Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Motel 6 Tempe ASU(Tempe)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$53
  • Pool
US$84
US$81
US$125
US$120
Best Western Inn Of Tempe(Tempe)(Great Value!)
US$138
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,825 results
All reviewsgreat locationsnack shackharry's placebeautiful courtyardorange treeswithin walking distancecollege townlight railrooftop poolmill streetrestaurants and barsbusiness tripsun devil stadiumfootball gameasu campusflight pathvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Location: perfect for access to downtown, campus, metro light rail, and airport.
Room: comfortably well furnished. potential for noise on courtyard and, apparently - as noted in other reviews - in proximity to restaurants/bars.
Service: generally but not uniformly professional, attentive and responsive. We did encounter some surliness at the concierge desk, but it was not the rule.
Conference facilities and associated meals were excellent in organization and preparation.
Fitness Facilities: Limited space and selection of equipment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear SALMD,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your honest feedback on areas we could improve upon, and thank you for recognizing our hard working staff members that are a great contribution to our success – particularly with hosting conferences. We look forward to your next stay.

Tempe Mission Palms

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Came here for work the other week, really friendly staff and were super accomodating

Very convenient to ASU campus and close to restaurants, and PHX airport. They even have a free shuttle.

Good free wifi. Only reason I didn't give 5 star is the pool is a little outdated but nevertheless served its function in the sun city!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear flyingflipflops,

Thank you for your recent review of Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. You will be glad to know that we have a complete remodeling of our pool coming very soon, including new decking and furniture. I hope that you visit us again, and experience all the great changes to the rooftop pool. Thank you for acknowledging our hard working staff, also.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I'm not even sure what to say here. I stay here several times a year for business. It's getting long in the tooth. Service is BAD. No staff at either bar even after multiple calls on the house phone, they schedule you for shuttle times that don't exist. My room faced the street and it was so loud from bar noise my walls vibrated at 130. The front desk was called and they were totally unsympathetic. On the second call, they actually sent the police to my room to make sure things were disrupt-full enough to do anything. When I checked out and complained again, the front desk clerk actually shrugged his shoulders. This hotel is definitely lacking appropriate management. It's a shame really, as the food here is good and it's convenient for meetings.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank RubyDo1956
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our first time staying at Tempe Mission Palms and what a great time we had! It was so nice to walk out the front or back entrance to find restaurants, bars or shopping. The trolly for the Cubs game was a huge convenience. The hotel personal was fantastic! Asking directions or bringing us our rental car, the bell staff was outstanding, many compliments to Bill, Otto, Calvin & Regan. Our room was nice and the cleaning service was always there and had your room cleaned early in the day. The grounds were clean and colorful with all the flowers.
We can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor opposite side of the elevators, so it was very quite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Cannot understand why this place is so highly ranked, maybe people don't travel much. So the first room they put me in was right next to an elevator and all I heard was the elevator going up and down. It was a Sunday night and the place wasn't very busy, so why would they put me next to an elevator. So I went to reception and had my room changed. As soon as I walked into room #2 I was hit by a very strong cigarette smell, in a non-smoking room. I turned right-around and went to reception to get another room. Room #3 was okay and that was that. But there is nothing particularly special about this place. It tries to be high-end with a valet service and restaurant but it won't impress the seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from elevators, apparently that's not implied at this place.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChooChoo34
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear ChooChoo34,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I was concerned to hear about the issues with the noise from the elevator, and I have spoken with our Director of Engineering about the noise, and we will be working to fix this problem. I also would like to apologize that there was a cigarette odor in the other room you were in, as we are a non-smoking hotel and there should be no cigarette odors. Thank you for taking the time to let me know of these problems, as we are only able to improve our services with honest guest feedback, such as yours.