small and awkward but it was clean and the AC worked well. There was free wireless which was nice but no free breakfast or even coffee in the lobby. We asked the front desk when leaving and they pointed us to some paid coffee at the bar. Oh well, I booked on a discount site and got a good rate so I can't complain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kreskin2207,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your overall experience while staying at our hotel did not exceed expectations, but we are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on the guest rooms and hallways that will be completed in the Fall. We hope to see you return!

Katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I usually find TripAdvisor reviews to pretty accurately reflect somewhere I eventually go on (or don't go on to!) visit. Reading the reviews for the Sheraton, I was pretty nervous about what I might arrive to. However, as the title of my review states, I only have good things to say about the hotel.

The hotel has a really welcoming interior. Just past the corridor which leads to guests' rooms, there is a large space with PCs for internet access and the restaurant / bar area. Visiting in March, this area had people in it but never felt too crowded. One can sit and have a drink and not feel pressured to move on.

Staff were all friendly and went that extra mile where they could - my bags were stored past check-out time so that I could attend a function without having to carry them with me.

Don't let the mixed reviews sway you if you're considering a stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Indigo91
Dear Indigo91,

Thank you so much for the positive review and I have passed your comments on to our staff and General Manager. It means so much to our staff to hear this positive feedback and that you had an enjoyable stay, so I do appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I do hope you return again this fall so you can see our newly renovated guestrooms! Thank you again.

Katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start this by saying I have stayed at this Sheraton for business countless times. But in the years since staying here I have witnessed the quality of my stay going downhill.

First, the carpets around my room, and leading up to my room are really stained. I noticed this in my last visit, but this time it was very visible.

Next, when I checked in, the nice front desk guy said he was putting me on the first floor away from the ice machine on the second floor where I was originally set to be. Nice right? No. He put me on what was THE noisiest row I have EVER had the pleasure of staying at. Really. Screaming kids running up and down the hall all night. Then the slamming doors, and finally the yelling from partiers.

What else:
The shuttle from the airport (which is usually very prompt), I was told would take 20+ minutes to even start their journey out to get me. I ended up getting a cab. This, I was told, was just the luck of the draw since they had been picking up airline crew all night. IF this is the case Sheraton, then for gods sake hire another driver. Don't make the rest of us suffer.

AND FINALLY...I wake up to more slamming doors so I go get my usual cup of coffee down in the restaurant...what do I discover: No Half and Half. Yeah. I am told that I can only get some 'Irish Cream or Hazelnut' mixer for my coffee. I ask the nice gentleman if there is any Half and Half ANYWHERE in the building, and he says 'Nope. Won't be in till at least 10:00AM.'
On a SUNDAY...when most of your guests are leaving?
Who is the planner for weekends Sheraton?
Really bad management.

The ONLY good thing I can say at this point about this hotel is that the Baja Fish Tacos are still good in the restaurant.
The staff is plenty nice, but really Sheraton, I do have a choice of where I can stay and frankly from here on out, I am going to look at other options.

(And Sheraton, you might want to pick up that day old french fry that has been sitting next to my door for a while now. It's gross)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MBBMimi
Dear MBBMimi,

First, thank you for your loyalty over the years and also for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear everything that you experienced while staying with us and that it was overall, disappointing and inconvenient. We have addressed each one of your concerns and feedback with the proper department heads and we will use this to educate and improve. We are currently undergoing a $3.5 Million renovation on our guestrooms and are very excited for this much needed refresh of the hotel. I would like to invite you back so you can experience the new Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel this Fall, 2014. I would like the opportunity to earn back your business, please feel free to contact me directly.

katie.provot@sheratontempe.com
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was really nervous due the the reviews that had been posted and as I am staying for 6 nights. I am happy to say that people need to get real.
Lets start with the staff: you could not find a nicer team and I have just spent the last week in Sheraton and Roosevelt in New York, so I notice the difference.
The rooms: My room 330 is very big, plenty of storage space, spotlessly clean, fridge, microwave..no mini bar but they have a little shop. People complained about the bathrooms but maybe they stayed at a different hotel as the bathroom here is 10 x better than the one in the $800 million renovated New York Sheraton. Don't get me wrong I also enjoyed my stay in New York Sheraton but I feel that since this hotel has be beaten up slightly on Tripadvisor I should give my honest opinion.
The pool area is lovely, the gym had everything you need for a good workout.
The food: breakfast has cereal, fruit, toast, pastries, hot food, juice, water, coffe & tea so again everything catered for. The food for lunch and dinner was great and Tom the waiter had a great memory for specific requests and was a sheer joy.
Wifi worked perfectly even out in the pool area so good that I could watch breaking bad on netflix on my ipad.
I conveyed my thoughts to the manager who took the time to talk to me and gave me a look at the renovated rooms which is ongoing and I have to say people you are in for a treat they are gorgeous.
Overall I am really enjoying my stay and from the moment I arrived I have had the best experience especially since I am a lone traveller, reception are fantastic too, it just seems that they all go all out to make it as pelasant as possible.
Sure the carpets in the hallways are a bit worm but in all truth how many hotels carpets are not like that with a high turnover establishment.
I would recommend friends and family to this hotel every time. Oh and had the best sleep as well as the beds are true comfort.

Room Tip: i would definetly go 3rd floor facing the pool