“Excellent place for conference”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was here for a few days for a professional conference. This hotel is a perfect venue for it. The rooms were nice & clean. Service was great. Food was outstanding. Location perfect - lot to do within in walking distance. The pool was a great refresher. I enjoyed climbing "A" mountain at the rear of the property - climb and watch the sunset @ night. Tempe Town Lake is a short walk from the hotel - another enjoyable place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear AkronTravelBug,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. We were glad you were able to experience the Tempe area during your recent conference, and that you found our facilities to be a “perfect venue.” I hope you are able to come visit us again for a vacation, or that you are back for another conference soon.

Tempe Mission Palms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for just a night. The location is top notch. I love hotels that I can walk to town from and this defiantly has that. The lobby was nicely appointed and spacious; the staff was friendly.

The room was pretty nice. Smaller than I expected for the kind of hotel they advertise to be but it worked for a night. The room was clean, except the surfaces that don't get touched a lot were very dusty. I've never seen that in a hotel. The courtyard was cute and lively the one night I was there (a thursday) for cocktails and breakfast. I did not see or use the pool.

To this hotels credit, I had just stayed at a really nice resort for 3 nights before this so I had high expectations coming in. The location is the best part of this hotel... Downtown tempe is super cute!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am in LOVE with this hotel. From the super friendly staff to the the ultra clean and modern rooms...this hotel is perfect. I think all of the rooms have a Juliet balcony, which was a nice, romantic feature. The hotel is located within walking distance to the University and a nice downtown area with plenty of shops and restaurants. We also walked around the corner to a metro/train station. I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First off, the hotel has a very nice location. The property is situated on the main shopping street in Tempe. Second off, the condition of the property is fine. The room was clean and the furnishings were nice, however the pool area was filthy and unkept. While we could have ignored that issue, what soured our stay was the terrible service.

First off, the operator that answered when attempting to book a shuttle was very rude. It took several calls over a lengthy period to obtain the shuttle because it kept not showing up.

Secondly, the bartender in the pool area was rude, however she was busy and overworked without a server, so I did not mind.

Lastly, upon returning home, we discovered that we were overcharged for our stay. I called the hotel and spoke with a gentleman named 'Rick'. Rick indicated that he could not find the charge, which I knew to be incorrect. I asked to speak with the manager and Rick rudely claimed that he was the manager. I then asked for the contact information of the general manager and Rick responded with 'goodbye sir' and disconnected my call. This is unacceptable service.

After dealing with Rick I emailed the hotel twice asking for the email address of the general manager. I did not receive a response. I then called the hotel and was able to obtain the email address of the general manager, Ken. I emailed Ken in late April, almost 2 weeks ago and have not received a response.

In short, if you want to be treated poorly, come home to excessive charges on your credit card, and not receive a reply from the general manager, stay here!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank thechef6555
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Couldn't beat the location for the RnR 1/2 - walking distance to both the start and finish as well as to restaurants and the train into Phoenix. Friendly, helpful staff. The only negative would be the noise from the bars across the street until at least 1 am.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Location: perfect for access to downtown, campus, metro light rail, and airport.
Room: comfortably well furnished. potential for noise on courtyard and, apparently - as noted in other reviews - in proximity to restaurants/bars.
Service: generally but not uniformly professional, attentive and responsive. We did encounter some surliness at the concierge desk, but it was not the rule.
Conference facilities and associated meals were excellent in organization and preparation.
Fitness Facilities: Limited space and selection of equipment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear SALMD,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your honest feedback on areas we could improve upon, and thank you for recognizing our hard working staff members that are a great contribution to our success – particularly with hosting conferences. We look forward to your next stay.

Tempe Mission Palms

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Came here for work the other week, really friendly staff and were super accomodating

Very convenient to ASU campus and close to restaurants, and PHX airport. They even have a free shuttle.

Good free wifi. Only reason I didn't give 5 star is the pool is a little outdated but nevertheless served its function in the sun city!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear flyingflipflops,

Thank you for your recent review of Tempe Mission Palms on Tripadvisor. You will be glad to know that we have a complete remodeling of our pool coming very soon, including new decking and furniture. I hope that you visit us again, and experience all the great changes to the rooftop pool. Thank you for acknowledging our hard working staff, also.