“Never Again...False information on shuttle service...Poor Customer Service as a Front Office Manager”

Ramada Tempe Near ASU
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

My daughter was performing at the Aloha Festival in Tempe...so I booked a room with choice being I'm an employee so I got the discount rate...

As we arrived at the phx airport, I called the hotel to come pick us up and the desk clerk Israel said sorry mame but we don't offer those services...I was pissed because I'm hot n sweaty n as per their confirmation letter it clearly states it in red to call when you arrive so I did...well make long story short I pd $35 one way on super shuttle to get to the property...ask the FOM if he could do anything for me cause I was not happy...n he tried to kick me out the hotel...I told him excuse me sir but I will not tolerate this kind of behavior from u or any of your staff...so I suggest u listen n pay really close attention to what I'm saying...can u compensate me on my shuttle service? Because I was miss informed by your confirmation letter staying incorrect info...Jay said we don't do that....very rudely..

I arrived and said I would like to check in my room pls and the FOM Jay says you can miss but yr room is a smoking one...n I told him sorry but I reserved a non smoking plus I confirmed it with your desk clerk Israel before coming here...then the rooms were not ready and it was pass 3p check in time... So we finally got our room after half n hr went by...got in the room n was not at all surprised that the room was not up to par with Our expectation...dirty...smelled like old rusty...old mold...old everything...

I filed a Guest Relations ticket to see if they would help me... N it's in process now...

I will never stay at that property as long as we are living...NEVER

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The customer service is horrible and they make promises that they can not keep. We were told that we could have one room and then if we didn't like it we could move to a different room. Upon arrival, we discovered that we were not able to move to a different room and the steps they took to make the room better we're not done like promised on the phone. Called other choice hotels and they could not help us out with a switch due to no managers being on duty. On a Friday night with packed hotel rooms and spring traing , no manager on duty?

Rooms: dexter would use this as his kill room. It is gross, extremely outdated, TVs no where close to sitting areas, and a microwave from the 60's.

Highly recommend to not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't come here at all
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aruiz158
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Room was very spacious, definitely a suite. Living room area smelled like cigarettes even though it was a "non smoking" room. The bed room area was much better. Awesome environment in the courtyard! Made me feel like I was on vacation.
5 minutes from ASU in one direction, 5 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale in the other direction.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a family wedding in Phoenix, and I have more attraction for the Choice Hotels, I stayed in Quality Suites here and I was glad that I stayed here. The staff was so cooperative, helpful, always smiling. My Stay was very pleasant and I would recommend to everybody. Oh and they have really nice pool.

1  Thank forever123
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently moved back to Tempe and needed a place to stay (live) while researching employment opportunities and long term housing. That was 2 1/2 months ago and I have been made to feel so much at home here I am debating if I even want to move anywhere else. The staff here has always been very friendly and helpful, especially the general manager (Misty Thomas) and the evening manager (Fagan Shah). The rooms are comfortable and clean with a support staff that is always available to help out. I highly recommend considering this property to anyone visiting the Tempe/Phoenix area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a week and enjoy my stay the rooms its very clean and all staff its very friendly and for tha kind off rooms the rate its very reasonable ,the landscape its so nice pool. I was so pleased to see the landscaping they had which make this property one of its own. I enjoyed playing mini golf over there.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were on a pleasant trip to Phoenix, Arizona, and we stayed at this Quality Suites in Tempe. The house-keeping staff was great and very helpful. Especially, Misty Thomas, the General Manager took care of us as if we were the family and just the guests. Two thumbs up!!!!