“Very acceptable option for either Phx airport or ASU business.”

Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Attractive property conveniently located right off the freeway. Our room was of nice size & layout. Found the property to be quite quiet despite its close proximity to the highway & airport. Have to agree w/earlier review about the the couch being very uncomfortable. I didn't care for the bed that much & hated the super soft pillows but not the end of the world. Breakfast is passable although the dining area is too small for the amount of guests served. We would definitely look at staying here again, no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very convenient to the airport. Furnishings could use updating but overall clean and comfortable. Great to have a free shuttle to and from airport. Service was good and beds were comfortable. Like the mini-suite but the sofa was pretty uncomfortable to sit on. Very quiet--room was on the pool side of the hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room on the back side if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My favourite hotel in Arizona..stayed there for five nights in January...absolutely no major problems. The rooms are clean, the location is great, the rates are reasonable and you get a hot breakfast. The front desk personnel are allways pleasant and courteous. While its not fancy and you dont get a chocolate on your pillow every night, its an excellent three to four star hotel with comfortable beds, working air conditioners and plenty of parking. I would, however, like to request the management to provide another luggage cart because the only one that is available is never there when you need it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GeneralMgr_CS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have stayed here a number of times for business and found it normally clean with friendly attendants. It has a good breakfast and a pleasant managers evening snack hour during the week. Rooms have always been clean. Will most likely stay again when visiting the area. The only thing wrong this time was during check in I was advised to park on the side and use the side door because it would be closer to my room.... I did take the advise but upon approaching the side door the entrance was discusting because of animal droppings (mice, bats not really sure). I mentioned it to the front desk. 24 hours later nothing was done, so I mentioned it again and was told the maintenance man would take care of it on Saturday. I left Sunday... still nothing cleaned. Now, grant you this is outside, but people would need to walk through it and they would carry it on the bottom of their shoes to the carpet inside, not a very sanitary situation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We chose this property for the night before our flight back east d/t convenience and cost. No complaints there. The room was quiet and had a sliding door that opened onto 52nd St, which allowed us to keep the a/c off. A little noisy though, with the slider open.

My gripe is that the sink bowl was cracked. We stayed in room 222. No problem with leaking, but you don't expect a chain property like Comfort to allow such a blemish.

We had an early flight, so we appreciated the shuttle. We saw the bagged breakfast on offer, although we didn't take advantage of it.

Room Tip: If you want to keep the window/slider open, ask for a room away from 52nd street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I was stuck in Phoenix for 6 days and decided to stay here based on past experiences at other comfort suites. I'm glad I did. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and always greeted me with a smile and a hello whenever I passed through the lobby. When I did have a problem with my room (patio door would not open) maintenance man arrived and fixed it within an hour. Breakfast was good. Rooms were very clean and quiet, not like the paper thin walls where you can hear your neighbors at other places. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here on a family trip running around Arizona. We had two king rooms. They were perfect. Hotel was convenient, quiet, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was fine with both hot and cold items. Great location near the airport but didn't hear the planes. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family