“Good place to stay”

Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 29 March 2014

So I booked through Travelocity based on the free shuttle to and from the airport and the free breakfast so I will start with those. The shuttle driver Martin is a gem. On the way to the hotel we were asking him questions and he was very helpful with information on the buses and where the local (a mile and half round trip, lol) convenience store was which was great. Martin also said that if he was around and free he could take us and he actually meant it as our second night in we were going to attempt the walk and Martin was in the lobby and when we approached him he immediately jumped up and was kind enough to drive us to the local store.

The breakfast is crowded as people have said but somehow we managed to snag a table every time we went down. It wasn't gourmet but it was hot and filling and a ton of choices. Make your own waffles (yum), hash browns, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, bagels, toast, biscuits and gravy, pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, etc. It was a good variety. We did have one of the grab it and go breakfast bags one morning as our tour was picking us up before breakfast started and it was a small bottle of water, an apple and a granola bar. Nothing spectacular but also something I have never seen another hotel provide.

The pool was great. Not huge but clean and refreshing after a long hot day. The hot tub was also a treat and also clean.

The room was decent. Our patio door opened to a small balcony which was a pleasant surprise but the door didn't lock and the screen door was off the track but we were not that concerned as we felt safe.

The air conditioner left something to be desired as it was so loud we had to turn it off if we wanted to watch tv and my travel companion had to turn it off to be able to sleep at night.

We also had a problem with the voicemail in our room as we got a message but every time we tried to pick it up we got a busy signal and when we called the front desk they said they had nothing showing we had a message. It turned out it was our tour company calling to confirm our pickup time for the following morning which would have been helpful. Another small issue was the fridge in our room was great but the freezer part didn't work and my ice cream melted, Oh well. lol

I would stay at this hotel again as it was pretty reasonably priced and it had the free shuttle and breakfast but if you are looking for perfection this isn't it. What it is: a clean, safe place to stay with friendly staff.

Room Tip: The Sheraton across the street will give you 10-20% off your meal if you mention you are staying at...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked a stay here through Expedia and had to cancel because my flights were cancelled due to a snow storm. Even though I called the day before, the hotel said they couldn't refund the 1-night-stay penalty because it was an Expedia booking. Of course, Expedia says it is because the hotel won't refund the penalty it is charging Expedia. I wouldn't hold this against the hotel so much if the people I spoke to at the front desk had not been so unpleasant and unhelpful about the whole problem. They insisted that I had to pay the penalty because they "held" the room for me, despite the fact that I'd called the day before to cancel the whole stay. Why hold a room they know I won't use? Expedia and Comfort Suites need to get their act together.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel was great-- I appreciated that it was quiet; the windows opened for fresh air; the staff was friendly and helpful.

Lots of hotels are good, but what made this one really great is Monique at the front desk. I left a package at the front desk for FedEx to pickup. However, a miscommunication between the front desk staff and FedEx resulted in my package staying at the hotel and not being picked up for many days. Monique drove my package and others to a FedEx location and dropped them off for me and the other customers. That's the kind of customer service that makes a hotel really stand out. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I traveled to the hotel for a class. The facilities and staff were excellent. The location of the hotel is not within walking distance of restaurants except for the Sheraton Hotel grill across the street, but it was excellent for dining.

The only hiccup was the hotel shuttle from the airport. I waited an hour to be picked up for a 10 minute drive to the hotel. I took a cab from the hotel on my return trip.

I will stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Wonderful motel. Stayed here in February with a group of people for my daughter's wedding at the Tempe Center for the Arts. Absolutely no major problems! The rooms are clean as well as the hotel and pool area. It looked like someone was always cleaning this motel. The location is great and near I -10 and ASU. The rates are reasonable and include a hot breakfast which includes waffles as well as fresh fruit! The front desk personnel are always pleasant and courteous.They even give you suggestions on where to eat. It is not fancy but an excellent two to three star hotel with comfortable beds, working air conditioners and heaters and plenty of parking. I I had no problems with the luggage cart and found it always available for my use. They also have transportation to the airport. Thanks go to Montique and Mr. Alexander Grant. Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: I liked my room with the balcony Keep in mind this property is located next to the freeway so you m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for six nights as we did last year. This hotel is real class. The suites are very large with everything you need The staff were so friendly and helpful at all times. The breakfast was superb with a good selection including hot food. There was also food available as a managers special on certain nights. Great location in a nice area and near to the airport and interstate . Unable to fault this hotel at all and we shall return in the future for sure. Congratulations to all at the Comfort Suites for a memorable stay. You are number one !!!!

Room Tip: Every room is of a high standard .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Attractive property conveniently located right off the freeway. Our room was of nice size & layout. Found the property to be quite quiet despite its close proximity to the highway & airport. Have to agree w/earlier review about the the couch being very uncomfortable. I didn't care for the bed that much & hated the super soft pillows but not the end of the world. Breakfast is passable although the dining area is too small for the amount of guests served. We would definitely look at staying here again, no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed: February 2014