We were here for a weekend conference (Friday and Saturday nights) and suffered through loud, pounding noise from 9:30 pm to 2:30 am both nights. Even with earplugs, I could hear the roar from partiers. The hotel was sold out, so no switching to quieter room was possible. Staff commented that Tempe has 55,000 ASU students in the vicinity, implying that they were blameless. My take: Tempe is not a town for non-students or those without a compelling reason to be near ASU. The noise from the bars on Mill Ave is a fatal flaw: rooms that face 5th or Mill have no sound insulation (I noted single-pane windows in our room). I am normally oblivious to noise, but this level was exceptional. The good news: if you are looking for a party school, look no further than ASU. Those kids were having a wild time. Others in our group reported noise from a wedding on the property and from smokers on the second floor interior balcony. Good food might be another casualty of lots of student consumers in the vicinity. Food from hotel kitchen was mediocre. Rather a shame as the property handled our conference beautifully (no noise during daylight hours). The meeting rooms were well-organized and the central patio charming. Concierge helpful, valet parking well-run. But hard to get excited about a hotel where you can't get a good night's sleep. I hope I never spend a weekend here again. Not sure I'd risk a visit on a weekday either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe