“Quiet Room, Great Staff, Perfect Location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Redmond, Oregon
“Quiet Room, Great Staff, Perfect Location”
Reviewed 15 December 2010

My wife and I spent three nights at the HI Express Tempe and were very pleased. The hotel is in a central location with easy access to I-10 and Hwy 60. The front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. My wife and I are paranoid about noise and we found the room to be very quiet. Couldn't ask for more.
Claim Jumper and Joe's Crab Shack are an easy stroll from the hotel as is the huge Arizona Mills shopping center. A restaurant that we liked is Aunt Chelada's which is a short drive west on Baseline Road: http://www.auntchiladas.com/
We hope to return to stay again!
If you are traveling as a tourist. Be sure to see Taliesin West, the Desert Botanical Garden, the Heard Museum and the Phoenix Art Museum.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Newer hotel, great value and close enough to the airport and Mesa Arts Center. Also there were lots of restaurant choices nearby (Claim Jumper, a nice diner, Denny's, fast food chains,) a CVS pharmary, an outlet mall - AZ MIlls.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DooWopCA
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Our visit took place March 25-27, 2010; Room 310: I wanted a hotel closer to the Apache Junction area as we were going to partake in activities around the Apache Trail Loop area (specifically Boyce Thompson Arboretum and the Lost Dutchman State Park), but to be close enough to the central Phoenix area for the restaurants. Holiday Inn Express fit the bill. I took advantage of their reduced, non-refundable, internet rate and booked for 3 nights. We arrived at the hotel after a very long day of work and travel. We were very pleasantly greeted by the evening desk manager and checked in very quickly. She talked me into the free rewards program…and claimed to have bumped us up to ‘a nicer room’ —don’t know what my original room would have looked like. I had no other contact with the front desk on this visit. The room was very large and even had a pull out couch that was quite comfortable, Wi-Fi, microwave, small fridge, coffeemaker, etc. Beds were very comfortable and we heard no noise from the busy street outside our window. We did not take advantage of the pool area. The breakfast was the usual non-kitchen fare served these days (great for snagging a yogurt, fruit and coffee before heading out). A nice size mall sits directly behind the hotel. Just along the street were numerous fast food restaurants and drugstore.

My only complaint (why I gave it 4 stars vice 5) is that the ‘hard water’ had obviously not been treated and of course resulted in feeling like I could not get the soap fully rinsed off. Arizona is in a ‘hard water’ area, but all the other hotels/restaurants we stayed at throughout our vacation must have treated the water as we didn’t have that soapy feeling after bathing.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank spontaneoustrip
Winnipeg
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Stayed here only one night in March before end of holiday departure. Hotel is across the parking lot from Arizona Mills mall great for shopping.Many good food choices within walking distance. Hotel had a great continental breakfast with many choices. Slightly high on the price scale for a Holiday Inn. Not sure what kind of cover is on the mattress but it can be noisy when you lay on it. Really nice outdoor hot tub and pool space.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 13 January 2010

So many things make this a great hotel. Location next to a huge mall. Clean rooms. Fitness center with free weights. 50" flat screen in the room. Typical HI XPRS hot breakfast. Rooms were clean and everything was up to date including free fast wireless. Highly recomend it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Texasduck77479
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I had great expectations of this hotel as many of my associates stay here. We have several bookings whether independently or through the reservation line with my company. When I arrived there were several people in line. I made myself some coffee and waited for my turn to check in. It was about 8 pm or shortly thereafter. One lady at the front decided to go out and smoke, the other decided she must not have time for me. She was rude, pestilent, aggravtaed and seemed like me checking in was just the start of her problems. After checking in she (Elisha, i believe) rudely described to me the amenities of the hotel. I had a couple questions regarding the area and when I asked them she made me feel like I was stupid for asking them. I will never stay here again and will adivse my associates to look for travel accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Texasduck77479
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I and three of my staff members stayed at this hotel for a week while I was attending a local conference. The hotel is a very nice hotel that is located next to several good restaurants and a large mall.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business