I read some bad reviews about this hotel on here but thought maybe it would be okay anyway. Initially, it was an acceptable place to stay but not a place I would stay again because it was dirty. But then we had a terrible customer service experience on top of that and I would never recommend this hotel to even an enemy.
1. Bad customer service at the desk: We made reservations online for 4 days and on the 2nd day, we went to the front desk to change our credit card. The manager at the front desk asked if we were checking out and we said no, we were not scheduled to check out for two days. She kept telling us "This is a pre-paid hotel. If you don't pay in advance, we can't guarantee the rooms." I told her that the web site has no mention of that and the person who checked us in did not tell us that. Then she said she didn't have any rooms for us and we would have to leave. I asked what the point of a reservation was if they couldn't keep it and she continued to say several times "This is a pre-paid hotel..." At that point, we went upstairs to pack our stuff and try to find other arrangements. I was getting ready to call corporate customer service when she called and said she made a mistake and we had the room for the next two days. She was extremely rude during the experience and she was the manager.
2. General carelessness and more bad customer service at the desk: The maid left the door to our room ajar and not locked. This was a room on the main level next to one of the open exits to the parking lot (the hotel has an open-air design where the rooms open to the the outdoors). When we called down to the front desk, the personnel there said "Oh well."
3. Dirty. The hot tub and pool had slimy stuff on the tiles. There were broken beer bottles and cigarettes all over the ground by the garbage cans. Everything else including the rooms were dingy. We had a non-smoking room but it smelled like a smoking room with perfumey air freshener "covering" up the smoke smell.
4. The continental breakfast is listed as free but it costs 4.99 plus tax and it is the breakfast you get for free at equivalent hotels in the area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Tempe Near ASU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites Tempe Hotel Tempe
- Quality Inn Tempe