“The is The Place to Stay!!!”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is without a doubt the best place to stay when in town. From the front desk to the valet, customer service cannot be beat. The Hotel is clean and up to date. The atmosphere is calm, yet sophisticated. The restaurant/bar on site is very good, there are also multiple restaurants/Bars within walking distance. If you are looking for a great place to stay for business or pleasure, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TempeMissionP, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear George D,

Thank you for your review about your stay at Tempe Mission Palms. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure that our guests are well taken care of, and I appreciate that you acknowledged their customer service. I’m glad you enjoyed our location, and the atmosphere of our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Ken McKenzie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Top star hotel in all ways. Perfect location. We visited Tempe for Freshman Orientation and was able to walk to campus, light rail to see the Diamondbacks, and enjoy the nightlife on Mill. Kudos to shuttle and front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I thought this hotel was great knowing that there would be 250+ conference attendees. The valet service was wonderful in providing help with my luggage as well as giving advice on places to eat and visit. The hotel was willing to extend my check out time until 2:00 p.m. which I really appreciated.

My room was spacious and comfortable. It was nice cool after coming in from the hot outdoors. I didn't really have any issues except that the cleaning service overlooked the coffee cups that I used. They forgot to replace them one day but it was not really a concern of mine.

The conference food was excellent and I never left the room hungry. The staff was great in making sure that our needs were met.

The location of the hotel was as it was surrounded by restaurants and shops and a light rail. I would stay here again!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here two nights for business in the area. The rooms were large and nice and service was good. This hotel has a great location on Mill Ave and close to everything. I think it s a little over priced compared to other hotels in the area were are quite a bit nicer but you are paying for the location. Had a good stay but not sure if this would be tops on my list for a return trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Good sized rooms with usual amenities. Decor a little dated but very clean and well maintained. Pool on 2nd floor with loads of sunbeds and shelter if you want it - believe me you do in this heat! Friendly staff throughout and right on the main strip with bars and restaurants.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wont come back here again. Went for a conference. Awesome location but way overpriced and I've been to way better hotels for much cheaper where you receive more amenities--FOR FREE. On top of the expensive hotel rooms here, you are charged a "resort fee" which I'm not really sure what that gives you. Access to the pool? Every hotel I've been to that has a pool allows guests to use it for free. You have to pay an absurd amount of money to use the "business center's" computers. They had a "snack shack" for conference members which left a lot to be desired. It seemed to be first come-first served. Old, stale bagels with no cream cheese and old, sticky, frozen butter packets. Coffee ran out consistently and there was no urgency by staff to correct any of these issues.

Lunches that were provided for conference members? If you weren't able to get to the line within 10 minutes, you didn't eat. Once the buffet trays emptied, they were not refilled. Or at least not during the extra 20 minutes I waited around for food that never arrived so I had to go to a restaurant down the street for food.

Room service? I suggest not doing that. Don't order breakfast there. It was awful. I had eggs and sausage one morning (sausage was like a gritty hamburger and my eggs were over cooked, brown from old cooking oil, and crispy overdone). Eggs benedict the next morning and the english muffin was stale and eggs were disgusting. These were NOT cheap items either.

Ordered room service for dinner... poor overall. A "caesar salad" for $7 to start (i LITERALLY counted 4 pieces of lettuce which came with a microscopic drizzle of what I presumed to be caesar dressing, and garnished with rock-hard, stale piece of bread). Then the "jumbo lump crab cake" for $12 which was a tiny greasy crab cake drenched in oil. The avocado mango shrimp tower was actually pretty decent and reasonably priced ($9). Came with 3 shrimp and an avacodo/mango mash-up.

Also, to add to room service--the room service waiters don't inform you that tax is already added to the bill. Once I received the bill he goes "Just add tax and total at the bottom, along with your signature and that's it". What a completely deceptive way to do business. I asked for a copy of the bill but they claimed that is something I would get at check out. Once I checked out, the itemized receipts were sent to me and it showed that customers were already being charged 18% gratuity and then being deceitfully lead on to believe that we needed to add tip at the bottom.

There are other hotel chains in the area that I've had better service and honesty with so I would advise going to one of those.

2  Thank MPHGirl23
Alison B, General Manager at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Aubrey F,

I was concerned to hear about your experience during your stay for your conference. I do apologize that the snack shack was not stocked appropriately, particularly with the coffee. This should never happen during a conference. In addition, I apologize that the buffet was not refreshed in a timely manner. I will be discussing your feedback about room service with our Food and Beverage team, particularly about the tax and gratuities, as it is definitely not our intention to be deceptive in any way. Thank you for your honest feedback, as this is how we are able to make improvement to our guest experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was staying at Tempe Mission Palms for a four day training seminar held at the hotel. I have to say that I would pay my own money to visit it again. My room was spacious and clean, the drinks and food in Harry's were excellent and all of the hotel staff I came into contact with were friendly and efficient. Sure the coffee from the little pot in the room is awful, but the coffee over at the Mission Grill made up for it. One of the features I especially liked were the seating areas both indoors and outdoors in the courtyard. Comfortable places to sit and chat or read without feeling locked in a hotel room. Many local restaurants easy, as in a block or two, walking. Truly one of my favorite hotel stays for any reason.

Dear Gayle B,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Tempe Mission Palms. I’m glad you enjoyed our courtyard, which is also one of my favorite things about our property. We are working on replacing our in-room coffee makers, and hopefully next time you visit us, the coffee will be much improved. Thank you again for your feedback.