“Never staying in a choice hotel again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Tempe Near ASU

Ramada Tempe Near ASU
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Never staying in a choice hotel again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The customer service is horrible and they make promises that they can not keep. We were told that we could have one room and then if we didn't like it we could move to a different room. Upon arrival, we discovered that we were not able to move to a different room and the steps they took to make the room better we're not done like promised on the phone. Called other choice hotels and they could not help us out with a switch due to no managers being on duty. On a Friday night with packed hotel rooms and spring traing , no manager on duty?

Rooms: dexter would use this as his kill room. It is gross, extremely outdated, TVs no where close to sitting areas, and a microwave from the 60's.

Highly recommend to not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't come here at all
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aruiz158

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Room was very spacious, definitely a suite. Living room area smelled like cigarettes even though it was a "non smoking" room. The bed room area was much better. Awesome environment in the courtyard! Made me feel like I was on vacation.
5 minutes from ASU in one direction, 5 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale in the other direction.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
athens,ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a family wedding in Phoenix, and I have more attraction for the Choice Hotels, I stayed in Quality Suites here and I was glad that I stayed here. The staff was so cooperative, helpful, always smiling. My Stay was very pleasant and I would recommend to everybody. Oh and they have really nice pool.

1 Thank forever123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently moved back to Tempe and needed a place to stay (live) while researching employment opportunities and long term housing. That was 2 1/2 months ago and I have been made to feel so much at home here I am debating if I even want to move anywhere else. The staff here has always been very friendly and helpful, especially the general manager (Misty Thomas) and the evening manager (Fagan Shah). The rooms are comfortable and clean with a support staff that is always available to help out. I highly recommend considering this property to anyone visiting the Tempe/Phoenix area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a week and enjoy my stay the rooms its very clean and all staff its very friendly and for tha kind off rooms the rate its very reasonable ,the landscape its so nice pool. I was so pleased to see the landscaping they had which make this property one of its own. I enjoyed playing mini golf over there.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were on a pleasant trip to Phoenix, Arizona, and we stayed at this Quality Suites in Tempe. The house-keeping staff was great and very helpful. Especially, Misty Thomas, the General Manager took care of us as if we were the family and just the guests. Two thumbs up!!!!

Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We are in the area for the week for the Collector Car Auctions. Using reward points, options were limited. This hotel has big rooms with kitchenettes. It is older and could use updating. We had to ask for a shower curtain and are living with a desk lamp as our main living room light source. On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet. I cannot argue the price and actually do not know what the regular rates are, but it serves our needs and is convenient to the auctions and restaurants. Given the option, I would prefer a more up to date place.

Stayed January 2014