Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
US$203
US$153
Aloft.com
1,384 results
All reviewstop of the rockmarket cafepool barunique propertynarande spanice resortgreat poolangels spring trainingpool sidebreakfast buffetclose to the airportbit datedbusiness tripguest roomsbusiness or pleasurefitness centerpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our staycation to celebrate our anniversary and take a break from the kids. We were more than excited at the thought of sleeping in until 9 or so in a dark, cold hotel room. Unfortunately, the room did not allow that. Our room window was on the fourth floor facing the highway and there are only wooden shades, no curtains and we were blinded at 630 am by the amount of sunlight in the room. Additionally, we set the thermometer as low as it would go, 60 degrees and would guess the lowest the temp got in the room was 78. We liked the location and the pool, but since we were most looking forward to the room and we're disappointed I'm rating the hotel as poor.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your resent stay with us at The Buttes Marriott. I appreciate your concern, interest, and the extra time you have taken to bring these matters to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain, and of which you have every right to expect.
Again, I certainly appreciate you taking the time to inform me of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you property.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The setting is lovely, and the staff - especially the front desk and the bell station - could not be friendlier or more helpful. However, the property needs a major overhaul - the corridors are very dark - my husband remarked that it seemed like walking down the hall of prison. Why not have a brighter color on the walls other than that dark grey? Housekeeping is very lackadaisical - we found items on the floor from a previous guest and one afternoon when we came back into our room there was a small blue pill on the floor!! It most certainly did not belong to either of us. The elevators were consistently dirty, very dirty. There were cigarette butts outside near the patio which did not get removed until the 3rd day we were there. (My husband and I do not smoke.)The food was mediocre - certainly not in keeping with other Marriott resorts. The spa was a big disappointment - it's very small, very cramped, and only one person at a time can fit in the locker area. If you're not going to do something right, don't do it! Overall,it's a nice enough place, but there are nicer places to spend your money.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room AWAY from the swimming pools - otherwise you'll be serenaded by loud music and loud people.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We thank you for your review and I am sorry that the luxury part of the hotel did not live up to your expectations. We are working on impovements throughout the property and we will address the housekeeping short comings. Thank you for the feedback and we hope that the great service you experienced will bring you back. Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

just checked in to the hotel after my plane was 2 hours late and working another conference for 2 days - only to find that I'm stuck in a handicapped room with nothing but a wardrobe that smells terrible to hang my clothes in. No vanity to speak of, no make mirror, and no robe. I've stayed here before so I know what I don't have. When I called down - I was told that it was the ONLY room available when I arrived at 9:00 pm. I happen to know that there are other members of my meeting group on their way here tonite - so there are other rooms. I told the receptionist that I wasn't happy with the room and she said nothing.That's not how I was expecting to be treated. So much for being a Marriott club member.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michelle S, Director of Rooms at Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

I am sorry that you did not get the room type that you were looking for. When we are at capacity it is a true game in balancing the house as well as all guest requests. I can assure you that we take a lot of time in accommodating bed type preference and location at this property. While there may have been more folks due to arrive - if they have specific requests and if we were out of rooms with the bed type you were looking for we will assign our accessible rooms. We have renovated all our rooms and I am sorry if you did not like the layout of this particular room. We have removed robes from the guest rooms however they are available upon request. I can assure you that we value our rewards members. They have priority. You have to book with your rewards number though. There is not much that can be done at 9pm at night when we are down to our very last arrivals. We can only hope the room we pre-assigned will meet your expectations. Again we are sorry and I hope this helps a bit. We do our best and hope you return to our lovely resort.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Third time staying at this hotel and will seek other options when coming back to the Phoenix area. If you don't have a schedule to stick to or think that when you set a wake call they will actually call you, then you are good. Also don't forget to reserve a time for your room to be serviced.

Not the service or staff experience I expect after over 500 stays at Marriott Hotels through out the world.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave R

Sir we are very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I completely understand your frustration in the missed wake up call. This is not acceptable, and we should have completed this simply request for you. You are a valued Platinum member and we do appreciate your stays with us. I am also sorry that we did not clean your room during the time you expected. We do our best to service our rooms for new incoming guests as well as our stay over guests. We do provide a card in the room that allows a guest to select what time they would prefer room service. We do understand that you are Platinum and that your room should be done first - we will make changes to better address the way in which we do service the rooms. There should be a priority in servicing our loyal Rewards Guests first. I am sorry that we could not resolve this to your liking and that you do not want to come back. My offer still stands to personally help with future reservations should you reconsider us. Thank you again for more feedback and I hope to hear from you. Thank you - Michelle

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a business conference. I could only rate it three stars because of the confusion and madness during our stay. However the staff was very professional and handled it the best they could. The restaurants on the property use a lot of the local foods which is good but stacking everything on wet cornbread is not a good thing for this southerner. I have to say I did not enjoy any of the food on the property. The inside bar area window had several flies that I had to fight for my lunch. I also had a huge roach outside my door. I don't know if its the fact the hotel is built upon a mountain(rock) or what, but the bugs were a little much for me.

The pools were nice but the hot tub near my room was not clean. The staff was very friendly and wanted to make sure your stay was pleasant. The spa is small but the service is very nice. If you come with gel nails there is a 65.00 charge to remove them. They currently only do basic manicures. My massage was wonderful.

This was my least favorite hotel stay however I could tell that they are trying. If you have any complaints they will take care of you. Just try not to stay when they are full, I don't think they are quite ready.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback. We appreciate your stay with us and even more the feedback in regards to the challenges that you faced. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We definitely did not fulfill the expectations that we set for ourselves - let alone our guests. Your feedback is helpful in the training of our teams. Thank you again.