“Spring Training”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Chicago, Illinois
“Spring Training”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our first time staying at Tempe Mission Palms and what a great time we had! It was so nice to walk out the front or back entrance to find restaurants, bars or shopping. The trolly for the Cubs game was a huge convenience. The hotel personal was fantastic! Asking directions or bringing us our rental car, the bell staff was outstanding, many compliments to Bill, Otto, Calvin & Regan. Our room was nice and the cleaning service was always there and had your room cleaned early in the day. The grounds were clean and colorful with all the flowers.
We can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor opposite side of the elevators, so it was very quite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Cannot understand why this place is so highly ranked, maybe people don't travel much. So the first room they put me in was right next to an elevator and all I heard was the elevator going up and down. It was a Sunday night and the place wasn't very busy, so why would they put me next to an elevator. So I went to reception and had my room changed. As soon as I walked into room #2 I was hit by a very strong cigarette smell, in a non-smoking room. I turned right-around and went to reception to get another room. Room #3 was okay and that was that. But there is nothing particularly special about this place. It tries to be high-end with a valet service and restaurant but it won't impress the seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from elevators, apparently that's not implied at this place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChooChoo34
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear ChooChoo34,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I was concerned to hear about the issues with the noise from the elevator, and I have spoken with our Director of Engineering about the noise, and we will be working to fix this problem. I also would like to apologize that there was a cigarette odor in the other room you were in, as we are a non-smoking hotel and there should be no cigarette odors. Thank you for taking the time to let me know of these problems, as we are only able to improve our services with honest guest feedback, such as yours.

Savoy, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were here for a 60th Wedding Anniversary. Front Desk , restaurants, pool, room, grounds, bar, everything was clean. They have a shuttle to and from the airport, Nice! The smell of the orange blossoms is unbelievable!! A very nice Resort in the Middle of town. Stores, Restaurants, bars are all in walking distance. We will be back..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Oceanside, California
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This Hotel has the perfect location for wherever you may be travelling in the general Phoenix/Tempe area. The rooms are very nice and the staff is above average. The grounds are well appointed and well kept. You are walking distance to dozen of resturants and shopping. Old town is a short drive and the area has no shortage of activities. The hotel is loacted near ASU so be prepared to Party if you so choose

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my third or fourth stay at the hotel. I was attending the corporate event and the hotel itself and service were both impeccable. It was most refreshing to be able to walk around the courtyard and snack at the snack shack during breaks. I needed a car for the day and the concierge was most helpful in arranging that at a very reasonable rate. If I can wholeheartedly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear William M,

I would like to thank you for recommending Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you choose us when visiting Tempe, and that our staff, including our concierge, were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to your next visit, and we will keep the Snack Shack stocked for your return!

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As I write this at 11:30 pm on a Thursday night, I am listening to music pounding through the hotel wall from the bar across the street. The hotel tells me there are no quiet rooms available to escape the noise and that the bar is legal entitled to continue the "festivities" until 2:00 am. While I have no other complaints about the hotel, not being able to get a decent night's sleep is a pretty big downside to the experience of staying here. However, it's not all bad news - the hotel did give me a free pair of earplugs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TripAdmonisher
Dear TripAdmonisher,

I would like to extend my apologies for the noise coming from the bar across the street from our property. I have been in contact with the City of Tempe and the Tempe Police Department about these noise issues, and as a result, the police department will be issuing citations to those establishments violating the noise ordinances. I know that this does not change your experience, but please know that we have heard your concerns and are working to resolve the issues. Again, please accept my sincere apology, and I hope that you will return in the future to see that we have resolved these problems.

Southwestern US
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were here for a weekend conference (Friday and Saturday nights) and suffered through loud, pounding noise from 9:30 pm to 2:30 am both nights. Even with earplugs, I could hear the roar from partiers. The hotel was sold out, so no switching to quieter room was possible. Staff commented that Tempe has 55,000 ASU students in the vicinity, implying that they were blameless. My take: Tempe is not a town for non-students or those without a compelling reason to be near ASU. The noise from the bars on Mill Ave is a fatal flaw: rooms that face 5th or Mill have no sound insulation (I noted single-pane windows in our room). I am normally oblivious to noise, but this level was exceptional. The good news: if you are looking for a party school, look no further than ASU. Those kids were having a wild time. Others in our group reported noise from a wedding on the property and from smokers on the second floor interior balcony. Good food might be another casualty of lots of student consumers in the vicinity. Food from hotel kitchen was mediocre. Rather a shame as the property handled our conference beautifully (no noise during daylight hours). The meeting rooms were well-organized and the central patio charming. Concierge helpful, valet parking well-run. But hard to get excited about a hotel where you can't get a good night's sleep. I hope I never spend a weekend here again. Not sure I'd risk a visit on a weekday either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Miss_W0rd
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Miss_W0rd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. I apologize that the noise disrupted your sleep during your recent stay. I would like you to know that I have been in contact with the City of Tempe and the Tempe Police Department about the noise issues from nearby establishments, and they will be enforcing the noise ordinances, particularly with the loud music that is piped to outdoor speakers. I know that this does not change your experience, but I hope you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it. I also appreciate your positive feedback about our staff, and will be sure to pass along your comments. Thank you again for letting me know about your experience.