“Just wonderful :)”

Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We stayed here for three nights, and we could not *possibly* have been more pleased with this hotel. It was *gorgeous*, the service was exceptional, the poolside bar and food service were delightful, there were more bars, restaurants, shops, etc. within three blocks than we were able to get to in three days (and believe me, we tried), the food and room service were great... truly, it exceeded all my expectations. The third day we never left the hotel, just enjoying the wonderful room service, pool service, restaurant, bar, courtyard, and view from our French doors. I honestly can't wait to go back. :)

One suggestion: Request a room with a window facing the inner courtyard on the third or fourth floor if you want to be able to get a good night's sleep. The street is *really* loud. Plus, there are French doors that open into the rooms, turning the room itself into a gorgeous balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was glorious to open those doors every morning. (Of course, we went at the beginning of April when the temperatures are still incredibly pleasant, which I also highly recommend. Phoenix in the summer is hell.)

There's one problem about downtown Tempe in general, which is that it's *right* under the flight path to the airport, which is about 10 minutes away, and the planes are *unbelievably* loud. They bring them in at about one a minute for a few hours in the early morning. Bring really, really good earplugs.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is *by far* the best hotel in Tempe. I can't recommend it enough. :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 20 March 2010

My daughter and I stayed there March 12-13th. Very close to Mill Street and main shopping and entertainment district. While shopping on Mill Street, there's a used book store called Old Town Books, a great find!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Excellent place. the courtyard with orange trees are amazing

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms property while attending a fund raiser for my nephew. I can't begin to express how impressed I was with the professionalism, courtesy and attentiveness of the staff (front desk, valet, bellman, concierge & staffing at the event). My overall hotel experience was WONDERFUL. The staff was so accommodating and compassionate to my entire family. The property is gorgeous and the newly renovated rooms were eloquent and beyond comfortable, the bedding, pillows and linens were of superior quality. The food and dining experience was also amazing, both at the fundraiser and in the restaurant. One more thing to note, the special attention to detail and extra bit of service such as the Valet, bellman & front desk ensuring that the pizza I ordered for my three young nephews made it upstairs to our room was more appreciated than words can express. From the moment I pulled up to the property and until I left the message from the staff was loud and clear, "you are in good hands, please let us take care of this for you." The hotel manager also deserves extra special accolades for her warm heart, organizational and management skills. As a side note, I work for a large aerospace company and have colleagues and customers fly in from other sites on a regular basis. Please know that I will recommend the Tempe Mission Palms to anyone who plans on traveling to the valley.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Great hotel, very handy to local restaurants and light rail. Good facilities and friendly, helpful staff.
Only complaint was being on the side of the hotel that backed onto the back door of a nightclub, where everyone came out to have a smoke.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank JoBurton
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I was at this hotel for a work seminar but was sad I had not booked for an extra personal day at the end of the week.

The hotel surrounds a beautiful relaxing courtyard. For conference set up the hotel has two break rooms which we had reserved. These little huts in the courtyard are stocked with everything....made to order coffee machines, every kind of snack, beautiful continental breakfast, beverages ect... and the staff changes out the options daily and wheels out an ice cream truck in the afternoon. It was lovely to step out onto the courtyard during meeting breaks to get some fresh air. (Of course the weather was lovely sunny and cool in Feb...this may not be so nice in the summer).

The layout of the hotel was very relaxing with an indoor-outdoor living feel with the lobby and bar area opened up tot the courtyard. Very upscale professional staff. Beautiful furnishings. The pool area was nice although I did not get in. The hotel is also located within walking distance of a great little nightlife area with dining, starbucks and a few bars.

My room was very comfortable with nice bath amenities, good workspace and very comfortable bedding.

My one complaint would be internet access which was almost non-existent in many areas of the hotel with very weak wireless signal....it was free which is unusual for the nicer luxury hotels.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank eakennedy
Reviewed 21 February 2010

This hotel is not a Four Seasons, but it is a solid and comfortable place. The facilities are nice, and there is an attractive courtyard where you can sit and have a drink. The pool and fitness center were attractive. The room was well cleaned. It is slightly generic, but the decoration is pretty attractive. The bathtub was not large, and the water could have been hotter. There is no golf, tennis, or spa. I had a massage at the Mood Swings salon, which was very near by and was a good place to go for services. The people at the service desk were very friendy and nice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo