We stayed here for three nights, and we could not *possibly* have been more pleased with this hotel. It was *gorgeous*, the service was exceptional, the poolside bar and food service were delightful, there were more bars, restaurants, shops, etc. within three blocks than we were able to get to in three days (and believe me, we tried), the food and room service were great... truly, it exceeded all my expectations. The third day we never left the hotel, just enjoying the wonderful room service, pool service, restaurant, bar, courtyard, and view from our French doors. I honestly can't wait to go back. :)
One suggestion: Request a room with a window facing the inner courtyard on the third or fourth floor if you want to be able to get a good night's sleep. The street is *really* loud. Plus, there are French doors that open into the rooms, turning the room itself into a gorgeous balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was glorious to open those doors every morning. (Of course, we went at the beginning of April when the temperatures are still incredibly pleasant, which I also highly recommend. Phoenix in the summer is hell.)
There's one problem about downtown Tempe in general, which is that it's *right* under the flight path to the airport, which is about 10 minutes away, and the planes are *unbelievably* loud. They bring them in at about one a minute for a few hours in the early morning. Bring really, really good earplugs.
There's no doubt in my mind that this is *by far* the best hotel in Tempe. I can't recommend it enough. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe