“Jewel in Tempe”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
“Jewel in Tempe”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my third or fourth stay at the hotel. I was attending the corporate event and the hotel itself and service were both impeccable. It was most refreshing to be able to walk around the courtyard and snack at the snack shack during breaks. I needed a car for the day and the concierge was most helpful in arranging that at a very reasonable rate. If I can wholeheartedly recommend this property.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear William M,

I would like to thank you for recommending Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you choose us when visiting Tempe, and that our staff, including our concierge, were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to your next visit, and we will keep the Snack Shack stocked for your return!

Ken McKenzie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As I write this at 11:30 pm on a Thursday night, I am listening to music pounding through the hotel wall from the bar across the street. The hotel tells me there are no quiet rooms available to escape the noise and that the bar is legal entitled to continue the "festivities" until 2:00 am. While I have no other complaints about the hotel, not being able to get a decent night's sleep is a pretty big downside to the experience of staying here. However, it's not all bad news - the hotel did give me a free pair of earplugs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TripAdmonisher
Dear TripAdmonisher,

I would like to extend my apologies for the noise coming from the bar across the street from our property. I have been in contact with the City of Tempe and the Tempe Police Department about these noise issues, and as a result, the police department will be issuing citations to those establishments violating the noise ordinances. I know that this does not change your experience, but please know that we have heard your concerns and are working to resolve the issues. Again, please accept my sincere apology, and I hope that you will return in the future to see that we have resolved these problems.

Southwestern US
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were here for a weekend conference (Friday and Saturday nights) and suffered through loud, pounding noise from 9:30 pm to 2:30 am both nights. Even with earplugs, I could hear the roar from partiers. The hotel was sold out, so no switching to quieter room was possible. Staff commented that Tempe has 55,000 ASU students in the vicinity, implying that they were blameless. My take: Tempe is not a town for non-students or those without a compelling reason to be near ASU. The noise from the bars on Mill Ave is a fatal flaw: rooms that face 5th or Mill have no sound insulation (I noted single-pane windows in our room). I am normally oblivious to noise, but this level was exceptional. The good news: if you are looking for a party school, look no further than ASU. Those kids were having a wild time. Others in our group reported noise from a wedding on the property and from smokers on the second floor interior balcony. Good food might be another casualty of lots of student consumers in the vicinity. Food from hotel kitchen was mediocre. Rather a shame as the property handled our conference beautifully (no noise during daylight hours). The meeting rooms were well-organized and the central patio charming. Concierge helpful, valet parking well-run. But hard to get excited about a hotel where you can't get a good night's sleep. I hope I never spend a weekend here again. Not sure I'd risk a visit on a weekday either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Miss_W0rd
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Miss_W0rd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. I apologize that the noise disrupted your sleep during your recent stay. I would like you to know that I have been in contact with the City of Tempe and the Tempe Police Department about the noise issues from nearby establishments, and they will be enforcing the noise ordinances, particularly with the loud music that is piped to outdoor speakers. I know that this does not change your experience, but I hope you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it. I also appreciate your positive feedback about our staff, and will be sure to pass along your comments. Thank you again for letting me know about your experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great hotel especially for corporate events. While it was full it never seemed it as is well designed. Loved the Snack Shack!!

(Unfortunately I find that i have to write a minimum of 200 characters for Trip Advisor which will mean I probably don't review again.)

• Stayed March 2014
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was at the Tempe Mission Palms for a medical conference. We were so impressed with the food we asked the chefs to join us so we could acknowledge their delicious meals and attention to detail. The rooms were quiet, spacious, and comfortable. The front staff was very accommodating and helpful. Room service was delicious and quick. The setting in the midst of palm trees and a lovely small town made for lovely walks, good food, and easy accessibility to local spots. Coming from Cleveland's ice storm, it was like the Promised Land.

Room Tip: Face the mountains!!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear bobswife1983,

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your conference at Tempe Mission Palms so very much! Our chefs were thrilled to be recognized for their hard work, as they are an integral part of our conference service team. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience, and that the guest room met your expectations. We look forward to hosting your conference again, and hope that you will come visit us again for a relaxing vacation!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great location,within walking distance to restaurants, shops. Close to the airport. Very friendly and informative staff from time of booking to reception, concierge, ground keepers, all in all A1.Beautiful hotel with nice big comfortable rooms. I had a room overlooking the Courtyard which was especially inviting as there was a balcony door that opened with a view on the Courtyard. A big plus when a window or door opens, feeling less confined, frees the mind, relieves the stress.Well organized meals be it the breakfast, box lunch or buffet associated with the conference. Relaxing and regrouping with others at "Harry's" in the Courtyard, the fireplace, the palm trees,cleanliness, the weather...superb experience! Fantastic location for a conference or other, best location to get away from the harsh winter, couldn't ask for better climate, just wish my stay was longer.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great rooms, great location next to ASU and it's campus town great active courtyard and the snack shacks are the best for conferees. The staff couldn't be more helpful. I sprained my knee the last day and they did everything to relieve my distress. The concierge personally brought ice to my room.

• Stayed March 2014