“WOULD NEVER EVER STAY HERE!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Window Rock
“WOULD NEVER EVER STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We had booked several rooms, or so we thought, and when our group arrived we were told that we didn't have reservations. Rather than try to help us, the manager tried to "blame" us by saying that it was all our fault. Having talked to the person who had taken our reservations, this person had given the info to the manager. Who knows what happened to it from there. I refuse to stay at this hotel and do not recommend it to anyone who happen to have large groups of 30 or more. I complained to the coporate office, but all that happened was that they had the manager contact me and he wanted to know what he could do? I replied that there was nothing he could do now, if he wanted to help us, he should have done it the night we needed help. It was a "nightmare" and the worst experience I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharyl W
Donald K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our policies have since changed for group bookings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My Wife and I stayed at this property for 1 night in late January 2013. What a pleasant surprise it was. It's on the outlying lot of the Mills mall, which was very convenient when it came time to do some shopping. The room was large and well laid out. The wifi was nice and quick, and the front desk staff very coureous and attentive. The stay was brief, but I would still rate this a perfect place for any occasion. The breakfast was very good, lots of hot choices, and plenty of options to choose from. If I ever get back to this part of the country, I'll book a room at this hotel because of it's proximity to the interstate, the Airport, and the Mills Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel last May, and decided to give it another go. I have to admit, my last stay here was less than stellar. However, they have raised the quality of the quality of the Breakfast service, which was a pleasant surprise. I had booked a room for a collogue, but he did not receive my communication, and booked at another hotel. I was able to cancel without any penalty, which I really appreciated! I was also upgraded to a better room without asking as I am a Priority Club member. I would definitely return with no hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pjriccio
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is where I always stay when I go to Phoenix. Convenient to the airport. Fast food restaurants are close by as well as a mall for shopping if needed. Always quiet when I stay here. Average hotel breakfast.

1 Thank Wes B
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stay here quite frequently during my trips to Arizona. I go back and forth quite a bit to Las Vegas and this is my mid stopping point. I usually check in on friday mid afternoon and depart sunday morning after breakfast! This hotel has all I need. The staff is outstanding. The Assistant General Manager, Joe is AMAZING! Last weekend he gave me a ride to Kinkos so I could mail some ornaments that I did not trust flying with. He is very knowledgeable about his job and cares very much about it. The breakfast is nice, the pool was under maintenance, but it was to conform to new federal guidelines. It is fine, I am sure on one of my 26 trips there next year it will be open. This hotel is great. I love it here!

Room Tip: Room overlooking parking or odd numbered are best.
1 Thank CanadaMan6
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 November 2012

hi, I have stayed at this facility numerous times over the years and this facility has seen the last of me. The check in process was ok. Did not recognize me as a priority member. Room smelled. It had three visible ridges in the worn carpet. Bathroom shower head leaked. Non slip mat in the tub was half peeled up and he breakfast was not worth having. Holiday inn...fix this facility. It is not worth the price.

Room Tip: my tip....do not stay here until they repair it.
2 Thank Mgruen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Mgruen,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and at check in. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tempe, AZ.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I selected this hotel for its near but far proximity to Ironman Arizona. I do not like to be at the race venue. I prefer to be further away with fewer athletes in order to not get caught up in the frenzy of race time.

This hotel is 1 block from the light rail station, so it was easy enough to access the race venue without driving.

The room was clean and quiet. The refrigerator was huge, no problem holding my groceries. I had plenty of room for me, my mom, and my gear- including my bike.

Room Tip: There is no problem with a first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family