We travel to a number of conventions and trade shows during the year, and try to stay at the host hotel. Sometimes this is a compromise - you're right there for events, but the room is so bad it's only a place for sleeping. The Mission Palms had no compromises. The rooms were a standard size, clean, well-decorated, and made up in the morning within 30 minutes of putting the "please make up this room" sign on the doorknob.
The hotel itself was a perfect place for a warm-weather convention. The meeting rooms are arranged around a courtyard, which was a lovely spot to stop and talk. The Grille restaurant, open for breakfast and lunch, has a dozen tables in the courtyard and became one of our favorite places. The breakfast buffet at 13.95 for all you can eat was a great way to start the morning. We'd get a plate of food and leisurely eat, greeting other guests and getting up occasionally to refill. The scrambled eggs were the best I've ever had from a buffet - warm, fluffy, and moist. They even had a freezer full of Ben & Jerry's icecream treats!
From the moment the complimentary van pulled up at the airport, we felt welcomed and taken care of by the staff, who, for example, went out of their way to ensure to we able to ship packages home on a holiday weekend. Iced water in the lobby, a flower on room service trays, a friendly nod or hello when passing - the staff helped make the convention run smoothly.
And did I mention that the balcony doors in the room opened out onto the courtyard? I mean, really opened! For someone who actually likes Arizona heat, this was a blessing, as I could shut off the A.C. and open the door to get a warm breeze in the room - which quickly dried our bathing suits, as we took advantage of the pool and spa tubs as often as we could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe