“I love everything about this place”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Chicago, Illinois
“I love everything about this place”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great rooms, great location next to ASU and it's campus town great active courtyard and the snack shacks are the best for conferees. The staff couldn't be more helpful. I sprained my knee the last day and they did everything to relieve my distress. The concierge personally brought ice to my room.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were coming from 40 below in Chicago and when we arrived to almost 70 degree weather and to such a warm and inviting hotel it was just a marvelous experience. The palm trees in the Courtyard, the fountain, and the warm and friendly staff that were always accommodating. We ate several times at "Harry's " with friends of ours and were never rushed.

The concierge was so helpful even before we arrived when I called to arrange for a car to take my son to visit the Grand Canyon. All the arrangements were made, I simply picked up the car at the hotel's entrance and dropped it off there. They took care of everything. The front staff also, was very accommodating with arranging for extra days that we stayed there. And they gave us the same price as when we were at the AAP conference!

The laundry and dry cleaning were done that same day and the clothes looked brand new when they were delivered to our hotel room!

I have traveled a lot over the years, to Europe and many different place here in the U.S. This was by far one of the best experiences I have ever had. I thank all those at Tempe Mission Palms for such outstanding service and care.

I was a tired pediatrician when I arrived and went home with renewed vigor and energy to go on taking care of the children.

Many thanks to all of you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mitchell
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The rooms were very comfortable and the staff friendly. We were here for business and the service was phenomenal. The meals and snacks were amazing and all eating areas were very clean. Very professional staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are easily accessible
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife called ahead and asked the hotel staff to procure a few small emergency items that I would need upon my arrival. The hotel staff went to a local drug store, made the purchases, and had them in my room before I arrived. It was a complete surprise to me.

When my wife tried to settle the account, they told her it was not necessary.

Oh, and the rest of the stay was spot on, too. But most of us have come to expect that, at this point. Tempe Mission Palms went above, and beyond. Way above and beyond. Thank you.

1 Thank Mike L
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Mike L.

I was thrilled to read your comments of how our staff went “above and beyond” for you and your wife during your stay. Thank you for sharing the story on Tripadvisor, and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you travel to Tempe.

Ken McKenzie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I recently was headed to Phoenix again for business, but wanted something a bit different than my usual Hilton Garden Inn. The Tempe Mission Palms was conveniently located five minutes from where I needed to be, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The lobby was open & airy, with huge glass doors looking out in the courtyard. Check-in was easy; it was only at check-out that I realized why: I was charged a resort fee* of $14.95 per night but I wasn’t told about it at check-in – no wonder things moved so quickly! I don’t mind resort fees, especially when they include everything they do here, I just want hotels to be upfront about it. The resort fee includes airport transportation; wi-fi; valet parking (I assumed I was paying for it when I used the service); in-room coffee service (just a regular coffee maker); and use of the fitness center (a standard hotel gym).

My deluxe room was tastefully decorated in Arizona reds, browns, tans, & a pop of turquoise. I was immediately drawn to the floor to ceiling french doors, which opened up into the courtyard. With a little fountain bubbling outside, it was quite lovely.

The small vestibule area separating the bedroom from the bathroom held a closet (actually more of an armore) & a set up with a mini-fridge, the previously mentioned coffee maker & a few mini-bar snacks. The bathroom was bright, with fluffy towels & some of the best water pressure I’ve had at a hotel in quite some time.

I decided to take advantage of the last hour of daylight & head to the pool. The pool area was busy, but not overly crowded. I found a lounge chair & pulled it out so my pasty white legs could see their first UV rays in months. I enjoyed the warm late afternoon sun, as adults lounged in the pool & planes on final approach into PHX flew overhead.

Because of my schedule, I didn’t dine at any of the restaurants, but did sit downstairs in the courtyard & sip a glass of wine while working on Saturday afternoon. The courtyard has a wood burning fireplace & lots of comfy chairs to relax in.

Because of my schedule, I didn’t take advantage of it, but their location is dynamite – merely steps away from Mill Street’s shops, restaurants & bars. Yet the property is located on a side street, which makes it pretty quiet. The hotel was packed the weekend I was there – spring breakers, Spring Training-ers, a large Red Hat Society gathering & an company’s conference – yet, I always felt like a valued guest. The valet called me (& others) by name, the waitstaff at the bar were prompt & friendly, even the other guests seemed to be in a good mood!

Even on the busy weekend I was there, the valet was incredibly efficient. If I called as I was leaving my room, my car would be there when I got down. After my not so great experience with a valet last year on a March work trip, this was refreshing.

I mentioned the planes on final approach into Sky Harbor overhead. Thank goodness my body was on east coast time, because my glass on the nightstand started shaking at 5am from 757s roading overhead. The sound proofing just wasn’t great – & I wasn’t even on the top floor.

Room Tip: An interior courtyard room is a lovely view, but can be a little noisy when people are enjoying drin...
1 Thank tuffy0317
Dear tuffy0317,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate the detailed feedback, and I will be passing along your comments to our staff. We hope you stay with us soon again, and are able to enjoy the Mill Avenue District and some more time at our rooftop pool.

Ken McKenzie
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As you have seen by all the positive reviews, a really nice place. Staff at breakfast can be a liitle grumpy, but it is early in the morning. When I wrote back that during the night it was a bit noisy in the court yard, they immediately responded back to me, to write me their regrets. Staff is friendly and helpful, I would definitely stay here again, and that is the best compliment.

Room Tip: Rooms around the court yard can be a little noisy, when people are having drinks there. However, aft...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rogers, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is pricey for what you get - free WiFi, free airport shuttle - services you expect to receive from a LaQuinta or a Country Inn and Suites. You only pay an extra $100. Great service, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, great location, nice courtyard, and nice ambiance. But it's hard to tell if I am describing the Tempe Palms or a LQ.