The excellent service started from the moment I picked up my bags at the airport and called for a shuttle pick up. The guest service agent was friendly and informative. It's a short ride from Phoenix to the hotel and since it was my first visit I found it to be interesting.
Arrival at the resort was easy, bell hop service attentive and the hotel lobby striking. Check in was easy and I was thankful to get to my room. I found that to be impressive, not overly large but well appointed, comfortable with all the right touches and everything I needed. My room overlooked the courtyard and had doors that opened so I could enjoy a breeze, the view and the chatter of all the birds that reside in the very large orange trees.
There was a mini fridge, coffee maker, hairdryer and good quality body wash, shampoo and conditioner provided, along with a small supply of q-tips, hand soap and lotion. There were also a few sundries available.
As with most all hotels & resorts the menus are outrageously priced, but upon arrival I was too tired to go out so ordered room service. The food was good.
I attended a conference and found the venue was fantastic. I would highly recommend this property for planners seeking a great spot. There were plenty of break out rooms, and a large ballroom for the welcome and keynote presentations. I especially loved that our daily breakfast was provided in the courtyard and that there was a snack center for beverages and food items open continuously throughout the day for whatever anyone desired. It was always well stocked with healthy and tasty options.. something for everyone. Lunch was also provided daily and was delicious!
One of the items served during lunch was so good that in my direct response to the resorts inquiry of my stay - I asked for the recipe AND THEY WROTE BACK AND GAVE IT TO ME! Never did I really think they would take the time to 1. read my review / feedback and 2. actually provide the recipe! So Glad I asked.
If you're planning a trip to visit kids at ASU, or just heading to the area for a visit, stay here! One noteworthy item I mentioned above, there are a lot of birds who were a bit noisy. I typically travel with a fan for white noise while I sleep.. this was absolutely necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe